Chapter 3: Anti-Fans and Saseng Fans

The Life Of A Korean Singer {HIATUS}

 

February 3rd 2012

7:00 AM

I’m currently in my label’s van with the other T-ARA members. Most of the members are sleeping but I’m thinking. I’m thinking about my career as a singer. It’s not what it’s cracked up to be. The more you become famous the more you fans, which is great but what isn’t, is the anti-fans and stalker fans that can scare you to death sometimes. Seriously, they’re no joke.

-HyominJiyeon said to me while waking up.

-Yes, Jiyeon? I responded.

-Why are you so serious? She asked worriedly.

-It’s nothing. I was just lost in my thoughts. I reassured her. Sleep there’s still half an hour left before we arrive. You finished filming for that TV show really late, you must be exhausted. I told her.

-It’s alright, I’m used to not sleeping a lot and after all it’s already been 3 years since we’ve debuted. She replied. But are you sure you’re alright? You seem frustrated and sad. She asked still worried.

-Yes, I’m sure. I said softly.

-Where are we going? I forgot. She asked with a lost expression.

-We’re going to rehearse at the company’s building.

-Yeah, I remember now, thanks. Are we going to eat there? I’m so hungry, it’s a miracle I didn’t faint yet.

-Probably a little, since we’re going to exercise. I answered.

 

Approximately 20 minutes later, at Core Contents Media’s building.

-Hey Hyomin! Someone shouted. Here’s some fan mail and gifts.

- Thanks Jungshin. I bowed to the mailer, took the fan’s presents and left.

I was really happy. I absolutely love reading my fans’ letters, they’re just so nice!

-I’m so jealous of you, Hyomin! Soyeon told me. You always receive the most fan mail!

-You’re going to share if they gave you food, right? Asked Jiyeon who was hungry.

-Of course! I exclaimed. Do you think I’m selfish?

-That’s not what I wanted to say… She said cutely waiting for forgiveness. Just open the gifts already! She said impatiently.

My pink lips curved into a wide smile. I chose to open the first box. It was wrapped in a beautiful golden wrap with stars on it. When I opened it, almost 100 cockroaches came out!

-What the heck is this?!?! Eunjung screamed in surprise while the other members just stared in disgust and disbelief.

One word came to my mind; anti-fans. I told you they were scary but I never knew they would do something like this. What have I done to deserve that? It beats me.

Then I saw a golden envelope at the bottom of the box. I took it with my shaking hands. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to read it.

-Are you sure? Asked Hwayoung. I wouldn’t touch it with a ten-foot pole.

I hesitated. I touched the enveloped with my thin fingers. I took a crack at it. Bad idea. My eyes quickly filled up with warm tears. I couldn’t believe it; they sent me death threats.

The girls gathered around me and read the letter. I just stood there, unable to believe it. I heard gasps and whispers. My tears were running freely on my cheeks and my eyes were red and swollen. The members gave me a big group hug and I cracked up. My knees became weak and I fell into their arms.

February 10th2012

Finally going back to our dorm! Hwayoung said excitedly but with a bit of tiredness in her voice.

-This week was so hectic that it felt like a whole month! Complained Jiyeon.

We finally reached the door of our dorm. I entered the key into the door knob, turned it and opened the large door.

The girls all ran excitedly to their respective bedrooms to change into their pajamas.

 

I entered my bedroom and found some clothes scattered on the floor. I didn’t think too much about it; it was probably one of the girls who stole a piece of clothing from my wardrobe. I quickly changed into my cute pajama and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

5 minutes later…

I’m searching for my toothbrush everywhere but I really can’t find it! Humph! I’m so annoyed, I asked all the members if they saw it but none did.

 

Suddenly, I thought about something; Stalker Fans. What if they got into the dorm and stole my things? It must be it! But before jumping on conclusions, I have to make sure it makes sense. I went into the living room and saw Boram sitting on the couch.

-Hey… I said. When I entered my room 10 minutes ago, there were clothes on the floor. Do you know who did that?

-It might be Jiyeon. She said uncertainly. You know how she is; messy and childish. What about your toothbrush? She asked curiously.

-It’s a mystery. May-maybe… St-stalker fans. I stuttered and half-whispered.

I was afraid she might think my idea was complete nonsense.

-You think it’s Stalker fans? It could be. Why don’t you ask the security guards for the hallway’s security camera’s tape? She said matter-of-factly.

-There are security cameras in the hallway? I asked surprised.

-Of course! You never saw them?? She asked while looking at me with her brown eyes wide open.

-No… I answered shyly while scratching the back of my neck.

-You’re so cute when you’re clueless. She chuckled while ruffling my silky brown hair. Now, stop worrying and just go to sleep. She said softly.

-But what about my teeth? I should wash them before going to bed. I said while pointing at my pearly white teeth.

-We have a spare toothbrush in the bathroom. She said in a motherly tone.

-Woah! I exclaimed. Even if you are the smallest amongst us you really are the oldest. I ; she has a complex about her height.

-“Thank you” would have been enough. She said, sulking.

-Thank you~~ I said cutely while hugging her.

She chuckled softly.

-My pleasure. Goodnight! She said with a gentle smile.

 

February 12th2012

3:00 PM

We just finished recording our music video for our new song that will be released next month and we’re currently walking towards our van to go to our next event. I yawned soundly making the rest of T-ARA laugh.

 

When we arrived in front of the van, we just stood there, completely shocked.

Jiyeon was crying loudly, it made my heart even more painful. Boram was trying to make her feel better; without success. Qri, Soyeon, and Eunjung were trying to wash the graffiti. Hwayoung was inside the van. I was looking at the van. The scribbles on it.  They called us mean names, swore and threatened us with their graffiti. Anger built up rapidly inside me. Those anti-fans get away with murder, that’s why they won’t stop doing things like this!

 

5 Minutes Later

Another van sent by the company arrived. We got in quickly and went to our event.

4:00 PM at Lotte World

-Ready? Boram asked us.

-Yes!! We replied all together.

-Then, let’s this stage, ours! She said with a big grin.

We went on stage and performed our summer hit: ¨Roly Poly¨. Our fans were chanting and dancing along. Then we carried on with our latest song: ¨Lovey Dovey¨ which is one of my favorite songs. Near the end of it, I was dancing like I usually do, when I saw a random man on the stage. He was walking towards me.

 

Everything happened so fast. The stranger grabbed my arm forcefully and dragged me towards the audience. But Qri saved me. She walked confidently towards the strange man and hit his arm. He pushed her violently but she came back and punched him in the face. It was quite surprising to see Qri like that because she’s usually shy and calm. But she was furious. She was also really scared but she didn’t show it at all. I was shaking and scared to death but she was firm.

 

February 16th2012

My celebrity life got better since the stage accident. My label’s CEO, Kim Kwang Soo, might have understood that it was dangerous because he hired more bodyguards. Our dorm is protected by a security system and our fan mail is checked by our bodyguards before giving it to us. I don’t regret those incidents that happened this past month because I appreciate my life a lot more now. Of course I’m still snowed under with work but this is what I chose to do in life. I’m grateful that I can do everyday what I love. Singing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! It's the autor of this story, Soo Min smiley

I hope you enjoy the story so far~~

This chapter is longer than the two before, I'm sorry if it's too long but I usually like long chapters, so the upcoming ones might be as long.

I'm sorry I didn't update for a long time, but  I was busy with school~~

I will update more often from now on and I will try to come up with better chapters.

Thanks for your support.

Please do subscribe and/or comment if you like my story or if you got constructive comments that will help me improve.

Thank You~~~

                Soo Min