Part 2/3

The Occasional Turning of Tables (Still Our Love Continues - a sequel to Falling Slowly)

I’m Not At All a Victim of Centripetal Force.

 

So yeah, I left the lab with a red mark on my face shaped exactly like Sunny’s right palm…and apparently a coat thrown at me. I see she’s finally getting revenge for that box of nerds I threw at her head. But you know what? She did so much more. Are you happy now, Lee Sun Kyu?

Cause you’re definitely winning.

 

I went to the Men’s Room to pee. Hah. I didn’t really have much sleep last night…

I mean, I—

 

“Aaah!” as I faced the wall, I saw a booger. Just great. At a very solemn time where I try to reflect, this shows up to my face.

 

Just then, I heard footsteps. I turned to see who came in. Well, well, well if I wasn’t so lucky today…

 

“Hi nerd.”

“Hi moron.”

“Hey, you have no right to call me moron! I only allow Sunny to call me that!”

“Why, cause you like her?”

“Wh-what?” I scoffed. “No! Ha-hah!” I laughed nervously.  “Ha-ha-hah! Hah…Hah! You stupid!”

 

He stared at me for seconds, as if he’s reading my mind.

 

“Well, that’s good then.” He looked away. “…cause I do.”

 

See my fist clench and my eyes glare.

 


Well,I took care of him. So I was smiling until I reached the lab.

 

I went inside. I ditched my polo uniform and wore an “I love Nerds” shirt under my coat.

 

“Yo~” I greeted. They all looked at me—except Sunkyu, who was busy with her nerd-taking. I mean, note-taking.

 

I looked at Heechul-songsaengnim.

 

“What?” he put down the physics book he was holding. “Do you expect us to cheer and perhaps bring out some welcome banners?” He pointed at my seat across the room. “Sit down, ‘panzee-.”

 

Holding onto the strap of my bag, I chuckled shortly to myself and shrugged then, I went to our working area.

Well, for one, Shinyoung wasn’t there because she called this morning and told me that she was sick and so I told her not to go to school today and offered to do all the work.

And, of course Sunny’s partner wouldn’t be making an appearance today either. I told you, I took care of him.

I smirked and leaned against my chair.

Just then, the prof took attendance.

 

“So some people aren’t here…”

 

I crossed my arms, waiting…

 

“Tiffany?”

“De, sosaengnim?”

“Where’s Siwon?”

“He’s absent…”

“Pair up with Donghae.”

“O-Oh, okay…”

“Sungmin, where’s Shinyoung?”

“Who cares?”

“Sungmiiin…”

“I mean…” I scratched my head. “Molla yo, sosaengnim~”

“Then—”

“I’ll pair up with the nerd!”

 

I looked at Sunny. She was poking her cheek again, but was still writing.

 

“Do what you want.”

 

Yea—

 

“That’s not necessary. I’m here.”

 

 

 

W-W-What? H-How did he? I mean…

I TIED HIM UP IN THERE! (A/N: I bet this sounded good to KyuMin fans…)

He smirked and whispered something to me as he passed me by.

 

And that’s the story of how I ended up alone in Physics class. Did you like it?

I know I didn’t.


Still, I needed to cheer up.

I harbored Ryeowook’s book and started reading.

 

“Anyone who can give me the definition of a couple?” Hey, I actually know that!

“Songsaengnim!” I quickly raised my hand.

 

He held his eyeglasses low, holding the frame and taking a good look at me.

 

“You better not mess this up, Sungmin.”

“De~” I smiled. “A couple is a pair of equal forces that act in OPPOSITE directions.”

 

I glanced at Sunny and winked at her before sitting.

 

“I hate to say this,” the prof pushed up his glasses, holding onto the Physics book. “…but you’re correct.”

 

I smiled even more.

He put the book down.

 

“This is an explanation why opposites attract—”

“YES! OPPOSITES. Mm-hmm, mm-hmm.” I nodded.

“Because it is in fact boring being with someone who’s exactly like yourself. So—”

“THAT’S RIGHT!”

I said with conviction, standing up.

 

“Sungmin-ah.”

“Wae?” I looked at him, smiling.

“Shut up.”

“De, sosaengnim.” I sat, still smiling.

“Nothing in this world attains perfection. Therefore, an entity may need another to attain its needs. In order to function, an entity needs to grow with another entity which has the qualities that that certain entity lacks in itself. And their relationship must be a give-and-take; contributing equally.”

“Ok. We move on.” He wrote something on the board. “What is centripetal force?”

“SOSAENGNIM!” I raised my hand and stood up simultaneously.

 

He turned around. That shocked face of his when he saw me standing up and raising my hand is priceless.

 

“S-Sungmin.” He hesitatingly let me answer again.

“Haaah…” I smiled.  “Centripetal force…”

 

I turned to Sunny who was still busy taking down notes.

 

“It’s…” I answer as I fixate my gaze on her, while she’s indifferent of me, “It’s the force that tends to pull a body towards the center of a curved path.”

 

She didn’t even look back. I returned my gaze at the professor.  

 

“Seriously, are you sick? Do you need to go home?”

“No…” I shook my head, sitting down.

 

He still wasn’t convinced.

 

“Then, what’s wrong with you?”

 

I half-smiled, looking down.

 

“I think I might be affected by this centripetal force...” I let out another sigh.“I’m drawn to this certain someone who’s currently dominating the center of my universe.”

“Oh, great. Now I think I’M going to be sick.” He rolled his eyes. “Go do your experiment or something. I’ll be back.”

 

He left.

 

So…did he really get sick with what I said?


Well, I ended up doing the experiment alone. I didn’t complain anymore. There’s nothing I can do, anyway.


One by one, they left. Even Sunny and the other nerd.

I was left alone cause, well…I worked alone.


It’s 5:02. There, I’m done!

Stupid experiment.

Now I know how it feels like…

 

Hah. Now, to get home…

Oh, wait. I think I’m gonna go pee first.

 

“Sunny…” I recognize that voice… “I need to tell you something…”

 

I froze.

And then, I ran back to the lab.


“Nice try. But I’m going to ask her before you do.”

 

He was serious. He’s really going to ask her…

I dropped my back pack on the floor.

 

And then, I picked up Heechul’s guitar and played a random song that first popped out of my mind.

I strummed once, sustaining the chord, “♪I never should have let you go…I never should have let you go…♪”

I sighed.

I started playing the stanza riff…

 

“Everybody’s laughing in my mind. Rumors spreading ‘bout this other guy. Do you do what you did when you did with me, does he love you the way I can? Did you forget all the plans that you made with me…

’Cause baby I didn’t.

That should be me holdin’ your hand. That should be me making you laugh. That should be me this is so sad. That should be me. That should be me…

“That should be me feeling your kiss. That should be me buying you gifts. This is so wrong I can’t go on, ‘til you believe that that should be me…”

I don’t know why, but I kind of like this song…

“You said you need a little time for my mistakes”

“It’s funny how you used that time to have me replaced’

“Did you think that I wouldn’t see you out at the movies, what you’re doing to me, you’re taking him where we used to go…

“Now if you’re tryin’a break my heart, it’s working cause you know…♪”

 

 

 

 

 

My voice echoed around the room. I sighed.

I put the guitar down, then grabbed my backpack.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Baaaaaaaaaaa-bo.” I turned around and saw her.


I apologize for the choice of song. The lyrics were quite appropriate, so...

And nope, this is not the end of it. :D