Chapter 2

Dancing Love

 

Kim Min Ah POV

                As I sprinted around the corner, I saw from the corner of my eye the guy I bumped into was still staring at me.

                Why is he staring? I apologized for bumping into him…

                Quickly, I shook that thought from my mind and skidded into the café. My boss was standing near the door, tapping her feet. I glanced at the time and saw that it was 8:05. Five minutes isn’t so bad right…? I didn’t exactly look professional as I was still in my shorts and tank top from dancing. A guy wolf-whistled when I walked in and I felt my face turning bright red. I caught a sight of myself in the mirror and grimaced. My hair was a mess too. I was then taken out of my thoughts when my boss began speaking to me.

                “Min Ah…this is the 7th time you’ve been late,” she gave me a disapproving gaze. “I don’t know what to do with you,” she shook her head.

                “Mianhae!” I said, quickly bowing 90 degrees to show how sorry I was. “I just got caught up in dancing and I forgot the time and I didn’t realize it was 8 o’clock…” I continued, rushing to explain everything, hoping she wouldn’t fire me. Tears sprang to my eyes. I couldn’t lose this job. I just couldn’t.

 This was the only way I could help my family and no other store or café around here would hire a teenage girl. Ever since dad… No! I can’t start thinking about that again. It won’t do any good thinking about the past.

                Minyoung’s face softened when she saw my tears. She honestly could be really harsh sometimes but she means the best. She was one of the few people that I trusted and truly understood me. She quickly ushered me into the back where there weren’t any customers.  Her anger dissipated and leant against the wall, her knee leaning on one of the storage boxes.

                “You thought of your father again didn’t you?” She whispered.

                I avoided her gaze and merely nodded.

                “Oh sweetie, I’m sorry.” She pulled me into a hug. “Trust me. It’ll get better. You know what they say. Time heals all wounds.” She smiled reassuringly.

                I didn’t want to talk about this anymore so I decided to change the subject. It just brought up painful memories. Memories I didn’t want to talk about just yet.

                “I’m going to change into my uniform. I’ll be right out.”

                “Alright. Just let me know if you ever need to talk, okay? Anything. You know I’m here don’t you?” she said, her eyes boring into mine.

                I forced a smile on my face.

                “Relax. I’m fine unnie.”

                She opened to protest but I cut her off. “And if I ever need to talk, I know to go to you.” I made sure to emphasize my point by staring directly into her eyes.

                She seemed satisfied so she left the room, tending to the customers.

                I blew my bangs out of my face and began changing into the café’s uniform that was in my bag. Wait… where’s my CD?? It must’ve dropped out when I crashed into that guy. I hope it’s still there. My father was the one that gave it to me. I bit my lip worriedly. No time to think about it now. I went back out and began serving the customers.

My body was there but my mind wasn’t.

I swear if that guy took the CD… I silently fumed.

                I shook that thought away and cheerfully greeted the customer that came through the door.

Right after my shift is done; I’ll go back to the dance studio and get that CD. No one would want to steal it, I reassured myself. I mean, it’s a CD. You can buy it at a store or something.

                My shift seemed to last longer than usual as I kept on glancing up at the clock to see when it was over. Once the last customer left, I sighed in relief and immediately went into the back to change into my regular clothes. I looked up at the clock again.

11: 00 read the obnoxiously, red numbers. I swallowed.

I hope the dance studio is still open.

I quickly said bye to Minyoung and ran out the door. My cell phone then rang, blasting EXO’s History.

Umma<3 I sighed. I guess I have to take this.

“Yeobosayo?”

“Min Ah, could you please go to the late night grocery store and buy your brother some medicine? He has a fever and he’s been coughing a lot.” Umma said worriedly over the phone.

I rolled my eyes in frustration. But I supposed I could go back tomorrow and get my CD. Hopefully it’ll still be there.

“Ne, umma,” I said dutifully. “Do you need anything else?”

“No, I think that’s about it. Wait, can you also pick up some groceries? We’re running low. I’m sorry, I know you want to get home and get some sleep.”

“It’s alright umma. I don’t mind helping. Saranghaeyo.” I smiled.

“Love you too.” I could hear my mom smile over the phone. “I’ll see you when you get home.”

                I hung up and then made my way to the grocery store. I picked up the medicine my mother needed and a few other groceries, like vegetables, meats, and fruits. I paid and then began walking to our apartment.  But my mind kept on drifting to that CD.

                “It’s no big deal Min Ah,” I told myself. “It’ll still be there when you go to the studio tomorrow.” But I couldn’t help but worry. That CD was given to me by my father and was one of my most prized possessions. I can’t believe I just lost it like that. How I could be so careless too. I mentally smacked myself in the forehead.

                Engrossed in my thoughts, I soon arrived home and began putting away the groceries. I gave the medicine to my mother and I went into my room. I had trouble sleeping and kept on tossing around, but soon enough, I fell into a restless sleep, memories of me and my dad playing in my mind.

 

Thank you for all the views and subscribersJ It really means a lot. I didn’t think it would get that many to be honest. Lol did you notice the EXO bit I stuck in there? I couldn’t resist:P Baekhyun’s my favorite though. His voice is amazing^^

Please review more and let me know what you think of the story and what I should do with it.

This was just an idea that came up when I was bored so I’m glad you like it:). I was also thinking of putting in a few of your characters in here too if you want to be in the story. Let me know^^

Sorry for the mystery guy not appearing. He’ll definitely be in the next chapter:)

Saranghaeyo! <3