Mystery Man

Dancing Love

 

                I walked into the studio and it seemed as if everything clicked into place. I loved dancing. Fondly I smiled and remembered when my appa took me to my first hip hop lesson. That was the day that everything changed. Dancing became my life. My father loved it too. That is why I continue to dance. To keep his memory alive.

                I quickly shook the depressing thoughts from my mind and withdrew the remote from my pocket. I pressed the play button and instantly a hard hitting Spanish track was blasting through the speakers.

                I closed my eyes and let the music flow through me. Unconsciously, I began to lock and pop as the music swirled throughout the room. I could spend hours dancing. I saw it as an escape from the real world. An escape from all my troubles and worries. Different tracks came on and the time flew. I don’t know how I come up with the choreography. It’s as if the music speaks to me, cheesy as it sounds.

The last song on the CD rang its final note and I opened my eyes. I was panting, as expected from several hours of dancing. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel tired. Dancing only made me feel more energized. It was as if I gained all my energy back. Quickly, I glanced at the time and my eyes widened.

8:00

Dang it! I was late for work. Quickly, I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. I can’t be late! My manager will kill me if I’m late again. I quickly ran out the door, stuffing my CD in my bag as I did so. Immediately, I crashed into this guy and we both fell to the floor.

                “Mianhae!” I immediately bowed. I then ran out the door. Good thing the café I worked at wasn’t far from here…

Mystery Guy POV

                “Wait! You forgot your CD…”I trailed off, as the blonde girl disappeared around the corner. I shook my head. Aishh…she’s so clumsy. How can she forget her CD? Oh well, I’ll see her soon. Especially, since I’ll be coming to this dance studio every day. I’ll see you soon…Kim Min Ah,  grinning as I glanced down at the sparkly CD case inscribed with her name on it.