Nine

My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter Nine ღ 

 

This is a bad idea, no, a horrible idea. That was the thought vibrating through my mind as we were seated at a secluded table near the back of the Italian restaurant, waiting for Minjung to arrive.

“This is a bad idea,” Kris said, verbalizing my thoughts for the past hour.

Lu Han only frowned at him. “Just enjoy a nice dinner on me okay?” he said, addressing the both of us. “Just think of it this way: you're getting free food.”

Minjung arrived right on time, hurrying over to us and dropping into her seat. “I hope you haven’t all been waiting long,” she said, putting down her clutch. “Sorry, Lu Han sunbae, Kris sunbae, Jae-in.”

“No, you’re fine,” Lu Han replied, immediately waving for menus.

It was ironic, I thought, as I browsed the different pastas that were offered. Here I was on a date with the boy I have been in love with for almost two years and his soon to be new girlfriend.

“You know what, Jae-in?” Kris muttered to me, holding his menu up a little to hide his face from the two across the table, engrossed in their own conversation. I looked at him questioningly and he continued. “I think you might be the sweetest, most self-sacrificing person that I know.”

“Sounds like you’re saying that I’m the most naive girl you know,” I muttered back.

He turned a page, scanning the drinks, and shook  his head. “Not at all.”

 

Minjung seemed really curious about Kris and mine relationship and asked a lot of question. We made sure that horrible-liar Lu Han did not talk, in case he decides to make me a world class diver or something even more ridiculous that I couldn’t back up. Instead, Kris and I team worked our way through dinner, making up stories on the spot. Half of mine came from ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter