Move On

I'm Sorry Park Jaebum

 “How could you tell me that to forget it all? Mom, I... I was the one who dug it up and posted it to different forums. I was the one who destroyed his life!. It was me.”

Since I left Korea and went to Edmonds, Seattle to have a new life, my Mom and I always argue about this. How can I rebuild my life when I know someone’s life was shattered because of me?. I would only forgive myself, If I’ll see him perform again.

“It’s not your fault that people around him are so narrow-minded and would worsen the situation.” That’s what my Mom kept on telling me.

I’m just as narrow-minded as them or I’m even worse that them, I’m a no-minded heartless human being.

I couldn’t afford seeing my Mom, who is always there to support me, to get hurt any further so I decided to somewhat bring back my life to normal. I started working at a coffee shop and started making new friends. Since I originally came from a third world country, before moving to Korea to live with my Korean dad and learn my roots culture, it’s not that hard to cope up with Seattle.

“Hey, you came from Korea right?” my co-server Claire asked me.

“Yah, why?” I asked.

“So, you know Park Jaebum of 2PM.”

High voltage of electricity shook me after hearing his name.

“Yah.” I was to excuse myself when I heard her say “He’s here. He flew black here after that stupid Myspace Comment Controversy. I mean, why are they being so mean to him? If I would see the person who dug up those comments, I would stab her to death. She deserves it, right?”

I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to do. Park Jaebum’s here? How could that happen? On all places, why here? How could fate be so messed up?

“Hey, are you fine? You look pale.” I was surprised when she touched my shoulders. I accidentally pushed her away.
Shock was visible on her face.

“I’m sorry. My migraine is attacking me again. Just tell the manager I need to go. I’m really sorry. I’m so sorry. I never meant to do that. I’m so sorry.” Tears fell down my cheeks. All I could do is run away. All I know is running away.

I ran to the door. My tears made my sight vague. I accidentally bumped on to someone and fell on the floor.
“I’m sorry.” I apologized. I heard Claire gasped. I looked up to the person I bumped.

My eyes widen.