Because of his confession

I'm gonna live in UKISS' dorm?!?

Kevin’s POV

As soon as I opened my eyes, I felt the pain of the hangover from last night.

 

Jeez, I shouldn’t have got drunk that much…

 

Why did I act dumb, yesterday? Oh, right, because of that Chunji guy…

 

I repeatedly smacked my head, obviously trying to ease the headache, even though I knew it wouldn’t make things better. It will just hurt more.

 

“Why are you hitting yourself?”

 

I looked up and saw Kyuri making her way towards my bed, while laughing at my silliness.

 

“N-Nothing..” I stuttered.

 

Everything that happened after seemed playing in a slow motion. She took my hand and smiled at me, before handing me a cup.

 

“When you’re done drinking this, take a shower. So you’ll feel a little better.” She said and I just nodded.

 

“Call me when you’re done~ Let’s have breakfast together, okay?” she waved and left the room, not waiting for my answer.

 

How sweet of her…

But I really feel like something happened yesterday…

Did I do something stupid?

 

I tried to remember the happenings last night, while sipping my coffee.

 

“Who is Chunji…for you?”

“What?”

“I…”

“You… are drunk..I know that..so you should just let go of me and I’ll convince the others so we can go home already..”

“I like you…”

 

NO.

 I..I didn’t dare to say that, right?!

I didn’t..

I didn’t..

I didn’t tell Kyuri that I like her..right?!

“Calm down Kevin…breathe in…breathe out..” I tried to relax myself but I couldn’t.

I really…confessed to her?

 

Author’s POV

“Ah! I forgot to tell him his schedule for tomorrow!” Kyuri muttered to herself, remembering the reason she went inside Kevin’s room.

 

Her hand was on the doorknob, but she was hesitating whether she should open it or not.

 

“I like you…”

 

His words kept echoing inside her mind, “Stop talking to Chunji…You’re making me..insecure and..jealous..”

 

She shook her head, trying hard to stop thinking of it.

 

‘He was drunk..he doesn’t even remember saying those things…it’s not true..’ she thought to herself, trying to stop feeling uneasy.

 

“Stop blushing babo!” she whispered to herself, touching her hot cheeks.

 

She was about to turn the doorknob, but someone called her. It was Chunji.

 

“Kyuri-yah~” He smiled and hugged her

 

“Chunji? What are you doing here?” She asked, breaking the hug.

 

“I was visiting you~” he cooly answered

 

“How did you know…our hotel?”

 

“Kibum hyung told me” he shrugged

 

“Oh..” she awkwardly laughed and rubbed the back of her neck.

 

“Did you have breakfast anyways?” He took her hand.

 

He didn’t actually gave her time to answer, as he dragged her down to the hotel’s restaurant.

 

“Yah Lee Chunji! Don’t you know that this is rude?! Let people answer before you drag them somewhere at places--”

 

“Yah Kim Kyuri, don’t you know it’s rude to yell at people older than you?” He mocked her.

 

“Aish..” she rolled her eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Aren’t you happy to see me again?”

 

His question surprised her, she didn’t expect him to ask her that. She stopped eating and looked at him.

 

“Of course I am…why wouldn’t I be happy, to see my bestfriend again?” She weakly smiled at him.

 

“Kyuri-yah…remember that day when you left school without saying anything? And that was supposed to be..our last meeting?” he asked, looking down.

 

“Yeah, why?” She continued eating.

 

“That day…” he paused and looked back at her, “I was planning to confess to you and ask you to be my girlfriend.”

 

She was stunned. She opened but nothing came out. She was speechless. All the emotions she could feel came up, except for one: Love. Truth is, she always had a crush on him, ever since she became close friend with Chunji. But she was afraid that he didn’t like her back, and that her foolish action could be the end of their great friendship. She thought it wasn’t worth it, so she stopped herself.

Now that he confessed to her, why wasn’t she feeling happy about it?

 

She knew it was wrong, but why did she think of Kevin when Chunji is the one standing in front of her? Why did she want Kevin, the one confessing to her?

 

The answer was one: She has fallen in love with Kevin.

 

“Kyuri…” Chunji called her attention

 

“W-what is it?” She asked looking at him

 

“What if,” he held her hand “I ask you to be my girlfriend? Right now? Would you accept me..or..”

 

“Chunji, when we met at school before the graduation…you didn’t even recognize me…”

 

She was afraid to hurt him, but she had to.

 

“To be honest…I really liked you…I just stopped liking you when…” she looked down

 

“When..” he repeated, waiting for her to continue.

 

‘When I met Kevin..’ she thought to herself.

 

“I’m sorry Chunji..” that was all she could say.

 

 

“Omo!” She turned her head and saw two people taking some stuffs from the floor.

 

“I’m sorry miss!”

 

That voice sounded familiar to her…

“SoHee?” She muttered to herself

 

Kyuri stood up and ran to her long-time-no-see friend to hug her, but she stopped when she realized who was the guy she was talking to. It was Kevin.

 

Kevin’s POV

-20 minutes before-

“Hyungggg please help me! I beg you!” I whined at Kibum hyung, trying to convince him.

 

“So, you’re saying that you confessed to Kyuri last night…and now you don’t know what to do?” I nodded.

 

“You…want my help?” I nodded again.

 

“Give me a valid reason why I should waste my time and help you.” He smirked, crossing his arms.

 

I hate it when Kibum hyung acts all cool and ‘mean’. He likes acting like that. I tell you, he likes bullying me. It’s one of his hobbies.

 

“Uhm, because…you’re nice?” I smiled cutely

 

“I’m not nice.”

 

“Because Kyuri’s your sister and you don’t want her to be taken by a guy who will make her cry?” I quickly said and he looked at me.

 

“And you think, I’ll let you become my sister’s boyfriend? Kevin, find someone else.” He said, laying on his bed.

 

That was it. I won’t allow him to say those things just because he’s Kyuri’s sister or, because he’s my bestfriend. And I’ll let him know that I’m not playing around. I’m not the type of guy to play with a girl’s heart. I know how hard it is when a girl gets fooled by a player. I didn’t like it when I saw my sister crying all-night because of her stupid boyfriend…

 

“Hyung, I really like your sister. I understand that you’re being over-protective with her because she’s your sister. But, I know that feeling…I don’t like it when someone plays with my sister’s heart. I promise you, I won’t make Kyuri shed a tear because of me. Just help me this once…”

 

He smiled and nodded, “You look really serious about Kyuri, I’ll help you.”

 

He pat my shoulder, “Thanks Kibum hyung” I smiled back.

 

“Chunji likes her too.”

 

“I know..that’s why I’m asking you to help me…” I sighed

 

“He was my sister’s classmate since high school…” He crossed his arms, “Kyuri has a crush on him ever since.”

 

“Wh-what?”

 

My jaws were about to fall.

 

I knew that there was something between them..but I didn’t know that Kyuri actually had a crush on Chunji…

 

I laid on Kibum hyung’s bed, “Now I don’t have any chances then?” I buried my face on his pillow.

 

He smacked my head “How can you say you’re serious if you’re already giving up after knowing that she used to like him?”

 

I sat up, “You’re right! I shouldn’t give up! You said that she used to have a crush on him, right? So she might not like him anymore~ besides, it’s been years since they’ve been classmates.”

 

He shook his head, “Now go away before I kick you out of here. You’re becoming annoying Kevin-ah”

 

I smiled and hugged him, “Thanks hyung~ Where’s Kyuri anyways?”

 

His famous smirk came back on his face, “Out with Chunji~” He chuckled, ruffling my hair.

 

“Hyung~ stop joking!” I pouted

 

“Ask her where she is then…”

 

 

I quickly dialed her phone and waited for her to pick it up.

Why is she taking so long?

 

“Hello?”

 

Finally!

 

“Kyuri-yah~ where are you? Sorry for taking so long…I’m at Kibum hyung’s room…So are we going to have that  breakfast together?”

 

“Of course…I’m at the hotel’s restaurant..come down here oppa~”

 

“Nee~ I’m coming”

 

I hung up and quickly left the room, making my way downstairs. But because of my rush, I bumped into someone.

 

“Omo! I’m sorry miss!” I apologized, helping her take her things that had fallen down.

 

“Thank you..” she weakly said and when she looked at me, she widened her eyes.

 

“Are you okay miss--”

 

“SoHee…” That was when I noticed that Kyuri was standing behind the girl.

 

The girl smiled and hugged her tight, “Kyuri-yah!”

 

“I didn’t know you were here in Jeju…” Kyuri muttered.

 

She was referring to the girl, but she was glaring at me.

 

“This is Park SoHee, my best friend…SoHee, this is Chunji, my high school classmate and..” she turned to me “I don’t think I need to tell you who is he…”

 

“Nice to meet you Kevin-ssi and Chunji-ssi!” She chuckled, while bowing at us.

 

“Let’s be good friends!” She added and I nodded.

 

“Why don’t we take a walk together?” SoHee suggested and we agreed.

---------------------------

Author’s POV

Chunji and Kevin were walking behind the two girls. SoHee linked her arms with Kyuri’s and hugged her.

 

“Yah! Stop that!” Kyuri pushed her away “Why are you here anyways?” She smiled

 

“Dad’s business~” SoHee answered

 

“So you’re working here?”

 

“Hm” She nodded “So..you’re living with UKISS guys?”

 

Kyuri couldn’t help but blush, she nods.

 

“And…do you like someone?” SoHee whispered, making her blush harder.

 

Kyuri didn’t answer, her answer was obvious.

 

“I knew it!” SoHee laughed “But, you don’t like Kevin oppa right?”

 

“O-of course..not!” She tried to deny.

 

But she knew it was a lie. How couldn’t she fall for someone caring, nice and sweet?

 

SoHee smiled, “Let’s take a look at that place!” She dragged her along as Kyuri just nodded at her.

 

‘How am I going to tell her that I DO like him? Plus..Chunji isn’t making things easier..’ She sighed.