Seven

My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter Seven ღ

 

During my first two years of college studying business and economics, I had lived in a dorm along with all the other underclassmen. After studying abroad in China for four years, I had a surprisingly easy time adjusting back to Seoul. However, my roommate had been a grade A .

She had seemed to despise me as soon as she met me, even though I had done absolutely nothing to her. My friends all told me that she was jealous me, but what of? We had nothing in common.

Because of that roommate, I started spending time with Lu Han and we explored Seoul together. Plus, his roommate, a junior at the time, at Yonsei University had been so much nicer than mine and adored me like a little sister. When Lu Han was casted by SM Entertainment on the street a year later in 2010 and then moved into dorms with the other members, I really started spending a lot of time there in order to avoid my roommate.

In retrospect, that was probably when I had fallen in love with my best friend. Also, probably the only reason that my Chinese had improved instead of fading after I returned to Seoul was because of Lu Han and the EXO-M members. We would talk in a mix of both, which would probably confuse on lookers and outsiders. At the dorm, however, Korean was used most often.

This year, my third year, I had moved off campus, and gotten my own small apartment. It was safe to say that I did not keep in touch with my old roommate.

So, in the end, I only have that stupid roommate to blame for my changed feeling towards Lu Han. I wondered if I could still find her now, and give her a kick for not being nicer to me at the time.But playing the blame game wasn’t going to get me anywhere. It was time for me to stop being so dependent on Lu Han because we were growing up. We weren’t going to be like this forever, and I had to accept that.

I met Minjung at the end of my shift at the café where I worked. Usually, I liked to claim a corner table and stay an extra hour to catch up with some school work, but today, I had to plan a surprise for my fake boyfriend. Oh, joy.

“I didn’t know you work here, Jae-in ssi!” Minjung commented, looking around. “I love this place! I get morning coffee here all the time. How come I’ve never seen you?”

“Ah, I don’t work the mornings,” I explained, standing up to greet her. Now that she was wearing flat shoes, I realized that I was actually about an inch taller than her at 5ft 6in. I moved my books aside quickly so that she could sit down.

“So what’s the plan for Kris oppa?” she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter