It's Just a Feeling

Lips That Need No Introduction.
 
Chapter 1
It's Just a Feeling

 

 

“Let’s run through ‘I Need a Girl’ one last time. Get it right, get it perfect and we can call it a night,” Shaun Evaristo called out.

Shaun pointed the remote in his hand toward a speaker system in the room, pressing the play button, letting the beginning of the song reverberate throughout the mirrored dance room. Melanie stood by the other dancers waiting for her cue as Taeyang spoke the beginning adlib that G-Dragon had in the recorded version of the song before he walked toward her holding his arm out as she linked her to his upper arm, her hand grabbing his shoulder as they both stepped out together and began the choreographed dance.

saenggak eobtneun maltu
eorin aedeul malgu nal gamssaanajul
simsimhal ddae gakkeum noneun yeoja malgu
naman saranghaejul

[One that speaks without thinking
Not a little child, but one that will embrace me
Not a girl that plays around sometimes when she’s bored
But one that will only love me]


Taeyang had on a headset microphone to practice singing as he danced together with Melanie.

gamanisseodo namjanomdeul jeonhwagil naemiljiman
jarangseureobge nae sajineul ggeonaeboineun geureon Girl

[Even if she stays still and guys hand her their phone
That kind of girl that will proudly take out and show my picture]


Taeyang bent down and lightly trickled his fingers up her stomach and before he reached her chest, Melanie put her hands on top of his and pushed them down and away. The song was one that put her at ease but she still focused on making it through the routine with him without any mistakes.

Girl…I need a girl,” Taeyang sang as the music began to fade out.


“Good job,” Yang Hyun Suk said. “You’ve worked hard enough for tonight.”

Melanie was so into their practice that she didn’t even notice him enter the room. Taeyang, Melanie, and everyone else in the dance studio bowed in greeting the president of the company who just dismissed them from practice with his statement.

Taeyang was scheduled to do a performance the next day for Music Bank. YG and Taeyang made the decision that it would be best to do a medley of three of Taeyang’s songs from his solo album. This was their last practice session they could get in before the performance and Melanie was only dancing with Taeyang for two out of the three songs. With President Hyun Suk in the room to watch, he looked over their short performance for “You’re My” and declared it satisfactory, giving only one correction to one part of their dance a more natural feel.

“Thank you for your hard work,” Taeyang said to all of the dancers in the studio.

Many of the dancers began to leave out, already done with stretching their muscles since the correction was only for Melanie and Taeyang. Even Shaun and YG left while discussing something about 2NE1’s new routine. Melanie looked at the analog clock hanging on wall on the opposite side of the room that contained no mirrors seeing that it had already been a few minutes past one-thirty in the morning. They had to meet at the studio where Music Bank was held at noon while their performance didn’t start until about 3pm. Sleep was actively calling Melanie’s name but she fought against it, sitting on the floor and stretching her muscles.

“I can you to your apartment, Mel,” Taeyang said.

“Taeyang, you really don’t have to. I can get there by myself,” Melanie assured.

“Yah, I told you to use banmal with me and to call me by my name. I know you can get there by yourself but I want to take you,” he grinned, showing her his eye smile.

Taeyang held his hand out toward her and as she grabbed it, he pulled her up with more strength than needed just to have her stumble into his chest. He wrapped his arm around Melanie’s back to steady her balance and when he let go he could feel his cheeks begin to burn as he blushed.

“Never knew you liked being that close to me,” he smirked, playfully.

“Shut up, Youngbae,” Melanie said sticking her tongue out at him.

Despite his flushed face, Youngbae leaned forward biting his teeth at her cute display of mehrong. Taeyang was known for his innocence seeing as he was the only member in Big Bang who had never dated. Now that he was an idol, he didn’t want a relationship with someone to disrupt his work, until he met Melanie. Something about his dancer had caught his attention ever since Hyun Suk introduced them to each other.

Melanie could feel the heat building up on her cheeks and before he could see her blushing she went to grab their belongings from one of the benches in the room. When she turned around she saw Youngbae waiting for her by the door and she lightly jogged over to meet him. Youngbae let her go through the door first as he turned off the lights in the practice room. They made their way down the hall toward the elevator, Youngbae initiating a light conversation with her.

“The guys wanted me to invite you to hang out with us on Saturday,” Youngbae stated casually.

Melanie bit her bottom lip. “I already told Jaebeom oppa that I’d spend time with him on Saturday.”

“Oh, okay. Don’t spend time with your loving oppa’s and dongsaeng,” Youngbae pouted.

“Mianhae, Youngbae. I know I haven’t spent time you with guys in a while but Jay oppa promised me ice cream.”

They had already made it out of the building and were in the parking garage walking toward Youngbae’s SUV.

“Alright, but you have to come see Seungri soon. It’s annoying to hear him talk about how much he misses his noona,” Youngbae said.

“Are you sure it’s Seungri saying that and not you, Taeyangie?” Melanie smirked, as she saw his nose twitch in irritation at the nickname.

They were walking side by side when Youngbae grabbed her waist and pulled her to him for a side hug. “Considering you’re not my noona, of course I wouldn’t say that. But I have missed seeing you outside of work as well. You’re good company.”

Melanie looked up to his face, thankful that he was staring forward guiding her to the passenger seat of the car he borrowed from his manager. Youngbae had a nervous smile on face and as quickly as he hugged Melanie, he let her go as he rubbed the back of his neck due to feeling embarrassed by his actions. He moved without thinking, letting his feelings operate his motions.

There was an obvious attraction between them that anyone who knew them could point out but neither knew how to approach the other effectively without jeopardizing their friendship or work relationship. Taeyang had the perfect date set up for him to confess his feelings toward Melanie, the only problem was finding the right time and right moment to ask her.
 

 

 

 

 

Well, hello lovely readers who’ve taken the time to read my first AFF fanfic!
I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. I’m still learning a lot about the Korean culture and K-Pop music
So if there is any information that needs to be corrected don’t hesitate to tell me!
Constructive criticism and comments are always welcome! 
 SynFic