Chapter 14

KangTeuk lovestory

 

Leeteuk and Kangin were both lying in their separate beds, facing their walls. There was a real awkward silence in the room. It was so quiet that each time the other one shifted it sounded really loud. But, none of  them could sleep.

“Uh... Park?” Kangin asked.

“Hm?” Leeteuk answered. He was trying really hard to fall asleep by forcing his eyes closed. 

“Oh... I just wondered if you were awake.” 

“Okay... We should probably sleep now. It’s late...” Leeteuk muttered. 

“Yeah...”

There was a long moment of silence and they were both still wide awake.

“Kangin-ah?”

“Y-yes?”

“I... can’t sleep...” Leeteuk said and turned around to face Kangin. 

Kangin turned around too. “Me neither...” He replied. It was really weird for the both of them. They were supposed to hate each other, but now their feelings for each other were neutral. “Do you wanna talk?” Kangin asked out of the blue.

“Hm... We are talking now, aren’t we?” Leeteuk asked and the both chuckled softly.

“Jung Soo?” Kangin looked Leeteuk in the eyes. “Do you really hate me?” There was a sudden change of mood after Kangin spoke. He didn’t know why he asked that question. Maybe it was because he wanted to know. All he knew was that he wished the answer would be “no.”

Leeteuk looked away to think. “Kangin, you have hurt me many times...” He began.

“I know and I’m sorry! I never meant to hurt you!” Kangin blurted out and sat up at the same time.

Leeteuk pressed his index finger to his lips and shot Kangin a glare since they are not allowed to make noise after bedtime. “One thing is hurting me, but you hurt my friends as well!” Leeteuk hissed in a whisper.

Kangin didn’t reply and just laid back down, still facing Leeteuk.

“But you know what the worst thing you ever did to me was?” Leeteuk asked with tears in his eyes.

Kangin thought for a moment and shrugged.

“The worst thing you ever did to me was lay hands on my sister.” Leeteuk said. Kangin frowned at Leeteuk as he didn’t recon doing so. He was about to protest, but Leeteuk continued. “It was her first day, for crying out loud! And what do you do? Send your friends to try to her?! What kind of person are you?!” Leeteuk almost yelled, but managed to control his voice. Tears were now streaming down his cheeks without him even noticing.

Kangin’s eyes widened and he gaped in shock. “That was your sister?!” 

“Yes!” Leeteuk whispered. 

“I didn’t know... I thought... I thought she was... I...” Kangin stuttered. He didn’t know if he could admit anything to Leeteuk so soon.

“You thought what, Young-Woon?” Leeteuk asked flatly and sniffled. About then he realized he was crying and started wiping his tears.

Kangin sighed heavily. He wasn’t ready. “They weren’t going to her.” Was the only thing that escaped his mouth.

Leeteuk sat up and stared at him in disbelief. “What did you say?”

“I said; they weren’t going to her.” Kangin replied while staring at the ceiling. “Relax...” 

Leeteuk’s jaw dropped. He shook his head in disbelief as he felt anger boiling up inside him. “How can you tell me to relax, you monster?! She’s my sister! When I came in to the classroom she was a mess because of what YOUR friends did!” Leeteuk yelled. 

Kangin sat up with wide eyes and stared at Leeteuk. “I didn’t mean-”

“NO! SHUT UP!” Leeteuk yelled and dug his hands through his hair in frustration. He slowly looked Kangin in the eyes. “Do you know... That my parents hate me because of you?” He asked.

Kangin just stared at Leeteuk. For the first time ever he was afraid to talk back. 

“My parents are ashamed of me and it is all because of you!” Leeteuk whispered. He was glaring at Kangin. Hatred reflecting in his eyes. “My father slapped me for the first time because of you!”

“Jung Soo, I-” 

“Kangin, I have all the reason in the world to hate you.” Leeteuk said and laid back down facing the wall. “And I don’t understand how you can live with yourself.”

Kangin sat on his bed looking at Leeteuk. He didn’t know what to do or say. A tear escaped his eye and he flinched. He wiped it away and looked at it. “What the ...” He whispered to himself. He slowly laid back down on the bed. He glanced over at Leeteuk once more. “I really am sorry... Please, don’t hate me...” He whispered before turning around and shutting his eyes.

Leeteuk felt a last tear escape his eyes.

* * *

 

“Class I want you to turn to page 123.” The teacher said.

Yesung and Kangin were sitting next to each other during English class. Their teacher was mr.Lee and, unfortunately, he was one of the strict teachers. The good thing was that both of them actually paid attention because of that.

They were scribbling a conversation with each other whenever the teacher wasn’t looking.

 

K: Yesung, how did it go with the cleaning yesterday?

Y: It was extremely tiring! One of the worst things I’ve ever experienced! But guess what...

K: Really? Bummer... What?

Y: Ryeowook came and helped me the whole time I was there! I was really surprised! 

K: Really? He did? Why?

Y: Yup, he did. I dunno... He said it was because I am his room mate and he feels it is his duty...

K: Hm... Do you believe him?

Y: Yeah, why wouldn’t I?

K: I think he likes you :-)

Y: off, Kim.

 

Kangin chuckled quietly at Yesung’s attitude as the latter crumbled the paper note and made a new one. 

The teacher turned around and looked for someone to ask a question. “Mr.Kim,” He said and five boys stood up. “Ugh...” He pinched the bridge of his nose and looked through his name list. “Mr. Kim Jonghyun,” The four other boys sat down, including Kangin and Yesung, who phew-ed as they sat down.

 

K: But, seriously! 

Y: What? Dude, most koreans have the last name “Kim”. It’s no big deal.

K: Not that! I’m not stupid.

Y: Sure... What was it then?

K: Maybe that Ryeowook-guy really likes you!

Y: Ha ha. Kangin-ah, you are SO funny. I am laughing so hard right now. I think I am gonna die of laughter. -.-

 

Yesung rolled his eyes at Kangin as he passed him back the note. The latter frowned and started writing again.

 

K: Come on, Yesung! So what if he likes you? 

 

Yesung replied by crumbling the letter and stuffing it in his pocket. Kangin just chuckled lightly and nudged his friend. Suddenly a smirk crept up Yesung’s face and he turned to look at Kangin, who was reading a text in his textbook. The latter looked up and flinched at his friends creepy smile and mouthed ‘What the hell?!’ while shrugging. It was now Yesung’s turn to chuckle lightly. He grabbed another piece of paper and started writing.

 

Y: How about Park?

K: ...What about Park?

Y: Don’t act stupid, you know what I mean!

K: No, I most certainly do not. Now leave me alone and let me read.

Y: I know you like him.

K: OFF, KIM!!

Y: Getting angry, are we? You’d only get pissed that easily at me if I was right.

 

Kangin ripped the note into many pieces slowly and quietly so the teacher wouldn’t hear. Yesung had to cup his mouth to hold his laughter.

* * *

 

[A/N: So.... KangTeuk DRAMA! OMG! :O Guys, I almost forgot to update... I haven't been on my computer all day xD ]