Part 1/3

The Occasional Turning of Tables (Still Our Love Continues - a sequel to Falling Slowly)

Lab Partners.

 

I don’t know why, but I woke up feeling happy today. I think it’s a perfect day for—

Oh, there’s Sunny!

“Good morning!”I beamed at her. She glared in return. I smiled even more. I’m so used to this greeting of hers. I feel so special, knowing I’m the only one she ever glares at.

 

Finally, I sat beside her.

As I was about to put my arms around her when our first period prof came.

 

“Pop quiz.”  What??? I don’t know anything!

 

Aish. Well, of course. We’re forgetting I have a nerd beside me. Guess, I’ll survive.

 

“Jagiya…What’s the answer?” I whispered as I peek at her paper. Suddenly, a piece of chalk hit my head. “Ow!”

 

Our classmates looked to my direction. I ignored them. The terror prof glared down at me. I sank to my seat, accepting a failed quiz.


The next period was Physics. My favorite subject.

 

“Say buh-bye to your current partners. I’ve prepared the new lab pairings. The permanent pairings.

 

WHAT????

 

“It couldn’t be…”I looked at Sunny. She was totally smiling. “B-b-but—“

“Save it.”

“Hmm…Where to start…”

“Kim Taeyeon…you’re with Park Jung Soo.”

“Wait, Jung Soo, shouldn’t you be graduated already? How many years have you repeated?”

“Kim Hyoyeon, you’re with Lee Hyukjae.”

“Lee Sun Kyu…” I looked at Heechul-songsaengnim “…you’re with…

 

 

 

 

 

…Cho Kyuhyun.”

WHAT???!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

“Lee Sungmin, you’re with Kim Shinyoung.”


 

“This day couldn’t get any worse...” I pouted and leaned on the experiment table like a puppy as I mutter to myself.

“What, oppa?”

“Aish! While Leeteuk-hyung should already be graduated and working by now, you look like you should be retiring from your job!”

“That’s harsh!”

 

Everyone inside the lab looked at us. Even, Sunny and that Kyuhyun guy she’s stuck with. But I’m not even a bit happy about the attention. I want to get out of here!

Aish, I hate Physics!


While my partner works on our experiment, like the usual, I constantly eye on Sunny and her ugly partner.

 

“Why do you keep wearing this stuff? It’s hiding your pretty eyes.”

 

He shamelessly removed Sunny’s eyeglasses. Aish, this guy! What if the ahjuma can’t see well? She might end up hurting herself more, considering that she’s naturally a klutz, with or without poor eyesight.

 

“You’re right…” she takes her nerd spectacles from her co-nerd. “I don’t think I need these anymore.”

 

She smiled at him. He smiled right back.

 

WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE A COUPLE FROM A MOVIE???!!!


“Omo, I forgot to bring a pair of scissors…” Shinyoung suddenly said, I wasn’t really paying attention since I was busy watching over Sunny. “Oppa, ottokhe?”

 

I saw a pair of scissors on their table. I stood up and went up to them.

 

“Hey, we don’t have scissors, I’ll borrow this!”

“Oh—”

“Shinyoung-ah, I got it!”

“De~Komawo, Kyuhyun-sshi!”


“Omo. Oppa do you have any tape? We—”

“No problem!” I stood up gleefully and hoped my way to their table. “Hey, we need tape this time~” I got the tape from Sunny’s hand. They both looked at me.

I winked at Sunny and stuck my tongue out at Kyuhyun.

 

“Here you go, Shinyoung-ah~” I said, sitting down and handing the tape to Shinyoung.

“Oh, Komawo~”


As I continue to eye on them, I observed that they’re really working as a team.

 

“Haaah…” I sighed.

 

I regret not helping Sunkyu with our past experiments. We could have bonded like that.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I’ll—”

 

I saw their hands ‘accidentally’ touch when they both tried to reach for the scissors at the same time. They looked at each other.

 

I clenched my fists.

 

“Op—”

“You need the scissors again, don’t you?” I stood up. “I’ll get it.” I said, not taking my eyes off the two nerds.

“Omo, oppa…Why are you suddenly mad?”

“Ya!” I broke their moment.  “We need this again!” I pulled the scissors from under their hands, turned around, then left.

“But oppa, I’m done with our experiment…” My eyes widened.

I gulp as I turn to Sunny. She’s glaring at me while poking her cheek with her tongue.


I was resting my chin on the table while I play with the screw driver, ‘cause there’s nothing left to do. Shinyoung is now making the observation paper.

I can’t go borrow some stuff anymore cause the ahjuma-nerd will flay me alive if I get anywhere near their area. Haaaaahhh.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah…” I slightly tilted my head to steal a glance at Sunny sharing her snack. “You want some?”

“Yeah, sure…” the Kyuhyun guy obliged and helped himself with some Nerds.

“Ahhh. The candy that suits you both.” I scoffed, rolling my eyes. “Tch.”

“What, oppa?”

“I was talking to this screw driver!” I angrily raised the innocent tool.

 

Then, since there’s just nothing better to do, I slept.


I kept glancing at the clock ‘cause I was so bored. When will this end?????

 

“Aish! Why is it that the time is still 3:55??? I’ve glanced at that stupid clock for like seven times already!!!!”

“That’s ‘cause the stupid clock doesn’t have batteries in it.” Heechul-songsaengnim suddenly came in. “Alright, submit your stupid observations and then, get out.”

“Finally!” I got up and flung my bag on my shoulder.

“Oppa, let’s do the second experiment next time. My hands are sore.” I saw a lot of them leaving. Everyone is pretty much doing the same.

“Okay~” Well, it’s not like I’m gonna help her or anything.

 

I looked at Sunny and the other nerd. I think they intend to finish up the second experiment. I held the strap of my backpack, taking one last look at them.

 

“Oh, well...” I shrugged and then, turned to leave.


It’s 5:00pm.

AISH, what am I doing???!

Why am I still here???!

 

“Sunny-ah, mianhae. I have to go…”

“Anio. Gwenchana. I can take it from here. I’m used to this.”

 

That hit me like a ton of bricks.

 

“You sure? We could just finish everything some other time.”

“Aniyo. I really want to finish this today.”

“Ok, then…” Aish! This guy is seriously gonna leave her??? AISH! “Bye, Sunny.”

 

 

 

 

 

He…kissed her. He…he bid her goodbye and when she turned to him, he kissed her on the cheek.

 

 

 

 

They…they kissed!

 

W-what the hell was that??? She didn’t punch him!!!!

She was supposed to!!!! Right????!!!

 

“Take care~” Oh my god, she’s smiling. She’s even smiling!

“You too.” If she doesn’t maim this guy, I would do it myself!

 

The nerd left the room, so I quickly hid myself.

Aish. It’s a good thing I stayed. She isn’t even half-done with the experiment. That .

I peeked through the lab window. She was totally focused. No other nerd can look this cute while doing an experiment…or…maybe while she does anything at all.

I peeked at the clock inside, it said, 3:55. Oh yeah.

I brought out my phone and checked the time. 6:43.

I peeked inside the lab. Sunny was leaning on the table, with a pen in hand.

I walked inside and looked around.

And then I looked at her.

Wah~ She slept so peacefully.

I took off my coat and put it around her.

 

“Haha! Hey, isn’t this what they do in dramas?” I chuckled to myself, trying to forget about the kiss...

 

While I fix my jacket on her, I saw her face only a few inches from mine. I looked at her intently.

 

I guess it wouldn't hurt if I have one for myself too…

 

 

“Ya, ahjuma…” I leaned in, our lips, only millimeters away now…”I…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunny’s eyes suddenly opened.


 

For most of us, this is simply a fluff fic with a little crack perhaps...but personally for Sungmin, it has turned into a big horror. Will he stay alive for the next update? Or will I be writing about his funeral for the next shot? You were witnesses to Sunny's death threats in Falling Slowly. Is she not able to wait until she becomes president of Korea to carry out her original plans? Subscribe for updates and find out ^_^