Because I Find it Hard to Live Without You

Because It's Better This Way

 

The line went dead.

 

And so did every part of my body. I felt numb, no part of my body moving and resulting in the phone clattering to the floor, and making a loud beep. Maybe the phone was broken, maybe I was. But how was I supposed to know because I felt that I was no longer existent. An empty shell of my former self and I didn’t know how to feel about it. Hell, I wasn’t even sure if I could feel anything right now. Everything was numb, every limb, every sense, every molecule was numb. Everything but my heart, that ached and throbbed painfully in my chest. The pain was so excruciating, I imagined this is what it was like to be stabbed right through the heart.

 

My body crumpled onto the floor as I gasped heavily, gripping my chest as if it would keep myself from shattering. But what was the point, I was nothing without him. I was empty.

 

Why had things turned out this way?I repeatedly asked the question in my head, desperately needing some kind of answer. What had gone wrong? Everything had seemed fine yesterday when we last spoke, so what could have possibly placed so much doubt in his head that fast? Is this really the end? Next time I see him, will he act indifferent because it might have been that easy to fall out of love with me. Was I that terrible of a person that Lu Han would give up on me that quickly?

 

I felt my entire frame shaking, but no tears escaping from my eyes.  My body knew what mind didn’t know yet; That no matter how much everything hurt right now, if I wasn’t strong, there was no chance of fixing things with Lu han next time I got the chance.

 

But right now, in this moment, that didn’t matter. I should be allowed to suffer and wallow in self-pity. I promise I’ll be strong tomorrow. I told myself, closing my eyes tightly. Part of me hoped that this was a nightmare, and when I opened my eyes again everything would be how they were only an hour ago. Tired, overworked, lonely, but still knowing I would see Lu Han one day, and embrace him in my arms. Something like that sounded perfect to me right now.

 

I wonder what Lu Han is doing right now? My last thought until I fell into the embrace of darkness that was sleep.

 

/~/~/~/~/~/

 

“Sehun?” I heard a voice, and felt my body shaking. Joon Myun’s voice. My eyes blinked open, staring up at the leader as he looked down at me with concern. “Why are you asleep on the floor?” He asked.

 

For a second even I had forgotten what I was doing here. Then I remembered, all the pain crashing down on me, and for a second time I felt my entire being destroyed. Why couldn’t that have been a nightmare? Why was reality much crueler to me than any of my worst nightmares? Yet despite all the emotional pain I felt on the inside, I was still aware that none of these emotions were registering on my face. There was nothing there but a blank expression.

 

“Are you feeling alright?” Joon Myun asked, placing the palm of his hand on my forehead that I hadn’t realized was slick with sweat. “You’re burning up,” He gasped.

 

Now that I thought about it, my body did feel a little hot. Did that really matter? Whether I was sick or completely healthy, Lu Han was gone and I was nothing without him. Joon Myun looked over to the phone on the floor, and back at me. I looked away from his concerned eyes, and back at the floor.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong Sehun? Say something.” I remained quiet, not feeling up to saying anything because I knew it would be meaningless. Joon Myun realized I wasn’t going to reply, and let out a defeated sigh. “If you’re not going to tell me, then that is your choice, but you don’t look too well. Just go get some sleep and I’ll call manager hyung and tell him you won’t make it to tomorrow’s schedule.”

 

I nodded, slowly getting off of the floor and laying down on my bed, wrapping myself up in my blanket. I closed my eyes tightly, and I heard Joon Myun sigh again. “Get better kid,” He said softly, leaving the room and turning the lights off. I was thankful to have the lights no longer beating down on me.

 

I could hear movement outside the door, as I heard hushed voices conversing together. “Sehun is sick?” Chanyeols deep voice asked.

 

“Something like that.” Joon Myun confirmed. I wonder if they knew I could hear them. Probably not. But it wasn’t like I was eavesdropping on purpose. In fact, I wish I could fall asleep in hope that I would dream of a world were Lu Han and I were together. If I were blessed enough to have a dream like that, let me fall into a coma so I can stay in that illusion forever.

 

“What do you mean hyung?” Jongin said in a hushed tone.

 

“All I know was he went in the room earlier to talk to Lu Han on the phone, and when I found him asleep on the floor, the phone was lying next to him, and still on.”

 

“You think something bad happened between them?” Jongin asked.

 

There was silence, and for a second I thought it was because I had finally fallen asleep. Then I heard Joon Myun’s voice again. “I don’t know, maybe. It’s getting pretty late, so I’ll have to call Kris tomorrow and ask him if he’s noticed anything. For now, I might have to sleep in a different room. Sehun seems like he needs to be alone.”

 

So they thought that by ostracizing me, things would get better. First I wasn’t good enough for Lu Han, and now not even for my own band mates. I must really be a terrible person who deserved no form of love. I was useless.

 

“You can sleep with us Hyung; I don’t mind sharing a bed with Chanyeol.” Baekhyun offered. Finally everything was quiet again, and I felt relieved. I had no desire to hear them talk behind my back.

 

Still, I wondered what they would find out after calling Kris tomorrow. I know I had heard Lu Han crying just before he had hung up. I wondered if he was  possibly in just as bad as shape as me? I hated the part of me that hoped he was, hoping I wasn;t the only one who was suffering and falling apart. All I knew was living without him was already something I found too hard to do. I needed Lu Han in my life. I just wish he had understood that before saying those words that ended everything.

 

A/N: Well, I decided to make this into a four-shot type of story, or atleast until the conflict gets resolved. I feel bad because I'm ignoring my other stories and focusing on this one. I'm a bad person >.< But I have been having a lot more HunHan feelings then 2min ones lately, so I can't help it. Thanks for reading!