The Proposal

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

The day that Yoorim had been waiting for finally came. She patiently waited for Taecyeon and his friends by the porch. She jumped up as she heard the sound of the tires rolling closer. “Umma! Appa is here!!” she exclaimed with joy.

Taecyeon arrived with his friends in two cars. They helped the girls load the stuffs and they were ready to go. The ski resort was just a little outside of Seoul city. They had their grand opening today and there would be a Christmas Eve parade. Yoorim was really excited about that.

“Appa, how about Santa Clause? Will he comes to see me tonight?” Yoorim sprung up from her seat and asked Taecyeon.

“Yoorim ah, appa is driving, sit down!” said Yoona.

“Appa, what about Santa Clause!”

“Are you a good girl this year?” Taecyeon asked Yoorim

“I’m a good girl!” Yoorim proudly said

“Then you will definitely see him at the parade tonight!”

“I really want to see him. I want to ask him for something…”

“What are you going to ask him?” Taecyeon asked

“I can’t tell you appa!” she laughed, “But it’s something that I really want!! Like really really want!!”

The ride took about two hours. They reached the ski resort at around three in the evening. After checked in, Taecyeon secretly asked the boys to keep the girls occupied at night so that he could be alone with Yoona.

“Also, can you guys help me taking Yoorim out to see Santa at the parade later on?” Taecyeon requested

“Sure Taec, no problem! We will take care of it, and good luck!!” said Wooyoung.

Tonight was not just any Christmas Eve. It was an important night.

---

“Where is everyone?” Yoona curious

“They’re out to see the parade at 11pm” said Taecyeon

“Should we go and join them? They will suspect if we’re the only two that are missing” Yoona then proceed to go to the door but Taecyeon blocked her with his arm.

“Stay with me” he said, and pulled her in for a hug.

“Oppa…”

“I have something to tell you…” he pulled out and looked straight into her eyes, “Let’s come and sit by the fireplace. It’s cold here near the door.”

Taecyeon lit up the fireplace. It was quite a romantic scene, with the Christmas tree and all. They sat face to face in front of the fireplace. The warmness drew them closer to each other.

“This is our first Christmas together” he said

“Yes, the very first” she replied

“So what did you think of me when we first met again? 

“You were pretty much a jerk”

“I wasn’t! I was trying to save your life!”

“As well as gave me a child!” she elbowed him

“Sorry, I was wrong…but have you ever regret?” he asked

“Actually…no…because I can’t imagine life without Yoorim…”

“Me too…and I want to make up for all these year I wasn’t beside you two.”

“You’re doing a good job now!” she praised him

“But there’s still one more thing I need to do.”

Taecyeon looked at Yoona in the eyes…

“Close your eyes” he said. He then walked over to the Christmas tree and pulled out a nicely wrapped present. Placed it on her hands, he told her to open her eyes. 

“A present?” Yoona asked

“Yea, open it!”

“Why are you so mysterious!!”

Yoona slowly opened the present. She was somewhat nervous. Perhaps she was expecting something.

“A shirt?” she surprised

“I bought it with Yoorim a long time ago. We have it too! But of course ours said ‘Father’ and ‘Daughter’, while yours said ‘Mother’” he laughed

“You were afraid to give it to me at that time?” she joked

“I couldn’t even talk to you that much. You seemed so distant…” he said, “But anyway, what’s dad plus mom pus daughter equal to?” he asked

“Equal to…a family?” Yoona started to get confused.

Taecyeon held Yoona’s hands and helped her to get up. By the moment they both stood up, Taecyeon got on his knee and pulled out a ring, completely caught Yoona by surprise.

“Would you marry me?” he proposed.

“I—“ she was speechless

“I want to be with you in this life. I want to protect and take care of you for the rest of my life. You are very strong Yoona. I don’t know how could you do it for the past years alone. Thank you for giving me the greatest gift in the world. I hope you know how important and special you are to me. Promise me, even when the sky comes falling, and even when the sun don't shine, our family will still be together…”

Held her hand tight, he asked once again…

“Would you marry me?”

A million things were running through her mind right at that moment. She didn’t know how to response to him. Suddenly the door opened and Taeyeon cut in…

“Come one Yoona, say yes!!!”

Next was Wooyoung

“Sorry Taec, the parade ended earlier than I thought…we kind of heard your proposal…” he scratched his head

“Say yes Yoona!!” the girls yelled

She took one look at the ring and looked at Taecyeon, who was still kneeling with the ring on his hand, then asked him a question.

“Are you being serious?”

“Yes, I am. I never been this serious before.” He answered

She looked over at Yoorim, who was standing beside Taeyeon, and asked Yoorim a question.

“Yoorim, what do you think?”

“I think Santa is granting my wish!” she giggled.

Yoona smiled at Yoorim and she looked back at Taecyeon. She bended down and gave him a peck on the lips.

“You better remember what you said!”

The whole room screamed with joy for the two of them. “Merry Christmas! And congratulations!!!” they yelled

Taecyeon went ahead and put the ring on Yoona’s finger. It was such a special moment for both of them.

“Thank you, my wife.” he said

“I’m not yet your wife!” she playfully hit him on the shoulder. He caught her hand and pulled her in for a kiss. She closed her eyes and soaked in the moment.  

“Saranghae…” he said as he hugged her tight.