Tropical Thunderstorm

Hello, Guy I'm Not Dating

 

You’re trundling down the stairs when you bang into someone.

 

Taejun blinks up at you.

You wave a little awkwardly.

Jiho had shoved you out the door in his clothes, telling you to “go and get the mail” and so that is precisely what you are doing—getting the mail for your lazy- brother that wouldn’t move his if his life depended on it.

“S-Sohee?” he says, looking confused, eyes sweeping you up and down. “Why are you…?”

You’re about to bow your head in shame and tell him everything when you spot two more people behind him.

One is the prettiest girl you’ve ever seen, and the other is another ridiculously good looking guy.

Seriously, everyone here is good looking.

You feel slightly ashamed of yourself.

“Uh, I’m…a guy.” You say lamely.

Taejun looks extremely surprised.

“I’m Minyoung,” the pretty girl says, smiling so radiantly you start to question your uality.

“Uh…hi.” You say. It’s very awkward, because Taejun is still staring at you.

“I’m Suho.” The guy standing behind Taejun raises his hand.

“Ah—EXO—” you say before you can stop yourself.

Suho blinks at you.

“You know who I am?”

“Uh, yeah, uh…my girlfriend…big fan, she’s a big fan.” You babble.

Suho seems satisfied with that, muttering “No one can resist me” under his breath.

You resist the urge to smack him on the head.

“I’ll see you guys around, I, uh, gotta go…to the mailbox.” You gesture vaguely down the stairs and then rush off before anyone can stop you.

 

That was close.

 

                                  ___

 

 

You get the mail (it’s not really mail, it’s newspaper. Your brother is such a liar) and walk back up the stairs.

There’s an elevator, but you don’t use it, because who knows, you could bump into Baekhyun.

And so, because your luck is amazing, you bump into someone on your way up.

Toppling backwards, you scream and reach out and grab whatever you can.

It happens to be the person’s neck.

“Woah—” the person exclaims, and then you’re both falling and you bang your knee really hard as you’re rolling down the stairs.

You let out a yell every time you go down a step.

“Are you okay?” the person asks once you both stop at the bottom of the stairs, panting and wincing.

“Uh, do I look like I’m—” you start to say irritably, feeling for your beanie.

Oh crap, it’s gone.

You look up.

Taejun is staring anxiously into your eyes.

Oh thank the mother of cheese and rice it’s only Taejun

“—I meant, yeah, I’m fine.” You try to smile.

Taejun chuckles a little, still looking worried. “You have to be more careful, okay? Does it hurt anywhere?” he smoothes your hair back from your forehead.

asdfghjkl;

 

You scramble backwards and onto your feet like he has some type of disease.

“Yeah, I will, and no, I’m fine.” You say rapidly, feeling your cheeks flush. Picking the beanie off the ground and stuffing your hair into it again, you bow slightly, too embarrassed to look him in the eyes.

“I’d better get this to…yeah.” You cough, wave the newspaper at him and start running up the stairs because your heart is going badump badump badump and you don’t want him to hear it.

 

Reaching the top of the flight, you look back down at Taejun. He’s still sitting on the ground, staring out the door with a slightly forlorn expression on his face.

 

You feel immensely guilty.

 

                                    ___

 

 

“Maybe I should just cut my hair short,” you mumble to Hweji after you run into a member of EXO for the 5th time.

“Hey, that’s not a bad idea.” Hweji agrees enthusiastically.

You stare at her.

“I was only kidding. I don’t want to dress up as a guy anymore.”

“But you kinda have to.”

“No I don’t.” you stare at her.

“Uh, yeah, you do.”

“No I don’t.”

“Sohee, do you have any idea how weird it’ll be if you rock up to EXO right now and be like hey guess what? Surprise! I’m actually a girl.”

“It’s better than staying as a guy.”

“No it’s not.” Jiho butts in.

You shove him. “Get out of private conversations.”

“It’s not very private if you’re sitting in the middle of my living room.” He raises an eyebrow.

Leave.”

He shuffles off into his bedroom.

“I don’t want to be a guy anymore. Guys are smelly and dirty and they’re rude, and disrespectful, and—” you complain, but you’re cut off by Jiho, who yells “Hey!” from his bedroom.

Hweji shakes her head.“See, the point is to become good friends with EXO so you become famous.”

“But I don’t want to be famous.”

Hweji scowls. “I will cut your hair for you.”

Leave my hair alone.

Hweji snarls and pounces on you.

Hweji, you’re savage!

 

All you get is a snarl.

Maybe you should send Hweji’s hair sample to a lab to see if she’s part animal.

 

 

                                  ___

 

 

You’re cooking when you hear the door open.

Whirling around, you catch a glimpse of brown hair and porcelain skin, but a glance was all you needed before you dive and roll behind the couch.

“Jiho?” Baekhyun’s voice calls.

You curse to yourself.

Lovely.

Baekhyun thinks you’re a guy, and you’re dressed in a fluffy little pink skirt with a frilly white apron.

You’re lucky if he doesn’t mistake you for a transual.

“Hello?” Baekhyun calls again.

Silence.

 

Then you hear footsteps coming towards you.

“I can see you, you’re behind the couch.” Baekhyun’s irritable voice floats towards you and you have a mental heart attack.

“W-wait! Don’t come over here!” you yell.

“Sohee?” Baekhyun sounds confused.

You can’t see anything from behind the couch, and you don’t want to peek over, in case he sees your hair.

Or your outfit, which would be worse.

You wonder how he remembers your name—after all, you’ve only met once. Twice, if you count the time when he kissed you.

“Uh, yeah, it’s me—” you break off as his footsteps start approaching again “Hey! No, back away, back away. Slowly…”

“Why?”

“Because—uh, you see…I…” you scramble for something intelligent to say. “I—I’m !”

Silence.

“What?”

“So, uh, yeah, if you could just…leave now, that would be greatly appreciated.”

Silence again.

Then you hear the door close.

 

Breathing a sigh of relief, you crawl out from behind the couch again.

“That was really close,” you mumble.

Then you smell something that definitely does not smell like food.

“Oh, crap.”

Sprinting towards the kitchen, you spy something that does not belong.

 

This is not good.

 

You’re standing there staring at the flame up the sides of the curtains because you don’t know what to do, but then with a loud “Click” something above your head starts whirring.

You look up.

It’s a sprinkler.

You scream as the cold water hits you.

Slipping, scrambling and trying to get out of the torrential rain inside the kitchen, you fail to notice your brother at the door gaping at you with his mouth open.

The tropical thunderstorm stops.

“What are you doing?” Jiho asks.

You jump a little.

“Oh, hey.” Smiling weakly, you wave.

“What happened?” Jiho looks like he’s about to cry.

“You see…I, uh, washed your kitchen for you.” You shrug a little, standing in the middle of the flooded kitchen.

 

Well, at least now you won’t need a bath.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

it was baby baekhyun's birthday yesterday ;AA;

happy birthday baekonnnn.

to celebrate, i wrote a drabble. you guys will read and comment, yeah? c:

Insufficient

 

subscribe and comment, you loverly peopleeee. <3

thankies c;