Part 3/3

The Occasional Turning of Tables (Still Our Love Continues - a sequel to Falling Slowly)

 

The Occasional Turning of Tables

 

“Wh-what are you doing here?” I said in genuine shock, only to look away ‘cause I can’t stand her staring at me like that. I can’t take the risk and blush. “Weren’t you supposed to be listening to some lame confession?”

 

“You mean, proposal?” she casually corrected. “Yeah, I just said yes.”

 

“WHAT??? YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED???”

 

She stared at me like I was some weird talking pumpkin she came across with while shopping in the market one day.

 

“You really are stupid aren’t you?”

 

“Wha—”

 

“It’s not a marriage proposal. He’s simply asking me to be his permanent lab partner for the semester, you s.”

 

“Well, aren’t you his permanent lab partner already?”

 

“Heechul was kidding the first time. And I guess you were asleep when he said that we can pick our partners.”

 

“But…but what about that…that kiss!”

 

“What kiss?”

 

“I saw him kiss you just as he was about to leave you all alone to work on your experiments—Yeah! Yeah, how dare him! What was that?!!”

 

“It wasn’t a ki—Haaah. You seriously are dumb, aren’t you?” Sunny placed her hands on her hips. “He was trying to reach for his bag which was beside me! You only thought he kissed me because he looked like he was leaning towards me. I mean, did you actually see where his lips went?”

 

“S-so, he isn’t…” I gritted my teeth. “Cho…Kyuhyun…”

 

Suddenly, she sighed.

 

“Why don’t you just go on and say it?”

 

“Say what?”

 

She stared me right in the eyes then stepped towards me. Oh my god, she’s trying to corner me. This is my own style, yet I’m getting caught up in it!

 

I have to fight back.

 

“O-ok!” she stopped. “You really wanna know?”

 

“No, already I know it.” she smirked.“I just want the words to come directly from you.”

 

“Okay, then!” I raised my arms.

 

I started to my coat.

“Y-ya!” she slowly backed away. I smirk at her as I laugh inside my head. “W-what are you doing???!” she says this, yet she keeps staring at my body as I take my coat off. She’s not even blinking! This gets funnier by the second.

 

I successfully removed my coat. She looked into my eyes now, innocently blinking with those wide eyes of pseudo-shock.

 

I raised an eyebrow at her.

 

“I-is that all you’re taking off?” she asked—I don’t know whether incredulous, or disappointed.

 

I chuckled and dropped my coat. Then, I looked down on my shirt, held the both sides and stretched from the hem, signaling her to read the words: ‘I like nerds’.

 

 

 

I looked at her. Her head was tilted to the side as she dumbly stares at it.

 

“Are you done yet?”

 

She glared at me.

 

“There are three words written on that shirt.”  I sighed, “You think I’m retar—“

 

…and turned around before she could even finish her sentence.

 

“…ded.” Her voice trailed off.

 

The back of my shirt read: ‘…only because you are one. I love you, Sunny.’

 

 

She fell silent after that.

 

 

I raised my eyebrow. “Are you done yet?”

I didn’t get a reply, so I turned back around to face her.

 

She had this confused look.

 

“What?”

 

“I can’t understand the last sentence. It’s blurry and…almost erased…” her forehead creased. Aish! I have to get my money back! “So, what did it say?”

 

“Aish! I love you, Sunny!” I irritatingly blurted out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I was kidding.” she smirked. “It wasn’t blurry at all...”

 


 

 

Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.
- Albert Einstein


END.