Because We Can Have a Happy Ending.

Because It's Better This Way

 

“Are you done eating?” I could hear Yixing's quiet voice from beside me, laden with concern. I looked up from my full plate of food, mostly picked apart by my eating utensils, and smiled at him weakly.

 

“Yeah, I’m not really hungry tonight I guess.” I mumbled, pushing the plate aside. I watched as Yixing gave a sideways glance towards Kris, who already seemed aware of the situation. Neither of them said anything as Yixing grabbed the plate and started walking towards the kitchen.

 

“I’ll just put it in the fridge for you, just in case you get hungry later.” Yixing’s voice carried across the dorm, and I only nodded my head to show that I had heard him.

 

I rested my head on the palm of my hand, tracing my other hand across the table. Even though five other boys sat around me, everyone was silent except for the sound of some of them finishing their food. It almost seemed like everyone was afraid to speak when I was around, ever since yesterday morning. I didn’t pay that fact too much thought, as I was too busy trying not to think about Sehun. That, however, had been proving quite the effort ever since yesterday, when I had been on the phone with him.

 

Sehun said he was going to prove to me that we could survive being apart. I didn’t know exactly how he planned on doing that, but I was anxious to find out. That thought was enough to distract me from the heartbreak that was still heavy in my chest. I knew it was entirely mu fault that things had come to this, but I don’t know what else I could have done.

 

I looked up from the table that I was running my hands across to catch everyone’s eyes that all seemed trained on me. Of course, everyone looked away awkwardly, with the exception of Kris who seemed determined to stare me down. His gaze made me feel ashamed for some reason, and I averted my eyes to escape his accusing glare. Just as I was about to go to my room, a knock at the front door caught everyone’s attention.

 

“I’ll get it,” Tao muttered, already half way standing. I watched as he disappeared around the corner that led to the front door, and returned my gaze to the table. When I heard the front door open, I could also hear Tao’s gasp ring through the apartment. “W-what are you doing here?” Once I heard Tao say that, I looked up from the table to be greeted by the sight of Sehun turning the corner, and heading straight for me.

 

Shock registered on everyone face in the room, including my own, as he briskly walked over and grabbed me by my wrist. Before I could say anything, he jerked me up from my sitting position and dragged me into the closest room, which happened to be Kris and Jongdae’s room. When he shut the door behind him, he didn’t give me a second to even mentally catch up to the situation before he had me pressed against the closed door, his lips pressed firmly to mine.

 

My arms flailed wildly as I tried to push the younger off of me, not even quite sure what the hell was going on. Why was Sehun here? Better yet, how the hell did he even get here? I felt Sehun grab my flailing arms and pin them against the door, as he continued to lightly kiss my mouth. I couldn’t get myself to move my lips, and when Sehun saw I wasn’t kissing back, he pulled away and pressed soft kisses all over my face.

 

“God, I missed you so much,” He muttered as he placed his lips against my eyelids, cheeks, forehead, and jaw.

 

I gave up my struggles, finally giving in to the warmth that the younger offered. Sehun took note of my sudden compliance, and released his hold on my arms to hug me close against his chest. I burrowed my head in the crook of his neck, my hands pressed against his chest and grasping the fabric of his shirt there. “What are you doing here, pabo,” I whispered against his chest, wishing we could stay like this forever.

 

I felt Sehun’s arms tighten around me, causing a small squeak to pass through my lips. “I told you I wasn’t going to let things end like this. I meant it Lu Han, I’m not letting you break up with me just because you’re scared.”

 

I felt tears prick in the corners of my eyes at his words, and I pulled away slightly to look him in the eyes. “How do you expect me to not be scared? I don’t want to love you, but always be torn apart by you all time. My heart can’t handle that. There is no way this is going to end well for us.”

 

Sehun released his hold from around my waist to grasp my shoulders with his strong hands. “You’re right, maybe things won’t turn out for the best. Maybe the only thing that will result from our relationship is a pair of broken hearts down the road. But why can’t we just try this, huh? I don’t want us to break up because you think it’s better than being in love when we are apart.”

 

“But how is it even worth trying if it hurts as much as it does. My heart can’t bear being away from you Sehun, not when I love you so much.” I bit my lip to hold back a sob, averting my gaze to the floor.

 

“It’s worth it Lu Han, because we can have a happy ending. Because we deserve at least that much. And I promise, I will try my best to make sure that we survive this tough period in our lives before we can be together forever. But I need you to try and make this work too. No more running away from me just because you sometimes feel overwhelmed. Can you at least promise me that?”

 

I sighed as Sehun looked at me expectantly. I nodded my head, deciding that maybe we really could make things work. Sehun smiled brightly at me, grabbing the back of my head to bring our lips together in another passionate kiss.

 

-/-/-/-/-

 

“I love you,” Sehun whispered into my ear as he rolled off of me, and pulled the blankets over our and sweaty bodies. I felt a little guilty about making love on Jongdae’s bed, but I figured I could apologize to the vocalist later.

 

“I love you too,” I said back, resting my head on his chest. Sehun’s hand slid up my body to begin absentmindedly brushing through my hair, while I traced patterns on his chest. “Sehun-ah?” I questioned lightly.

 

“Mmmm?” His tired voice responded.

 

“Exactly how did you get from Korea to China? Didn’t Joon Myun or the manager try to stop you?” I felt his chest rumble in laughter, as he leaned over to press a kiss to my forehead.

 

“That, Xiao Lu, is a story for a different time.”

 

A/N: Yay, another story done with. It was nice to write an EXO coupling too. Sorry it took so long to finish the final chapter, but now it's done with ^.^