How It Started

100 Days with Miss Conceited (ON-GOING)

 

 

Ah Ri sat next to the window, elbows propped against the windowsill, resting her chin against against her palm. She watched the rain start to thin out, then cut altogether. As soon as the gray clouds swept away and revealed the sun, she stood up with glee.

Finally, she could go shopping. It had been three days since she was shopping, and it was time to get a brand new wardrobe for summer that was coming up.

The only downside was that none of the maids or drivers were working. Ah Ri's father had sent the workers home early, knowing that it wouldn't rain all day. He didn't want Ah Ri to rack up another credit card bill.

Ah Ri stared outside, where life was slowly coming out of hiding from the rain. A flock if birds flew out of the trees lining the front of her mass front yard.

I guess, I'll just have to go myself, Ah Ri thought as she hopped up the stairs to her room to throw in an outfit. 

She looked in the mirror and fixed on the blue headband. Twirling a lock of hair around her finger, she smiled and scanned her image.

Beautiful. As always.

She slipped on a pair of white sandals and grabbed her purse after making sure her wallet was in it and headed off.

Strangely, sun shined brightly in the blue, cloudless sky as if it wasn't just raining buckets thirty minutes ago. Ah Ri walked towards the shopping center, steering around the puddles carefully, trying to stay away from people the best she could.

Soon enough, through the midst of people, she saw the glorious sign that read COEX MALL.

The COEX Mall was practically her second home. All bitter thoughts towards her father quickly evaporated along with the rain. She was very well known around the mall, and not in a very good way. Despite her brattiness, Ah Ri had the workers under her thumb due to her status.

As soon as she walked through the revolving doors, she made a quick turn to her favorite boutique, and as if they could sense the spoiled princess, the workers were already lined up at the entrance.

"Where are the new summer styles?" Ah Ri asked, not even bothering to look at the workers. Instead, her eyes scanned the rest of the store where the 'poor people,' as she calls them, browsed through last seasons clothes. The lady wearing a black pencil skirt and white button-up blouse jumped quickly to her side.

She bowed and said, "Follow me." Ah Ri only adjusted the strap of her purse and followed the employee towards the back of the store.

Ah Ri had her own section of the store. It wasn't very big, but enough for her thirst for fashion. Her father had set apart her own section, knowing his daughter would not want what the 'poor people' have touched.

"Here, Miss Kim," she said, but Ah Ri was long gone. She ran through the racks, browsing through the cute summer clothes.

"Miss Kim, the shoes too," she said, gesturing towards the shelves of shoes. Ah Ri smirked as she dumped the clothes she had picked out already on a nearby couch, then she sauntered towards the shoes.

After another 10 minutes, Ah Ri was already wiped out. Behind her were three girls who were now carrying the clothes and shoes she wanted.

Ah Ri walked over, through the clothes, admiring everything. But a thought suddenly dawned on her.

How was she going to get it home?

Ah Ri swallowed and grabbed the bunch from the closest girl, looking to see if there was anything she could live without. But there wasn't.

She picked out some clothes, here and there, but the ending result didn't look much smaller. Then, she decided she needed everything. Huffing, she stood up and ordered the girls to pack up everything they held.

"Wrap it up," she demanded and grabbing her purse and slinging it over her shoulder. She walked past the many racks of clothes she wouldn't even dream of touching and walked to the front desk, where the pencil skirt lady stood, wearing a plastic smile.

The three girls rang everything up and neatly folded the clothes and set the shoes in bags. 

What Ah Ri heard next didn't even faze her.

"Your total will come to $765.64," the pencil skirt lady said. Ah Ri pulled out a credit card and swiped it carelessly, then signed the receipt. 

"Thank you, come back again, Miss," pencil skirt lady said. Ah Ri didn't respond. Instead, she slid the multiple bags off the counter and balanced them the best she could. It didn't work much, because soon enough, Ah Ri could feel the circulation cutting from her fingers.

She took a deep, harsh breath and tried adjusting her purse back over her shoulder. "Miss..." she heard a worker mumble, but she already walked away. 

Walking out of the store, she contemplated in whether or not keep shopping or just go home. Although Ah Ri wasn't very smart, she had some common sense.

Biting her lip, she wobbled out of the exit and out the doors to the bustling city. People were everywhere, now that the rain had gone and it made Ah Ri feel uneasy. She could feel many people's stares as she tried to hail a taxi when she reached the curb.

Ah Ri cursed her father in her head and tapped her foot, seeing a taxi a few meters away start to slow down. Suddenly, she felt a swish behind her and heard the sound of running footsteps.

"HURRY BAEKHYUN!" somebody said.

As Ah Ri was cursing at the world, a rather large group of boys were running from something. They were all scattered around, snaking through the huge mob of people, trying to get away from something.

One boy was left behind, but he soon got away. He turned his head to see if the captors were close, and right as he faced forward, he smacked a certain princess to the hard cement. 

Ah Ri felt something wet, then she finally realized what had happened.

"YAH!" a loud screech rang through the street, collecting attention from the pedestrians passing by. The boy who had fallen on Ah Ri groaned as he rolled off her. Ah Ri elbowed the boy to hurry him up as she pushed herself off the ground.

What she saw next made her scream again.

On the ground, bathing in a nice, dirty puddle were her bags of clothes. The clothes that she took the time and energy to bring out of the mall. The weight of everything almost killed her! 

Through all her frustration, she didn't even notice the rather large scrapes that had marked themselves on her bare legs. Mud had stained her white blouse and jean shorts. Not only that, but the dirt had also made its way to her fresh wounds.

Baekhyun, the boy who ran into her, flinched as he sat up. His knees were sore, but the wounds on the girl in front of him were much worse than his. 

Baekhyun gulped as he stared at the hysterical girl in front of him with large eyes. She started breathing heavily before she remembered that there was another person in front of her.

Baekhyun's blood turned cold at the glare that was shot towards him from Ah Ri. She stomped her feet and yelled, "GET UP!!"

Baekhyun got up quickly, not wanting to provoke the girl any further. He heard the gruff voices from behind him, coming closer. It was the loan sharks. They've been following Baekhyun and his friends for ages now.

Baekhyun sighed when Ah Ri opened to yell again and found his voice.

"Will you shut up?" he muttered, turning his head to make sure he was out of sight. He could hear their voices, coming closer their way.

Ah Ri was appalled. No one had ever spoken to her like that before. She furrowed her eyebrows before taking a deep breath to lash the boy out, but Baekhyun beat her to it.

"Shh," he whispered as he pushed her backwards towards the closest brick wall. His hands were on her waist gently, not wanting to unleash the girl's inner beast.

"YAH-" she started, but Baekhyun's hands moved up to her sides, causing a giggle to escape from .

"He's right - never mind," a gruff voice said, just a couple feet from where Baekhyun and Ah Ri were standing. 

"I swear, that was him," another one said.

When Ah Ri giggled, one of them said, "Disgusting teenagers nowadays," in disgust.

When they left, Baekhyun backed away from Ah Ri whose face was red with anger.

"YOU ERTED BASTARD!" she yelled, earning curious glances from the people around us.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Yah, look what you did!" she yelled.

He glared at her but softened at the injuries on her legs. There was a nasty scrape that stretched from her knee to her shin.

"I'm sorry, I'll help you with your scrapes, but..." he trailed off not knowing what to say.

"Baekhyun!" a familiar voice called out to him. Baekhyun breathed out in relief and tried to slip away from the girl, but she grabbed the sleeve to his hoodie.

"Where do you think you're going? You're paying for this!" she said.

Baekhyun scoffed and pulled his arm away from her, right when Chanyeol, the one who called his name, ran up next him.

"Don't touch me," Baekhyun said, already hating the attitude of the girl.

"YAH! Do you want to die?!" she yelled, pointing at him.

"I said I was sorry, I don't need to pay for anything. If you want, I'll take you to the hospital," Baekhyun said. Ah Ri looked at him like he was stupid.

"Uh..." a confused Chanyeol trailed off as his eyes moved back in forth between the two.

"Not that! This," she pointed to her clothes and bags that were soaking in the puddle, some spewed out clothes.

"Now fork over $765.64," Ah Ri said.

She must be out of her mind...

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

First chapter!!!^^V Hope you guys liked it! Give me feedback and comment! Thank you for the 16 subscriber before I even posted chapter one(; I love you guys!

Check out my other fics(:

You and I: It's based after IU's You and I mv, starring IU and Sungyeol(;

The Old Myungsoo: It stars Hwe Ji(you) and Myungsoo(x It's one chapter away from done!

Say No: It stars you and JR. You like him, but you help him get the girl he likes, who is your best friend... EXO is in it!