You've Got a Little Something...

Lips That Need No Introduction.
 
Chapter 2
You've Got a Little Something...
 
 
 
“Park Jaebeom, you pabo!” Melanie scolded, holding her hand over her chest willing her heartbeat to slow down.
 
“You didn’t have to flip me, Mel,” he groaned, from his position on his back as he laid on the  ground.
 
“You know I have that paranoia of someone trying to kidnap me,” she pouted.
 
Jay just wanted to startle Melanie when he saw her waiting at the small park they agreed to meet at before heading to an ice cream shop. He walked up behind her, put his hand over and arm around her waist to act like he was kidnapping her.
 
But it took a wrong turn when he felt his body leave the ground and rushing forward.
 
Jay began to get up into a sitting position and reached behind him to grip his aching back and head. Melanie kneeled down in front of him as she removed his hand from his head and began to check it herself for any swelling or bleeding. When she couldn’t find anything, she let out a sigh of relief.
 
“Maybe I should take you to a hospital just to be sure I didn’t overlook anything,” Melanie mumbled.
 
“Mel, I’m fine. I’ll prove it,” Jay said, before slowly getting to his feet and performing a quick handstand.
 
When he came down from his handstand Melanie noticed Jay wince and immediately frowned. The park that they met at wasn’t very crowded this weekend but Jay’s small display had caught a few pedestrians attention. She hoped that no one could recognize him or herself considering they didn’t really wear any disguises today. She was already a spectacle because she looked like a foreigner and there weren’t many men in South Korea with Jay’s hairstyle.
 
“Just forget about the ice cream, we can get it some other time. We need to get out of here anyways before whatever that girl over there is doing creates some kind of rumor anyways,” Melanie said, motioning her head in the direction of a girl with her phone pointed in their direction.
 
Jay looked over to where she motion and ignored it while helping Melanie to her feet. “You know I don’t care about that stuff. Our relationship isn’t anything new, friends can hang out.”
 
“If you say so,” Melanie agreed, but she still felt uneasy about it. “But I still feel really bad abou—”
 
“If you really feel like paying me back, you can give me a back massage,” Jay interrupted.
 
Melanie’s eyes widened. There was no way that she could do that again.
 
“Jay, I really don’t think that’s appropria—”
 
“Ow, my back! I don’t think I’ll be able to dance for a week,” he moaned, gripping his lower back as if it was in a lot of pain.
 
Melanie glared at him. “Yah! I know it hurts but you’re not some old ajuhssi.”
 
“But it does hurt a little and you give really good massages, Mel,” he pouted cutely.
 
“Curse you and your aegyo,” she grumbled. “Okay I’ll give you a massage when we go to your apartment.” She pinched his cheeks laughing so softly that she doubted he could hear it.
 
Jay could feel his body temperature rising and hoped that his blushing wasn’t shown on his cheeks as he looked closely at Melanie’s features, losing himself briefly in her natural beauty. She was different from any woman he’d met during his time as an idol; an exotic type.
 
He grabbed her hands with his own and pulled them away from his cheeks before dropping them and putting his arm over her shoulder as he lead her out of the park. Talking casually as they walked along the sidewalk, since the ice cream shop wasn’t far away from the park they made it there fairly quick. Jay held the door open for Melanie and they both greeted the workers at the shop.
 
One of the girls working behind thecounter squealed and began to back away from the register area, most likely in surprise to having an idol coming into her workplace. The shop was fairly small, usually with only 3 employees’ working the front counter area, and rarely populated with people but they loved coming here for the delicious homemade ice cream from the shop’s owners.
 
One of the girls working behind the counter squealed and began to back away from the register area, most likely in surprise to having an idol coming into her workplace. The shop was fairly small, usually with only 3 employees’ working the front counter area, and rarely populated with people but they loved coming here for the delicious homemade ice cream from the shop’s owners.
 
“Annyeong haseyo, we’d like to order some ice cream, please,” Jay greeted politely.
 
“What would you two like?” an older man with a friendly smile asked them from behind the counter.
 
“One double scoop birthday cake ice cream mixed with chocolate chips and one double scoop daiquiri ice cream mixed with rainbow sprinkles. We’d like them both in waffle cone bowls, please,” Jay ordered.
 
“If you’ll pay at the register, I’ll make them and bring them right to you,” the man smiled.
 
Jay thanked the worker and turned to Melanie.
 
“Find us a seat, while I go pay, okay?”
 
Melanie nodded and looked around the shop for a nice seat and decided she liked one of the empty tables seating two people near the front window of the shop. She pulled out her chair and set her bag on the floor while picking her phone up. Melanie wanted to check her messages and found no pressing information given to her from her manager, Taeyang’s manager, or any friends or family.
 
She checked her me2day and twitter accounts and while going through her twitter she didn't find anything of interest. She heard a chair scrape across the floor and looked to see Jay sitting down at the other end of the table with their ice cream. He pushed her bowl across the table to her side and Melanie could feel herself almost drooling at how tasty it looked. She pulled her beloved daiquiri ice cream closer to her, taking the spoon that was stuck in it and scooping up some ice cream to eat.
 
Bringing the spoon to , she felt the cool sweet treat melting on her tongue. The explosion of sweetness resting on her tongue made her dance happily wiggling from side to side in the seat smiling as she crunched on the rainbow sprinkles but she stopped after hearing the distinct click of a camera and pouted as she saw Jay with his iPhone held up in her direction.
 
“Jay~!” Melanie whined. “Delete that.”
 
“Aniyo. I’m posting it to my twitter. Netziens need to see your cute side too,” he said, showing the picture to her.
 
Melanie stared at the picture of her with her smiling brightly with the spoon still in . She lunged forward to reach for the phone but Jay had faster reflexes and kept it out of her reach.
 
Jay offered a deal. “I won’t post it if you take a picture with me.”
 
“Fine,” she agreed.
 
“And you have to show your aegyo,” he smirked.
 
“Why does everyone keep saying that I have aegyo, I have no aegyo,” Melanie complained.
 
“You do, look just wink and lean your head towards me, okay?” he said as pulled his chair around to her side of the table.
 
He turned his front camera of his phone on so they could see each other pose. Jay put his fingers up in a peace sign while showing his perfect smile and Melanie leaned her head toward him, winking as one side of her lips lifted up into a closed smile.
 
Melanie picked up her phone and went to her self-shooting camera. “One more.”
 
She and Jay posed once more but what he didn’t see was her moving her ice cream toward his face as she put it on his nose. With his mouth open and eyes squinted shut, Melanie stuck out her tongue as she snapped the picture.
 
“You did not just do that.”