Chapter 2 : Jealousy

The Life Of A Korean Singer {HIATUS}

November 18th2011

Today is the day of my comeback. Since my last comeback, a lot of time passed by but I still remember it. That day, I fainted during my performance with the other T-ARA members but all of this is past. Today will be the best performance of my life; I have a good feeling about this. Just then, someone touched my shoulder lightly. I turned around and saw Sunny of Girls’ Generation. She was smiling brightly as always. She had shorter hair than mine but it was only a wig, otherwise she had brown long hair. Mine were short but the stylists added some extensions so I had two long wavy pigtails. It really fitted my oval shaped face and my pale skin.

 -Hey, Hyomin! I really like your new song, Lovey Dovey. She said positively. But I prefer the other song in your album, We Were In Love.

 -Thanks! I said gratefully. I like The Boys, your new song, too.

Her advice is really important to me because she has a lot more experience than me. She debuted in 2007 while I did in 2009. She’s also a good friend. Her group mate, Jessica, came sneakily behind her.

 -I don’t like your song. I think it’s too plain. I hope you’ll faint like last time. She said aggressively while looking at me in disgust.

She thought I would be sad because of her insults but she was completely wrong. It gave me determination. Now I have to do even better, I have to show her that I’m the best.

A few seconds later, I was on stage giving the best performance of my entire life. There were a lot of lights since the stage was like a club. It was a little bit hard to dance since the stage was slippery but I really enjoyed being on stage, dancing and singing in front of my fans that were singing along and screaming our names. It really was energizing, even though the performance itself was exhausting. I got off the stage. It was Girls’ Generation’s turn to perform.

Then, the members and I went to a restaurant to celebrate our successful comeback. We were still in our stage outfits and the reporters were asking questions and taking pictures. Honestly, I really wanted them to leave. I just wanted to enjoy the lunch.

Finally, we all returned to our dorm. But soon, out of the 7 members, just Qri and I were there. The others left for individual schedule. Qri and I were good friends but these days she was really distant and didn’t talk much. So I decided to talk to her.

-Hey... Why are you so distant? I asked her directly.

-I feel like I was stabbed in the back.

-Why? I asked in surprise.

-Because of the song! I barely sing! I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel while you have almost half of the song for yourself.

-I know and I’m sorry about that but I can’t do anything about it! You know it’s not my fault.

-I know but I’m still pissed off.

-Please, don’t be mad. I said pitifully.

She turned around coldly and left the dorm without a single word.