The First Meeting After 5 Years

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

After Khun left, Taeyeon and Yoona had some conversations.

“Yoona, don’t you think that your friend Khun, he likes you?” Taeyeon asked Yoona.

“Unnie! What are you talking about! We’re just friend!”

“But I can see it, through his eyes. I can see that he wants to go further with you.”

“I just see him as friend…Unnie don’t think too far”

“You will see. Your birthday is in a few days. I’m sure he will come and do something. At dinner he said he used to give you a flower each year on your birthday. This year, he probably will do the same.” Taeyeon smiled at her sister.

“Unnie, let’s go to sleep!” Yoona slightly blushed.“Let’s go Yoorim, umma will read you a bedtime story.”

“Goodnight, aunt Taeyeon~” Yoorim wished her aunt goodnight

“Goodnight, Yoorim, sweet dream~” Taeyeon wished her niece back.

 

---

A few days later…

*Ding Dong*

“Who’s that?” Yoona asked.

“Yoona, it’s me, Khun” he answered

“Oh Khun, wait, I’ll get the door open for you~” Yoona got up and get the door open.

“Hello Yoona, how are you?” Khun asked by the door

“I’m good! What make you visited today?” Yoona asked

“Happy birthday!” he said as he handed her a bouquet of flowers that he hid behind his back.

“You…remember?” Yoona surprised.

“Of course I remember. Each year on your birthday I would give you a flower that I got from our orphanage’s garden. For the last 18 years I couldn’t give you any flower, so today I give you back all 18 of it.” He said while gave her a smile.

“Will you go on a date with me tonight?” Khun gently asked Yoona

“I’m…but I need to stay with Yoorim. Taeyeon unni has work tonight at the radio station.”

“Don’t worry Yoona, go with him, I’ll take care of Yoorim.” said Taeyeon from the back as she held Yoorim’s hand.

“Unnie”

“I’ll take Yoorim to the station with me” Taeyeon told her sister

“But she will disturb other people” Yoona concerned

“Yoorim promised to be a good girl right?” Taeyeon looked at Yoorim

“Umma, I’ll be a good girl” Yoorim promised.

“Then…”

“Please accept my invitation.” Khun said to Yoona.

“Then unnie, please help me take care of Yoorim.”

“I sure will,” said Taeyeon, “Now you need to get dressed!”

“I bought you some clothes, I hope that it will fit” and Khun handed Yoona a bag.

“But…”

“Just think of it as my other birthday present for you.” He smiled.

Yoona took the bag to her room and changed. 5 minutes later she came out wearing a strapless knee-length black dress with a match pair of shoes. Even with out any make-up on her face, she looks totally beautiful.

“Yoona, you look beautiful. I guess I’m not too bad at guessing sizes.” He laughed.

“I’ve never seen my sister looks this beautiful before. What a special day today is!” said Taeyeon

“Yoorim’s umma looks beautiful!!” Yoorim told her mom

“I’m not really comfortable in this kind of outfit…” said the uncomfortable Yoona.

“But you look beautiful!. Now let’s go, I’ll take you to the salon for your hair and make-up!” Khun said

“I think I’m okay like this…” Yoona said shyly

“It’s your birthday, and I think you deserved to look beautiful” he smile.

“Let’s go!” He said as he held her hand and took her out to his car.

“Yoorim, listen to your aunt!! Don’t cause any trouble! Umma will be back soon!.” Yoona told Yoorim as Khun walked her out to the car.

“Yoorim will~ Goodbye umma~” Yoorim waved to her mom.

After Khun and Yoona left, Taeyeon asked Yoorim…

“Yoorim, do you like Khun appa?”

“I like Khun appa!”

“Do you want Khun appa to stay with Yoorim and Yoorim's umma?”

“I want Khun appa to stay!” said Yoorim with a smile

“You seem to like him a lot! That’s a good sign!” Taeyeon looked at Yoorim, “Okay, now we need to go to the radio station!.”

“We go to the radio station!!!” said Yoorim in excitement.

 

---

Meanwhile, Taecyeon and his girlfriend were on their way driving to a dinner date, he already had an apointement with his friends and today is for them to introduce their girlfriends.

“I’ll turn on the radio” said Taecyeon

“Hello. It’s now 9PM, thank you for tuning to Taeyeon’s Chin Chin radio. This is Kim Taeyeon. How was your day today?. First of all, today is my sister’s birthday so I would like to wish her a happy birthday. Also, her daughter is here with me today and she wanted to say something to her mom…”

“Yoona umma, happy birthday to you. Yoorim loves you very much. Yoorim hope that umma will always dressed pretty like today. Have a nice day with Khun appa! I love you!”

“Ah~ that was very nice of you, Yoorim. This is DJ Taeyeon and we’re now back to the first corner of Chin Chin radio…..”

“Yoorim? And Yoona?” Taecyeon thought…”What a coincident” he said

“What coincident?” his girlfriend asked

“Oh, nothing. We’re almost there.”

 

----

At a fancy restaurant…

“Hey Taec! Over here!!” yelled Junho

“Hey!! Wow really long time no see” said Taecyeon

“Yea, we’ve been busy with life! Is that your girlfriend?” asked Wooyoung

“Yes, let me introduce, this is Jiwon” said Taecyeon

“Hello” Jiwon smiled

“Nice to meet you~” the guys said

“But I still think the girl from 5 years ago is prettier” teased Chansung

“Hey, don’t say those kind of stuffs in front of my girlfriend.” frowned Taecyeon

“Okay, okay~ I’m just kidding! Don’t take it serious dude!” Chansung laughed.

The boys introduced their girfriends to each other and went ahead to order the food.

 

---

“Khun, I don’t feel comfortable…I never have this much make-up on my face, and I’m not used to this curly hair…my hair is usually just straight down…” complained Yoona

“Don’t worry, you look good! Look at all the people around, they can’t keep their eyes off you!” Khun smiled.

But it’s true. By the time Yoona got off the car to walk to the restaurant, all eyes had been on her. If no one mentioned that she has a child, no one would ever knows.

“Sir, how many people?” asked the servant

“Two people please, thank you!” said Khun

The servant led them to a nice table near the windows. What Yoona didn’t notice was that Taecyeon and his friends’ table was also near, just separated by a wall. Finally, their first meeting after 5 years might just happen right at this restaurant, on her birthday.

“What would you like?” asked Khun

“I don’t know…the food are so expensive!!” Yoona whispered

“It’s my treat! Feel free to call anything you want!” Khun laughed

“Then you call, I really don’t know. All the names are unfamiliar to me” Yoona said, “I’ll go to the washroom for a bit” 

 

---

Taecyeon and friends’ table

“I’ll go to the washroom for a bit, I’ll be back” Taecyeon said

Taecyeon got up and walked straight to the washroom. On the other side, Yoona was also on her way to the washroom. Maybe it’s fate, they bumped into each other. Yoona lost her balance because of the heels she wore.

“Miss, are you okay? I’m so sorry!” Taecyeon said while grabbed her hands and helped her get back her balance.

“I’m okay, thank you so…” Yoona didn’t even get to finish her words but their eyes already met. They looked at each other for a moment…

“Y..You…are…Yoona?” Taecyeon stuttered

“Sorry, I think you got the wrong person.” Yoona put her head down as she tried to walk away.Taecyeon held onto her wrist.

“I know it’s you. It’s your voice!” Taecyeon said to Yoona.

“No, you really got the wrong person. Please let me go!” Yoona looked away

“You think I can forget about you after 5 years? You may look a little different but I still can recognize you!” Taecyeon said as he still held onto her wrist.

“…Let me go. I’m not the one you’re talking about…” Yoona said

“Yoona, it’s you! Even though we didn’t spent much time together but that night…” Taecyeon couldn’t finish because Yoona slapped him across the face.

“…You dare to mentioned?” Yoona said with anger

“…I…”

By that time, Taecyeon’s friends and Khun all ran out to see what happened.

“My God, it’s her…” the guys said, while Taecyeon’s girlfriend was still clueless.

“What happened Yoona?” Khun asked, worried.

“Khun, please let’s go. I don’t want to stay.” cried Yoona

“This guy bullied you?” Khun asked Yoona about Taecyeon

“No, just go!” Then Yoona ran out of the restaurant.

“Yoona, wait!!” Khun gave Taecyeon one last look then went after Yoona.

“She’s even more beautiful than 5 years ago” said Wooyoung

“Dude, are you okay?” Junho asked Taecyeon

“I’m okay, I guess she still hates me after all these years” Taecyeon answered while looking out at the restaurant’s door.

“Oppa, who’s her!!!” his girlfriend asked.

“No one” he answered.

“She can’t be no one!! I saw you grabbed her wrist!!!” his girlfriend whined.

“I said no one!!!” he yelled. “I’m sorry. I think we should just get back eat.”

 

---

Outside the restaurant…

“Wait, Yoona! wait!!” Khun yelled as he tried to catch up with her.

“Who’s that guy? “ he asked, curious

“I don’t want to talk about him” Yoona still crying

“…”

“…He’s Yoorim’s father right?” Khun asked Yoona.

“He’s….” Yoona held her face and cried.

“I’m sorry that you have to see him on your birthday. I’m sorry…” then Khun hugged Yoona.

“Now, let’s get you home. I don’t think you want to out anymore”. Yoona looked at Khun and nodded. They got into the car and Khun drove her home. 

 

---

Khun dropped Yoona at her house

“Thank you Khun, I can go back inside by myself” Yoona said to Khun.

“Then, I’ll go. Happy birthday, and goodnight~” Khun said sweetly to Yoona.

“Thank you for today, goodnight!” then she walked in.

Taeyeon and Yoorim already asleep when Yoona reached home. She went into Yoorim’s room and sat by Yoorim’s bed. She looked at her daughter peacefully asleep, and placed a kiss on her daughter’s head.

“Yoorim ah…today umma met Yoorim’s appa again…” she said to Yoorim.

“Yoorim’s appa still made umma cried…” then she continued “Umma is afraid that someday he will find out this secret…” she said as her tears dropped...