Chapter 1 : Killer Schedule

The Life Of A Korean Singer {HIATUS}

August 5th2011

My name is Hyomin, I am a Korean singer. I am the leader and vocalist of the girl group T-ara. My schedule is really hectic today, like all the other days. I woke up at 5am to go to the hairdressing salon with my group mates. The hairdresser did my hair in a retro style since our new song, Roly Poly, is a fun disco-like song. After all the members hairs were done, we headed to the ¨Music Bank Studios¨. In the waiting room, all the members were sleeping because they were exhausted. But, I decided to visit other groups that were waiting too. I walked into MBLAQ’s waiting room. It was messy. There were clothes everywhere. They were all sleeping, except Joon, who was practicing their new song: Cry. He was gorgeous, his manly jaw, his soft brown hair, and his angelic smile were making my heart flutter.

-Hi. He said when he noticed me.

-Hi. I said shyly. I just wanted to relax before our performance.

-Are you nervous? He asked.

-Even if I debuted in late 2009, I still feel nervous when I go on stage. I try to do my best, but sometimes I feel it just isn’t enough.

-I’m sure everything is going to be alright. Your song is number 1 on various charts and your fans are supporting you.

-I know, but I’m just so tired!

-I understand but don’t worry; I know you can do it. Now, why don’t you go to your waiting room and sleep like all the others?

-I…Want to stay with you. I said.

He looked surprised by what I just said. It was now silent in the room. He finally smiled. Then someone came into the room to tell me that it was my turn to go on stage. I said bye to Joon and went to perform.

When the background music started playing, I started singing and dancing. I tried to keep up, but I felt dizzy. Everything around me started spinning and I couldn’t see clearly. I stopped dancing and looked Jiyeon but she didn’t notice me. I couldn’t bear it anymore. I fainted.

When I finally opened my eyes, only Jiyeon, Boram and my manager where by my side. The others probably had individual schedule.

-She woke up! Screamed Jiyeon.

-That’s great. Said my manager. How are you feeling? He asked.

-Fine. I answered coldly. Do I have to go to my schedule now?

-No, I canceled it for today. Just rest.

-Great, I should faint more often, so I could get more sleep.

I always wanted to be at my best, but with five hours of sleep per night, it was too difficult. When I see the other members so exhausted, it breaks my heart. At least some of us don’t have a lot of individual schedule, so they aren’t as exhausted as I am. I’m happy that I’m not a solo singer; at least I am not alone. Qri, Jiyeon, Hwayoung, Eunjung, Boram, Soyeon and I are like a family.

-Stop! You don’t want to be kicked out of the group, do you? Whispered Jiyeon.

-Yeah, you should. Said my manager while leaving the room.

-Why did you do that! Screamed Jiyeon.

-I can’t survive my schedule anymore with five hours of sleep per night!

-Hyomin is right, we have a vacation once in a blue moon. Said Boram.

-Anyway, I have a photo shoot for my upcoming movie. Said Jiyeon. I have to go, bye.

She grabbed her coat and left.

-Don’t worry, you know her, she’s always like that. Said Boram.

-I know, but she is the youngest and has the least hours of sleep! Last time, she fell asleep while we were rehearsing! She should understand. I complained.

Boram shrugged.

-She always bites off more than she can chew. She said. I have to go, please don’t think about all this and just rest. Goodbye.

She smiled and left too. I ate the disgusting food of the hospital and slept like a baby.