Looking for Ian

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

The three of them finished their ice creams. Taecyeon went to the parking to get the car, left Yoona and Yoorim waiting in the ice cream store. Yoona saw someone walking toward them, and it was no other than Jiwon, Taecyeon’s ex-girlfriend. Yoorim realized it was the lady she dislikes so she hid behind Yoona, while her two big round eyes were still on Jiwon.

“So the relationship between you guys is not so bad after all…” Jiwon smirked, “Even went on an ice cream date!”

“Sorry, but we’re not like what you’re thinking…” said Yoona

“Don’t pretend that you’re oh-so innocent. If you are, you wouldn’t had a daughter with him” Jiwon pointed at Yoorim, who was scared and held onto Yoona’s hand.

“Please lower your voice, this is in the public!!” said the irritated Yoona

“You’re afraid that they will know you got a daughter before getting married?” Jiwon laughed, “But I wonder how many times did you try”

“You…” the angry Yoona couldn’t say a word

“That’s enough!” Taecyeon said as he walked into the ice cream store.

“You’re back” Jiwon glared

“You and me are over, and Yoona has nothing to do with it, so don’t ever bother her again.” Taecyeon warned Jiwon

“What!!” Jiwon gasped, “Why do you keep clinging to her? Are you even sure the girl is yours? Haven you even taken the DNA test yet?? What if she wasn’t your daughter, then you’re just raising somebody else’s product all these times”

“Nonsene!” Taecyeon glared, then he turned to Yoona and said, “Let’s go, don’t worry about her” but Yoona already got teary.

“I have something to say…” said Yoona, “First, I have absolutely no relationship with this person so please don’t link me with him, don’t drag me into your childish argument. Second, do not insult my daughter. She’s not a thing, or a product. She’s my gift from above. Third, please watch your mouth because this is out in the public, and please don’t bark in front of me because I can only understand human language.” Yoona bit her lips.

Jiwon got mad and raised her hand up, about to slap Yoona across the face but Taecyeon held Jiwon back by grabbing her wrist and stopped her.

“Do.not.touch.her!” said Taecyeon, “Stop acting like this because I don’t have time to deal with your childish act!”

“Yoona, let’s go!” Taecyeon grabbed Yoona’s hand but she shook it off. She took Yoorim outside and Taecyeon ran after her.

On the way back to Yoona’s house, no one said a word. Finally Yoona asked Taecyeon to take Yoorim with him today, because she had something to do.

“Please help me watch her today…” Yoona requested

“Sure” said Taecyeon

Yoona walked out of the car and tried to open the house’s door.

“Yoona, I’m sorry for today” Taecyeon apologized.

Yoona stopped what she was doing for a moment, she sighed, then opened the door and walked inside without giving him a single look.

“Umma is unhappy!” Yoorim said

“I know…” Taecyeon said

“All because of that bad lady!! She made umma sad!” Yoorim pouted

“Appa will try to make umma happy again, alright? Now let’s go to appa’s house!” then Taecyeon drove off.

 

---

Since the day the memories about Ian came back to Yoona, her life was never the same again. She thought about him frequently. She missed him. He played a big part in her early life, and she was convinced that no one would be as good to her as Ian. Yoona decided to go to the orphanage to do some investigation.

“Nanny!” Yoona called out her nanny

“Oh my Yoona!” Her nanny gave her a hug then asked, “What made you come here?”

“Nanny, I came to ask about Ian…Do you remember him? The boy that came here often during the summer of 1993, and I taught him Korean…Do you remember?” Yoona asked

“Oh you mean that boy, Mrs. Ok’s son right?”

“I’m not sure about his mom’s name…”

“Yes, it’s Mrs. Ok, their last name is not a common last name so I remember”

“Another Ok!” Yoona thought, but without any question about the last name, she went ahead and asked her nanny another question. 

“Nanny, are you by any chance still in contact with him? After the accident he just disappeared!” Yoona asked

“Unfortunately I’m not, Yoona. I did hear that they stayed in Seoul after the accident, but we lost contact with the family.”

“So there’s no way to find him now?”

“My sweetheart, do you believe in fate? If you do, one day you will get to meet him again.”

“Nanny…” Yoona said with tears in her eyes.

“Come here, let me give you a hug!” her nanny said as she opened her arms and hugged Yoona tight, just like how she used to do whenever Yoona cried about Ian after he left.

“He will appear, soon…” the nanny comforted Yoona.

 

---

Yoona’s P.O.V 

I don’t know why I’m thinking about him. I don’t even know what he looks like right now. The image I have of him in my head is a little boy from 18 years ago…, the little boy that would do anything for me…I wonder how is his life now? Is he in a relationship or not? But so what if we really get to meet again? I have Yoorim; he probably has his own girlfriend, so why do I care? Yoona yah! Stop thinking!! Yoorim birthday is on this Sunday; I should be worry about that!

I was walking back to the subway station, and then suddenly a man approached me. He looks familiar, but I don’t remember where I’ve seen him. He seemed to know me though, because he greeted me with my name.

“Hello miss Yoona~ you’re all grown up!” the man said to me

“S…sorry, do I know you?” I asked him

“Definitely! But I can’t tell you who I am…” he said

That scared me for a little, I don’t know this man, yet he knows me but refused to tell me his identity.

“Then…what do you want?” I asked him

“You’re looking for Ian, aren’t you?” He asked me, which caught me off guard. This man, he knows Ian!!

“You know him? You know where he is right now?” I quickly asked him, hoping that he will give me the answer I’ve been looking for.

“Sorry, but I can’t tell you much about him.” He told me.

Again, who is this man? Why is he so mysterious?

“Why can’t you tell me?” I asked him

“It’s a promise that I’ve made. I can only tell you that he’s here in Seoul, and he’s doing good” the man smiled to me.

I was really happy to hear that. He’s doing well! Now I know he’s safe…that’s all I want to know!

“Why did you come to see me then?” I asked him, curious about his reason...

“Because I know he’s important to you, as well as you’re important to him” 

I’m important to him? I thought to myself. He still remembers me! My heart was so happy that it could explode with happiness! But what are the chances of us meeting again? We don’t even know each other’s faces.

“So I just want to tell you that, don’t give up. You two will definitely meet again…once he get it back…” the man told me.

“Get it back?...get what?” I wondered…Then the man just laughed it off and he walked away. I asked for his name, but he didn’t answer me. Since he seemed to know Ian and me, I must have met him back then…

I looked down and held onto my necklace…smiled to myself, knowing that the day of our meeting won’t be too far away now. I know it!