The true beginning.

Polychromatic

 

 

 

 

Oh my Krisus. Seriously. This took way too long and I'm so sorry guys. :c This feels so poorly written and its not even anything new but last chapters events from Junhyungs point of view and I feel terrible. It doesn't even matter that its a bit longer than usual. This is such a poor update after so long, but I seriously had no way to update.

My phone allows me to long into live journal but everytime I post one of my drabbles there it says its there but its not so that's even worse. And I'm just so sorry guys.


 

 

It's during a lull in their now comfortable conversation when the shrieks start up. Everyone in the room startles, Yoseob's jumps a little, his hand clenching onto Doojoons hand, and its painful if Doojoons startled yet pained expression is anything to go by. Kikwang was asleep, snuggled up against Dongwoon's shoulder; now he's wide awake eyes wide and disoriented.

Junhyung's own eyes widen because when he woke up, the doctors had informed him of the beautiful strangers name being Jang Hyunseung. He hadn't told Yoseob in hopes to deter the male from jumping to conclusions and forcing him into yet another on of his set ups. Right then he can hear the distinct shout of doctors telling a “Hyunseung-shii” to calm down

Before Junhyung's even aware of what he's doing, he's ripping the IV from his arm with a wince. Surging out of bed, hes thankful the nurses allowed him to change gingerly into a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt.

“What the hell are you doing?! You could've broken that needle off in your arm! ” Yoseob swears, now standing in front of JunHyung with a bewildered look on his baby face. Kikwang moves to grab JunHyung; ending up with a fist full of air as the older male flees the room into the hall gracelessly with pain. JunHyung follows the trail of rushing nurses and doctors into the room down the hall, one doctor is shouting at him to get out, that he doesn’t belong in there but JunHyung takes one look at Jang Hyunseung squirming around in bed breathlessly wailing in pain and fear, then shoves the doctor to the floor with a clatter of the others clipboard and rushes to the panicked male. The beautiful male is silent now, gasping silently with pain, his faded short orange hair is stuck to his forehead with sweat and he's curled up on his side and buzzing with nerves JunHyung hovers for a moment, a different pain striking him as his artistic mind cant help but notice how heart breakingly beautiful the male in front of him is. The tears dripping from dark eyelashes, running down high cheek bones; the red flush spread across his gracefully arched neck, and elvish-esque ears makes a breathtaking picture that JunHyung wishes he could capture.

JunHyung shakes his head to clear his mind, he winces at the spark of pain the flares dimly as he focus on what needs to be done; he grips Hyunseung gently and pulls him onto his back. He rasps the others name gently, soothing a hand over the beautiful males heated forehead. Hyunseung seems to waver for a moment, and JunHyung cant help but feel slight relief that the other can hear him through his panic.

“Listen. Just calm down, you're just hurting yourself further. Just... Listen to my voice, okay? Take small breaths.” JunHyung says, a little breathlessly. His breathing which had already adjusted to the short gasps broken ribs require is now out of sync, pain at his sides with the agony of it. JunHyung watches with anxiousness as Hyunseung slowly takes a small, shuddery breath, then lets it out just as slowly. He watches the other repeating the breathing exercise until it seems to become natural and the other looks halfway calm. JunHyung relaxes once the other does, a pained sigh of relief slipping from his lips softly.

“Good, that's good. Just keep your breaths small and steady, okay? I know it hurts.” JunHyung continues, trying to coax the other further in to relaxing. He can feel the way his gaze softens, he reaches out and slides his hand against Hyunseung's flushed cheek, wiping away partially dried tears. JunHyung can physically see the other relax into his touch, and he can't help the smile that graces his lips because of it.

“Thank you.” Hyunseung mumbles hoarsely, his voice cracking slightly in the middle. JunHyung chuckles softly, subconsciously noting on how well Hyunseung's voice suits him.

“Go back to sleep. I'm sure you've made yourself ache more than before. Just sleep it off.” JunHyung replies after a pause, his tone is laced with the sympathy he can't keep in. Hyunseung just nods, vaguely JunHyung wonders if Hyunseung even hears him, as the others expression is burdened with exhaustion.

Finally, Junhyung's unconsciously tense position relaxes, only to tense again when he lets his gaze drift lazily to the door way where there’s more than just his leering friends, there’s also a doctor and a couple nurses giving him a mixed expression between bewilderment and irritation. JunHyung can feel the flush creeping up the back of his neck onto his cheek bones, he gives the nurses an apologetic look.

“Er.. I apologize. I acted on impulse because its my fault hes here and like this..” He mumbles, ignoring the way his friends are grinning slyly, he bows his head in apologetic manner, but makes no move to leave his spot on the edge of Hyunseung's bed. Thankfully the doctor, Lee Jinki according to his name tag, seems to be rather kind, lets his confused, mildly irate expression fade into a small, gentle smile.

“Ah, I understand. Please be a little more gentler on your impulses next time though. Doctor Kim is a bit of a diva, and he threw a fit after you shoved him.” The doctor says, tone light and airy as he makes himself clumsily to the other side of Hyunseung's bed, fiddling with some vials and needles for a moment before switching to fixing the IV.

“Woah, Jun you shoved someone down?” Kikwang says loudly, his eyes wide with disbelief. Dongwoon is silent, ever polite and considerate of Hyunseung, anyone else would think the others small smile was innocent, but the spark in the youngests eyes lets JunHyung know that he's not going to escape teasing once they're in a more free environment. He watches Yoseob open his mouth to say something when hes pushed aside, bumping into Doojoon as the previous doctor strides into the room, an angry look on his face.

“Yah! You!-” He starts, only to be shushed by Doctor Lee.

“Kibum you're upsetting the patient again.” He says, drawing everyone’s attention to Hyunseung, his eyes are closed, but hes frowning, eyebrows furrowed. JunHyung slides the back of his fingers against the back of the males smooth cheek. Mumbling a few comforting words to the uncomfortable male until his expression grew slightly more relaxed.

“But-!” Doctor Kim' started once again, his cat like features twisted into irritation.

“I apologize for shoving you, I did it on impulse.” JunHyung repeats, bowing his head towards the diva s general direction; his eyes don't stray from Hyunseung's face until moments later, a woman tells Junhyung's friends to get out of her way as she shoves through them to Hyunseung's now unoccupied side. She scoops up his hand ; immediately Hyunseung's face relaxes completely.

“How is he? Is he okay?” The female says, her eyes intent on the doctor.

“I've put some medicine to help him sleep again in his IV.” Doctor Lee says softly, nodding in greeting to the new arrival. The doctor gestured for the unwelcomed guests to leave the room. JunHyung himself stood, smoothing his hand against Hyunseung's cheek, his expression now peaceful. He could feel the unnamed woman’s suspicious gaze on him the entire time, he bowed towards her; looked towards the door, and immediately he knew by the fleeting but stern look Yoseob gave him as he followed the others back to his own hospital room, that the other wasn’t going to let him leave without at least apologizing to this women who was obviously close to Hyunseung.

“Um.. I'm Yong JunHyung. I'm the one responsible for Hyunseung's injuries. I'm so sorry, I got distracted and er.. hit black ice and I tried to get him to m-..” He's cut off in the middle of his embarrassed rambling by the woman’s gentle laugh, a small forgiving smile slid into place. Doctor Lee, still in the room, startled at Junhyung's words, his eyes scrunching up with worry.

“You're the patient from room 115? Why are you out of bed? You're injuries are too severe for you to b-! He's also interrupted by the female; she clears , then opens to begin speaking.

“I'm Geurim. Hyunseung's sister.” She starts, pulling Junhyung's gaze from Doctor Lee's unimpressed stare and onto her. He nods his head, flustered beyond belief; unconsciously he scratches at the puncture wound where his IV was. He can feel the doctors eyes narrowing in on the area and can practically feel the disapproval radiating off of him.

“Thank you for calming him down, but your injuries really are extensive. Should you be out of bed?” She finishes, kind eyes furrowing with worry JunHyung hadn’t expected to see. Doctor Lee's agitated expression smooths out at the females words and nods in agreement.

“Uh.. well. I just.. I couldn't just.. This was more important than my injuries;” He said finally after fumbling awkwardly, “ I just heard his name and it's the least I can do as I'm the reason he's here..”

“Well,” Geurim looked thoughtful and pleased at the same time. “ You're obviously not malicious. I appreciate your honest remorse. However you should make sure to take care of yourself as well. This was obviously an accident, and I can't be angry now that I understand that you really did try to avoid him. Hyunseung gets distracted easily, and ever since he went blind..” She trailed off, her eyebrows furrowing in worry ; a distant look settling across her face. JunHyung in a startled breathe, subconsciously noting the Doctors anxious gaze on him. He's startled by the revelation that Hyunseung is blind, but comes to terms with it quickly. It makes the accident and the panic make a lot more sense.

“Sir. You really shouldn't be out of bed..” Doctor Lee spoke up with worry, only to be ignored.

“I see.. It makes sense now. That's why he was panicking so bad,” He started, eyes wide with realization; Geurim just nodded lightly with a sad expression. “ I know he probably doesn’t want to talk me as I've cause him pain but.. my friends aren't going to let up until I properly apologize, and I won't feel right until I do so either. So if you would allow me to come back when we're both a little more healed..” He trailed off, giving the kind woman a shy, but hopeful look.

“Actually I'd appreciate it..” She says softly, her gaze softening considerably at JunHyung's obvious awkwardness with the situation.

“Now please let the doctor take you back to your room, before he has a panic attack himself.' JunHyung smiled weakly at her joke, before bowing deeply, wincing at the pain that flickered noticeably at his side.

“Thank you for allowing me to apologize.” He says in parting, following the now much more relaxed doctor out of the room sluggishly.