One Step at a Time

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

Yoona looked at the picture of her and Ian with much grief. She couldn’t believe that she actually forgot about him, the boy that saved her life, and not until today that Ian suddenly came back to her mind.

“Don’t worry, a good person like him will live!” Taeyeon comforted Yoona.

“I wish I can meet him again…” said Yoona

“Yoona, you should just focus on the 2 men in your life right now, and not thinking of another!” said Taeyeon

“What men?”

“Taecyeon and Nichkhun!”

“I just see them as friends…”

“But they don’t see you as friends!” Taeyeon exclaimed. By then, they heard the doorbell rang.

“Coming!” said Taeyeon

“Taeyeon noona, it’s me Taecyeon, and Yoorim!” said Taecyeon

“Oh Taecyeon!” Taeyeon then opened the door. “Why you come over so early? You still can have Yoorim until tonight!”

“Is Yoona home?” Taecyeon asked

“Yes, it’s Sunday so she’s home.” said Taeyeon then she turned to Yoorim.

“Yoorim ah! Did you behave well?”

“Yoorim is a good girl!” Yoorim said

“Okay, come in!” Taeyeon invited Taecyeon into the house. Yoona was still at the table folding the pile of clothes.

“Umma!!” Yoorim yelled and ran to Yoona.

“Oh, Yoorim! You’re home early today!” Yoona said to Yoorim, then she looked up and saw Taecyeon.

“You don’t have to drop her off this early, she can stay with you until tonight, or another the day if you want” Yoona said to Taecyeon

Taecyeon couldn’t tell Yoona that the reason he came early was because he wanted to see her. He made up excuse and said that it was because they didn’t have any plans for today, so he wanted to bring Yoorim back to Yoona early. He prepared 2 movie tickets too, but he was unsure of how to ask her out for a date.

“We don’t have any plan for today so I decided to drop her off early.”

“Then Taecyeon, stay with us for lunch! I’m cooking right now!” Taeyeon yelled out from the kitchen that was not far from the dinning table. Taecyeon looked at Yoona as in he wanted to get her approval.

“Yeah, stay for lunch, since Taeyeon unnie invited you” said Yoona

“Thanks!” said Taecyeon

“Umma, Yoorim will go watch cartoon!” said Yoorim

“Okay, but don’t turn on the TV too loud. The neighbors are taking nap” Yoona reminded Yoorim while still folding clothes.

Taecyeon sat down at the table, across from Yoona. He saw all the pictures on the table.

“Are these your school pictures? I can spot you right away!” Taecyeon tried to talk to Yoona.

“Those pictures were taken at my orphanage.” said Yoona

“Orphanage?” Taecyeon surprised

“Yes, I was an orphan”

“Then Taeyeon noona is…?” Taecyeon asked

“She’s my adoptive sister”

Taecyeon figured out that by this time he shouldn’t ask her anymore about her past. But then he saw the picture of Yoona and Ian, he held up and looked at it…

“This picture…”

Right at that moment, Yoona snatched the picture out of his hand.

“Yoona, I’m sorry” Taecyeon apologized as he saw that Yoona was unhappy with him looking at the picture.

“I’m sorry Yoona, I didn’t mean to…”

Yoona didn’t say anything. Taecyeon felt bad so he went to the kitchen and asked Taeyeon to let him cook lunch, Taeyeon agreed because she knew what just happened. She went out and saw Yoona still staring at the picture.

“Don’t be so mean to him Yoona. Open your heart. You should forget about this Ian boy because he probably won’t even remember you now” said Taeyeon

“Unnie, I know he will…As long as I have this picture and this necklace…Someday when we meet again, he will remember me…” then Yoona slowly put the necklace around her neck.

Taecyeon could hear their conversation from the kitchen because it wasn’t too far from the dinning room. He wondered who is Ian.

“Yoorim ah, appa has a long way to go…” he sighed

About 20 minutes later, the food was ready. Yoona and Taeyeon didn’t know that he could cook so they were surprised at how good the food taste.

“Yoorim loves appa’s food!” Yoorim said to Taecyeon

“Thank you, Yoorim. Hope you enjoy the meal!” Taecyeon said to Yoorim.

“…Hope you enjoy it too, Yoona” Taecyeon said to Yoona.

“It’s delicious, thank you!” said Yoona

“How about me?” Taeyeon teased

“Oh Taeyeon noona, hope you enjoy the meal also!!”

“I’m just teasing!” Taeyeon laughed

 

After dinner, Yoona took Yoorim to the room for a nap. Taeyeon and Taecyeon had a talk by the bench outside the house.

“I didn’t know she was an orphan” said Taecyeon

“I heard my mom told me that her parents passed away when she was small. Her dad got into a plane accident while he was on his business trip, and she was still in her mom’s stomach at that time. She was born 2 months later, but her mom couldn’t deal with the grief so she took her own life. Before that, she placed Yoona at the orphanage’s door with just a paper stated Yoona’s name and birthday. Very tragic.” said Taeyeon

“I didn’t expect her to have such past.”

“So you mean my sister can’t match with a rich boy like you?”

“Oh no, I didn’t mean that!”

“I love my sister” Taeyeon said with such a loving smile on her face.

“Yoona was 7 and I was 9 when my mom told me that I will get to have a sister. My dad left us for another woman, so my mom and me were just all alone. I was very happy when my mom told me I would have a sister! Finally someone for me to play with!” she laughed

“2 months prior to the day we get to bring her home, the orphanage director allowed us to visit her every week so she could get use to us. The first thing I thought when I saw her was ‘What a tall kid!!’” she laughed again. “Since she was as big as me and I’m like 2 years older than her. We got along very well. She got an incredible personality and she was such a strong girl, had to go through so much in just her 7 years of life.”

“I can see that. She’s lucky to have you and your mom took her home” Taecyeon said

“We’re the lucky ones” Taeyeon smiled. “She blessed our family in so many ways. After she came home, the house was never the same again. Never a dull moment! What she loved to do the most was checking her height with me every month, because I would lose to her.” Taeyeon let out a loud laugh. Taecyeon also laughed along.

“She’s cute isn’t she?” Taeyeon asked Taecyeon and he blushed

“I know you like her. Nothing can pass this sister’s eyes!” said Taeyeon to Taecyeon

“I…like her but I don’t have the confident that she will like me back…” said Taecyeon

“Everything takes time, especially with my sister. She’s a stubborn little thing, but her heart is a soft one, so it’s not hard to melt. It will just take a little longer.” Taeyeon encouraged Taecyeon.

“How about you guys have a date night tonight? I’ll take care of Yoorim”

“Actually, I got 2 movie tickets…”

“Then what are you waiting for? Ask her out!”

“But I’m afraid she won’t accept”

“Don’t worry, you have me on your side, I’ll help!” Taeyeon smiled

“Then, thanks noona” Taecyeon smiled back

“Okay, wait for her to get up from the nap then let her know. I’ll go inside to finish cleaning.”

Taeyeon walked inside the house, left Taecyeon still sitting at the bench. He opened his wallet and took out 2 movie tickets, thinking of what should he say so that she will agree to go. Then he looked over at the picture inside his wallet. It was a picture of him, Yoona and Yoorim. The picture was from the outing day. They didn’t have any family picture taken on that day, but Taecyeon took the pictures and edited them in photoshop so that he could have a picture of just the 3 of them.

“We need a proper picture, my editing skill is not so good” he laughed.

 

About 40 minutes later...

“Taecyeon! She’s awake!” Taeyeon called Taecyeon

Yoona came out of the room while Taecyeon walked in the house. They faced each other…

“Yoona…I have…2 movie tickets that my friend gave me. Would you like to go and see it with me tonight?” Taecyeon asked sincerely.

“Sorry…but I don’t think I can go…Yoorim…” Yoona tried to give him an excuse but Taeyeon didn’t let her finish.

“I will take care of Yoorim tonight. We haven’t had our date night for a long time. I’ll take Yoorim out tonight. You should go with him. “ Taeyeon told Yoona.

“Unnie…I…” then Yoona got cut off by Taeyeon again.

“I’ll go in and see Yoorim” Taeyeon said, and as she passed Yoona, she whispered, “Give him a chance”.

Yoona looked up at Taecyeon, who was nervously holding 2 movie tickets in his hand. She thought for awhile, then she took 1 ticket off his hand and said to him, “It better be a good movie, or I’ll not be interested.”