Panic [pan-ik] noun 1. A sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior.

Polychromatic

Finally! Aigoooo. Getting enough time to finish this was torture, especially because I have to take time to get into the writing mood by re-reading all the chapters of this thing.

Anyways, I present you with the fourth chapter, the ending is kind of weak and for that I'm sorry. :c I really struggle with getting Hyunseungs character down like I picture him to be. I shall do my best regardless. 

Not much else to say but thank you everyone for reading, commenting, and supporting me. c:


 

       When Hyunseung comes to he’s tucked under stiff sheets, at first he feels the first brushes of panic fluttering at the edges of his thoughts. He forces himself to take a calming breath, that however backfires as liquid agony spreads across the left side of his torso. He takes another breath to make up for the one he just lost but the same restricting pain kicks his anxiety into high gear and before he realizes it, he's squirming around with the panic. Tears streaming hotly down his cheeks as pained, panicky, breathless screams invaded his ears; after a moment he realizes its him making such a ruckus. He can't seem to stop though, he's scared, he's scared and everyone of his senses are on high alert, his lack of sight just adding to his panic.

 

       There's the sound of voices around him, arguing and frightening him further. A loud noise crashes through the room, before someones presence is at his side. By then his voice has given out, the only noise escaping him is pained little gasps of air. He flinches away as the stranger pulls him so he's laying on his back, then soothing a hand over his forehead once he's settled. A vaguely familiar voice rasps lowly next to his ear, and immediately his mind picks up that the male who is now effectively soothing him is in pain, tired, and more than a little unsure of what he's doing. He notes that he's met this stranger somewhere before, before said stranger speaks again, keeping his tone even and warm.

 

       “Listen. Just calm down, you're just hurting yourself further. Just... Listen to my voice, okay? Take small breaths.” The male finishes a little breathlessly, sounding like he's having just as hard of a time as Hyunseung. This leads Hyunseung to subconsciously believe that the speaker is not a doctor, but instead a patient. Hyunseung takes a small, shuddery breath, then lets it out slowly. He keeps doing so until it becomes natural, and he feels his body slowly relax. The male beside him sighs softly with relief.

 

       “Good, that's good. Just keep your breaths small and steady, okay? I know it hurts.” He says; Hyunseung then feels a warm hand slide across his cheek gently, wiping away the drying tears; soothing him further into calmness. The sightless male swallows hard.

 

       “Thank you.” Hyunseung croaks, his voice cracking slightly in the middle, the other chuckles softly in response, causing Hyunseung to frown a bit in embarrassment.

 

       “Go back to sleep. I'm sure you've made yourself ache more than before. Just sleep it off.” Hyunseung's companion replies, his tone lightly tinged with sympathy. Hyunseung just nods, exhaustion creeping into his body not only from his injuries, but from his panic attack.

 

       For a few moments, activity in the room returns, unknown voices spoke to his new “friend”, and a doctor fiddles with the I.V. he just now noticed, all this causes Hyunseung to become uncomfortable again. The male beside him however, soothes him gently until he hears his sister rushing into the room and to his side. After things settle down, his sisters hand intertwines with his and he slowly began to succumb to what was probably medicine induced sleep, lulled by the soft conversation of his sister, and the unnamed man who helped him.

 

       Hyunseung wakes up disoriented, the familiar spark of anxiety flares for a moment, before he took note of the hand in his own. Geurim is with him, as long as she's with him, he knows he's safe. His body seemed to have adjusted to the small breaths he now has to take. Now fully awake, he realizes why he's here, and that helps to further calm him. He tries to gently worm himself into a sitting position, wincing heavily as he shifted a bit too much.

 

       “Jang Hyunseung.” His sister's voice is angrier then he's ever heard, and he feels himself balking at it.

 

       “ Um.. Yes..?” He frowns at the scratchiness in his throat, no doubt from the amount of screeching he did.

 

       “What in Gods name did you think you were doing? This is exactly why you can't go out by yourself.” Geurim's voice stays level, even though he can hear the anger, not to mention feel it through her tight grip on his hand.

 

       “I know. I know I'm sorry I just...” He pauses with a wince when she tightens her grip on his hand.

 

       “I'm tired of being a burden to everyone... I miss being able to do things. So much Geu, I'm not trying to make it harder on you I just...” He trails off with a defeated sigh, blinking away the burning sensation behind his eyes. Hyunseung grips Geurim's hand harder with frustration and sadness. He hears her sigh then lean towards him, hugging him around the neck gently.

 

       “I know you're frustrated. I know. But please... Take into consideration how much you going missing hurts umma and I. We love you, and look at you now, you're all banged up.” Her voice wavers a bit, but she in a deep breath to keep in what Hyunseung knows was tears. Hyunseung hugs her back gingerly, feeling more defeated than ever before. They both linger in the embrace for a few moments, Geurim pulling back first; taking yet another breath to strengthen her resolve.

 

       “Anyways... I've met the person who hit you.” She starts, he can hear the smile in her voice and feels a spark of apprehensive about it. Humming a bit in response, he curls a arm around his stomach subconsciously at the mention of the accident.

 

       “He's the one who stopped your panic attack when you first woke up. I was in the cafeteria getting coffee when you woke up. When I rushed back after a nurse told me you we're awake and upset, he'd already calmed you down.” Geurim says, intertwining her fingers with his again. A familiar heat rushed into Hyunseung's cheeks, embarrassment flooding over him like cold water.

 

       “Oh.. Um.” He mumbles lowly, squirming lightly. Geurim giggles softly, caressing the side of his hand gently with her thumb.

 

       “His name is Yong JunHyung. He apologized to me as soon as you were asleep; he looked genuine about it too. So.. I told him he could come back to properly apologize to you as well. I feel a bit bad though, he seemed really embarrassed about the whole thing, his friends seem to have bullied him into apologizing to you.” She continues, amusement evident in her voice. Hyunseung huffs, embarrassment flooding him at the prospect of seeing the man who not only hit him because Hyunseung was too silly to pay attention, but also comforted Hyunseung when he was nearly mad with fear.

 

       “He must think I'm weird.” Hyunseung whines, scrunching his face up in distaste, his sister startling him from his pouting by laughing.

 

       “I think he's more embarrassed about hitting you than anything. Apparently you distracted him somehow.” Geurim says.

 

       “I think this will be a good thing.. Maybe... Maybe you'll finally gain something make up for all that you've lost...” Her voice took on a gentler tone as she spoke, her grip tightening for a moment only to loosen again. Hyunseung frowns softly, a deep breath in only to wince in pain. After a moment, he let his grip tighten on his sisters hand.

 

       “I don't know Geu. Maybe.”