Eleven

My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter Eleven ღ

 

Severely-FT Island 

*press the the play button and listen as you read!

 

Severely, I guess I loved you too severely

I don’t even breath and I look around for you

I don’t know when I’ll be able to stop

Severely, I guess I loved you too severely

I think letting you go is more severe than dying

 

If this was how it’s going to be, I shouldn’t have loved

When will I forget you?

 

  

The temperature dropped suddenly that weekend, and a cold front moved in. It no longer felt like the middle of summer, and rain splattered the streets of Seoul for a day and a half, unrelentingly. Even when the rain stopped, the skies stayed gray and dreary, denying the inhabitants of any sunshine.

I had started a competitive temporary internship at the biggest financial cooperation in Seoul along with my summer classes, and it was stressful every day. There were 5 of us, all working at our hardest because at the end of the month, only one of us was going to be asked to stay for a full two year paid internship to accompany our grad school career. To be able to join best financial cooperation was my dream, especially just out of college. It was prestigious, it was high paying, and it was…hard.

Every minute not spent in class, studying, or working at the café was spent working even more for the internship. It wasn’t unusual for me to still be analyzing stocks past midnight, pumped up on coffee and energy drinks, trying to get ahead of the other interns. However, that was not what was bringing me down, not the weather nor my stressful life.

It was Lu Han.

On the first dry night in a good few days, one with the clouds still hanging low and the stars and the moon blocked completely, I was standing on a bridge, contemplating life.

More specifically, my life.

At the end of the bridge by the shore was a little restaurant, in which I had made dinner reservations. Those reservations were for Lu Han and Shim Minjung. This was the day, Lu Han and told me, that he would ask her to be his girlfriend.

What kept me frozen in this spot when I should have been going home was beyond me.

It was freezing cold, and the cardigan that I was wearing didn’t block the biting temperature. I was literally chilled to the bone as I just stopped, overlooking the river towards the lights that were the restaurant.

Shivering, I pulled my scarf tighter around my neck.

I couldn’t bring mysel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter