Chapter 3

Dancing Love

Kim Min Ah POV

                Groggily, I woke up, yawning as I did so. It took me a second to get my bearings. I was SO NOT a morning person. If someone tried to wake me up, I would probably be punching and kicking them until they left me alone.

                Wait… I was supposed to wake up early to get my CD!! What time was it?! I frantically looked around the room until my gaze fell on my alarm clock

11:30

                @$^$#%% Dang it!  I was supposed to wake up earlier than this. I was thinking around 8 or 9. Not 11:30-____-. It doesn’t matter now anyway. Can’t turn back time now.

                I hurriedly rushed into my bathroom and took what seemed like a thirty-second shower. I then sprinted out of the room and quickly put on a navy blue tank top and white shorts. I ran out of the house and grabbed a piece of toast on the table.

                “Bye, mom! I’ll be back later!” I quickly ran out of the house, slamming the door as I did so. Not bothering to hear my mom’s response, I began sprinting to the dance studio.

                I REALLY REALLY hope the CD is still there… I bit my lip worriedly. Once the dance studio came into sight, I pushed myself even harder and ran into the studio. I saw a janitor sweeping near the main door and I approached him. I was panting from sprinting all the way from my house to the studio. Probably sweating too. Great…

                “Excuse…me…ahjussi.” I huffed, trying to get my breath back. “But, did you see a CD with the name Kim Min Ah on it?” I said, anxiously looking at him.

                He paused sweeping for a second, considering. “No, I’m sorry.” He said with an apologetic smile on his face. “Perhaps someone else picked it up.”

                “Oh…I see.” A wave of disappointment crashing over me.

                “Sorry I couldn’t help.” He truly did look sincerely sorry.

                “That’s alright.” I forced a smile on my face. “It’s not your fault.” I slowly walked away from him, wondering where the CD could’ve gone. Maybe I left it in the studio. It’s a long shot, but it might be there. My hope lifting, I began walking to the studio where I practiced every day. As I approached the room, I could hear the familiar pounding of the music pulsing throughout the hallway. Frowning, I wondered who could’ve been inside the studio. No one else practiced there except for me. For the past five years I’ve been there, no one went inside that dance studio except for me. I don’t know why, but it gives me more privacy, so who am I to argue with it.

                Curious, I peeked through the door and saw the boy I bumped into yesterday. He was actually really handsome now that I think about it… No! Don’t start thinking that! Blushing, I shook those thoughts from my head and looked at him again. Whoa… he was an AMAZING dancer. I wasn’t familiar with the music but he moved to it as if it was controlling him. Every movement flowed with the beat and was extremely coordinated. His eyes were closed, letting his body do all the work for him.

                Before I knew it, the music ended and the boy opened his eyes. I quickly went to leave, but not before he saw me.

                “Hey! Who’s there?” He began approaching the door and I began to panic.

                “Um…well…uh…I… was just trying to…” I began to say, fumbling over my words.

                “What, you were watching me?” He cockily grinned. “You don’t have to explain. I know I’m good.”

                My eyes narrowed. I HATED arrogant guys. More than you can imagine. They think they’re all that when they really aren’t. He’s talented I’ll give him that, but that gives him no right to be in MY dance studio.

                “Yeah , right.” I scoffed. “I’ve seen little kids dance better than you.”

                His eyes twinkled mischievously. “Sure…” He winked.

                I blushed furiously. He was really handsome… noo stop thinking that!

                “Who are you?” I demanded. “And what are you doing in my dance studio?”

                “Your dance studio?” He mockingly said. I don’t see your name anywhere.” He smirked again. What was with that smirk?! I swear he’s trying to annoy me on purpose… I was drawn out of my thoughts when he spoke again.

                “Kim Jong In. But most people call me Kai.” He smirked. Again with that smirk?! Is it permanently plastered on his face or something?-____-

                “Well, Kai.” I made sure to emphasize his name,”You’re not supposed to be here.” I narrowed my eyes.

                “Why not? I thought you could rent studios here.” He cockily smirked again. I really wish I could punch him in the face. That smirk was really annoying me.

                “You can, but NOT THIS STUDIO.

                “Why not?” He widened his eyes innocently.

                “…You should really stop trying to act innocent. That’s just creepy.”

                He started smirking again. “Well, this isn’t your studio as much as you claim it to be. You say it’s yours but it’s not. I’m guessing no one but you has been here in a long time and now you’re just used to have this studio all by yourself? Am I right or am I right?” He mockingly said.

                I flushed in anger. He was right but he didn’t have to point it out. I huffed.

                “Well, you have something that belongs to me. You can’t say that isn’t mine can you?” Saying that, I knew I was admitting defeat about the dance studio, but I just really wanted my CD back.

                “What? Your CD? I’ll gladly give it to you.” He smiled.

                “Great!” I chirped, clearly relieved.

                “…If you win our dance battle.” He finished.

                I was too busy thinking about the CD that I almost missed what he said.

                “Wait… what? Why?!? I just want my CD back” I began to whine. I know I sound like a child, but I didn’t care.

                “Dance battle” He emphasized. “Or else…” He went over to his bag and took out my CD, “You won’t get this back.”

                My eyes narrowed. “Give me that!” I cried out. I lunged for it, but he side stepped and I missed. I pouted.

                “Fine.” I relented. “A dance battle. And if you lose?”

                “Well, I highly doubt it, but if I lose… Hmm... Let’s see. If I lose… I’ll leave this dance studio for good.”

                “Really?” I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

                “Really.” Kai grinned.

                “Fine. What song are we dancing to?” I grimaced.

                He walked over to his CD player and began going through the music. “Hmm… what about Bobby Valentino’s Anonymous?”

                I shrugged. “Sure, why not?”

PLAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF-p-HTx8eM

                The music began pouring from the speakers and it seemed as something inside him changed. The mischievous gleam always present in his eyes faded and his smirk disappeared. In its place was a look of intense concentration and passion.

                Awestruck , I watched as he seemingly glided across the dance floor. He began popping and locking, adding a few ballet steps too. Without realizing it, he made his moves seem unintentionally seductive. I snapped out of it when he stopped and expectantly waited to see what I was going to do.

                I began to move to the music and it seemed to reach into the deepest parts of my soul. I opened my eyes when I felt another presence invade my personal space. I opened my mouth to yell at him, but faltered when I saw the intense gaze he was giving me. He began to dance with me, each move he made coordinating exactly with mine. I can’t explain it, but it seems as if we had danced with each other for years. Each move I made, he rebuffed it and made it his own and vice versa.

                “He was right.” I sulkily thought. “He is good. No… he’s AMAZING.”

                We continued to dance like this for a while, getting lost in the music.

                The music soon stopped and I opened my eyes again. I was startlingly close with Kai, his body only centimeters away from mine.

                I didn’t realize his hands were on my hips and he pulled me even closer, his eyes blazing. I gasped, unsure of what to do.

                “W-what are you doing?” I stuttered, mentally kicking myself when I heard the stutter in my voice. I tried to back away, but his grip was too tight.

                My eyes widened even bigger when he began leaning towards me… Eotteoke?? What do I do?!

Kai POV

What am I doing?! Why am I leaning towards her??

 I couldn’t help it. My body seemed to have a mind of its own. Just… after seeing her dance… the way she moved… it was so different from anything I’ve ever seen before. Her face was coming even closer and I felt my eyes begin to close.

Kim Min Ah POV

“Etteoke?? What am I going to do? He’s not going to kiss me, is he? He is!! His eyes are closed.” I mentally wailed in my mind.

 Against my will, I felt my own eyes closing and slowly the heat from his lips was almost on mine.

Cliffhanger!!

Review if you want me to update^.^

Saranghaeyo<3