Yoorim’s Birthday Party

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

Taecyeon's P.O.V.

These days I’ve gotten quite a few of those dream, you know those repeated dreams that seemed like I’ve been there, seen it before. I saw myself as a little boy, and there were a lot of children around me. There was a little girl, she was always next to me, but somehow I can’t see her face clearly. I seemed attached to her. Then my mom came and took me away. I heard the little girl cried, and I did too. My mom took me to some place; it was really dark. She then just left me there and went away, with another kid that looked pretty much just like me. I cried and cried but she never comes back. I cried until I woke up.

I dreamt about it at least twice per week nowadays. I wonder is there any meaning behind that? Why did my mom left me and went away with another child? This is so confusing!

Whenever I tried to think about the dream, it will give me headache. Could it be about my childhood which I don’t remember a thing? My mom said I got a high fever when I was young and somehow my memory got affected by it, so every year she would make me go for a brain check up. It would be nice if I could know more about my childhood…

 

---

By then, Taecyeon’s phone rang, and it was from Yoona.

“Hi, are you ready? We’re coming over in an hour.” said Yoona

“Oh…yea, everything…is ready! See you in an hour!” Taecyeon nervously said.

As soon as Yoona hang up, Taecyeon rushed down stairs and asked his maids for help.

“Hurry, hurry up!! I fell asleep yesterday without putting up the decoration! Hurry up and help me, we only have 1 hour” Taecyeon asked for help, then he took out his phone and called his friends.

“Hey, Junho! Remember today is my daughter’s birthday so don’t forget to come! Tell the other guys too!” said Taecyeon

“Alright!! You’ve been saying that for the whole week already!. The other guys are with me, we’re about to come over!” said Junho

“Anyone else come??” Wooyoung asked from the back

“Well, Yoona’s sister and friends. You guys met them before”

“We’re coming over right away!!” Wooyoung laughed

“Then hurry up! I need help with the decorations!”

 

---

The guys arrived about 15 minutes later and they helped Taecyeon with the decoration. Yoorim, Yoona and the girls also arrived just right after the decoration was finished.

“Umma!! So pretty!!!” Yoorim yelled in excited as she saw the sight of the decoration for her birthday. There were balloons everywhere, and of course they’re in pink, her favorite color.

The guys and the girls greeted and they were off to arrange the food and drinks. Yoona took Yoorim inside to change her outfit while Taecyeon took care of the homemade cake Yoona brought.

Yoorim later walked out in a white dress, just like a little princess. Everyone yelled, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yoorim!!”

Yoorim had the biggest grin on her face. She felt special, because today is her birthday after all. Yoona watched Yoorim as she walked out and couldn’t help to think back to 6 years ago, when Yoorim was just a little tiny baby. This year’s birthday was different than other years to Yoorim and Yoona, because this was the first year Taecyeon actually celebrated it with them.

“Appa!!!” Yoorim called Taecyeon, “Appa, how do I look?”

“You look beautiful! My little princess!” Taecyeon told Yoorim

“Then appa will be my prince?” Yoorim asked

“So Yoorim wants appa to be your prince?” Taecyeon laughed

“Yes, please!! Because Yoorim loves appa very much!” she kissed Taecyeon on the check. What could be sweeter than a daughter wanted her dad to be her prince? Taecyeon was filled with happiness because he now knows that their relationship was at the peek. Taecyeon held Yoorim’s hand, and Yoorim held Yoona’s hand. The three of them walked toward the cake table.

“Yoorim ah!! Happy birthday!!” Taeyeon yelled from the side

“Happy birthday, Yoorim!!” The guys and girls yelled.

Yoorim climbed up on the chair, with the cake in front of her. Yoona put on a birthday hat for her while Taecyeon lit up the birthday candles.

“1,2,3,4,5,6…6 candles!! Yoorim is 6 years old!!” she said in excitement

“Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday dear Yoorim,

Happy birthday to you!!” they all sang.

“Yoorim, make a wish!” said Yoona

Yoorim clapped her hands and made a wish.

“I wish that umma will love appa as much as Yoorim love appa, then appa can be umma’s prince!” she wished in her head then went ahead and blew the candles.

“What is your wish?” Taecyeon asked.

“It’s a secret!!” Yoorim winked at Taecyeon, made him chuckled.

“Now~~ for a family picture!!” Junsu said in an accent caused everyone laughed out loud.

Taecyeon lifted up Yoorim, and Yoona hesitantly stood next to them for a family picture.

“Smile!! Yoona, smile!!!” Sooyoung yelled

“Umma~ smile!!” Yoorim said as she put her two little fingers on the corners of Yoona’s lips, trying to make her mom smile.

“Okay, okay!” said Yoona. She smiled at Yoorim and asked, “Like this?”

“If you're stressed, you get pimples. If you cry, you get wrinkles. So just smile and get dimples. I read that online.” Taecyeon said to Yoona

“Plus, your smile is beautiful. Smile more often! Like this!” and then Taecyeon smiled to Yoona, which made her blush.

“Look here, and smile!” said Junsu, still with an accent. He was trying to make everyone laugh.

“Yoorim, now say what I taught you!” Taecyeon told Yoorim

“Okay, 1…2…3!” Junsu counted

“CHEESE!!!” Taecyeon and Yoorim both said

“What a beautiful picture” Taeyeon clapped her hands and adored the beautiful scene right in front of her.

Yoona was surprised to hear the ‘cheese’, because it was something Ian taught her to say.

“Yoorim, what did you just said?” Yoona asked

“Cheese! Appa taught me that! Say ‘cheese’ whenever I’m taking picture!”

“It’s a word that when you say it, your mouth will form a smile. Kids in America do that a lot for the pictures” Taecyeon explained

“You…used to live in America?” Yoona asked

“Yea, my mom said when I was small we stayed in America, but after I got sick, I stayed in Seoul ever since…only visited it maybe once a year. Why?”

“Oh, nothing. I was just curious…”

“Yoorim ah, let’s go swimming! Guys, let’s go swimming!” said Taecyeon

“Okay!!!”

“Yoona, do you want to join?” Taecyeon asked

“I don’t know how to swim…so you guys have fun~ I’ll go and cut the cake” said Yoona.

Everyone went inside to change to his or her swimming suits; Yoona was left outside the swimming area. Suddenly, a car parked outside Taecyeon’s house…

“So this is his house?” said Nichkhun as his car’s window rolled down.

“Yes, oppa…and that girl right there, she stole him from me!!” said Jiwon, who was sitting next to Khun in the car.

“Jiwon, which girl?” asked Khun

“There, she’s cutting something!” Jiwon pointed at Yoona, who was cutting the birthday cake. They could see her through the fence, and Khun realized it was Yoona.

“Wow, cousin, don’t tell me you love that Ian guy…I mean Ok Taecyeon”

“How do you know his name? You know him?” Jiwon surprised

“Of course, that’s my girl!” he pointed at Yoona.

“You like her? God, what happened to men these days, why they only like her!” Jiwon complained

“So why do you dragged me here for?” Khun asked

“So that you can help me. Seems like they’re having some kind of party today, let’s ruin it!” Jiwon suggested

“Do it by yourself, I’m not free.” Khun refused

“Oppa!!! Why? Because you like her? She doesn’t like you back anyway! So why care!!” Jiwon whined

“I’m leaving.” said Khun

“Fine! I’m going to do it by myself! But I want to tell you oppa, that girl, you probably won’t be able to get her. Taecyeon oppa is charming; she won’t be able to escape his charm.”

“Do whatever you want, but don’t dare to hurt her” Khun warned Jiwon

“Let’s go, Minjae” Khun rolled his window up and Minjae drove off.

“Whatever, I’m going to teach her a lesson today!” said Jiwon

She headed to the gate; the securities let her in because they recognized her as Taecyeon’s girlfriend. They didn’t know that Jiwon and Taecyeon already broke up.

“Someone’s birthday today?” Jiwon asked

Yoona was startled by the voice; she turned around and saw Jiwon stood behind her.

“How…how did you get in here?” asked the shocked Yoona

“Well, they known me as Taecyeon’s oppa girlfriend” Jiwon smirked

“I asked, someone’s birthday today?”

“My daughter…”

“Oh…it was the day that illegitimate child was born, huh?” Jiwon laughed

“I already told you not to insult my daughter.” Yoona’s voice became serious.

“I already told Taecyeon oppa that it’s not his child, why won’t he believe me! It’s like you bewitched him or something~”

“Please leave, my daughter probably won’t want to see you”

“You can’t bear to hear those word?”

“Because I don’t bark…” said Yoona 

Jiwon slapped Yoona across the face. Yoona put her hand on her cheek, in shock.

“Last time he was there, and I couldn’t slap you, now I finally could” Jiwon smirked

“You’re too much…” said the angry Yoona

“One last one then I’m going…” Jiwon walked closer to Yoona

“What do you want?” Yoona stepped backward as Jiwon got closer

“Nothing, I just want you to…have fun swimming!” then Jiwon pushed Yoona down the pool, without knowing that Yoona doesn’t know how to swim.

“…Help!!” Yoona tried to yell for help, "I can't...swim...help!" Her body was sunking. 

“Ian…help…me!!” Yoona cried

 

---

Flashback to 18 years ago…

“Nanny, nanny! Yoona fell down the river!” Khun ran inside the orphanage asked for help

“Oh my God, what happened??” the nanny panicked

“She dropped her notebook down the river and she fell when she tried to get it!”

“I’ll go get her” said Ian, who had listened to the whole story.

He ran as fast as he could out to the river. He saw little Yoona was hanging on a rock, desperately needed help.

“YOONA!! Don’t worry, I’m coming to save you!!!” Ian yelled

 

---

“Ian…I need…you…please come…and…save me…” Yoona thought as she slowly sank.

Yoorim walked out just to see her mom struggling down in the pool.

“UMMA!!! Umma!!!” Yoorim cried

“APPA!! APPA!! Umma, the pool!!” Yoorim ran in to call Taecyeon

“What happened, Yoorim?” Taecyeon asked

“Appa, umma is at the pool!!!” Yoorim cried. Without Yoorim saying any more word, Taecyeon rushed out to the pool only to see Jiwon stood there, with a scared face; and Yoona was in the pool, not moving.

Taecyeon jumped right into the pool, swam to where Yoona was. He dived down and lifted her body up. He held her head up over the water and swam in. By then, everyone ran outside to see what was happening. The boys helped Taecyeon carried Yoona out of the pool and lay her down the ground.

“Yoona!!!!!” Taeyeon cried

“Umma!!!!!” Yoorim cried

“Looks like you need to perform CPR, Taecyeon” said Junho

“Who did this to my sister??” Taeyeon asked, and then looked up to Jiwon. “YOU?”

“Taecyeon, hurry!!” the guys urged

“You’re death, woman!!” Taeyeon said to Jiwon as she ran over and grabbed Jiwon’s hair

“You dared to hurt my sister!!” Taeyeon yelled at Jiwon. “Girls, come!!”. Sooyoung, Yuri, Seohyun, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Tiffany ran over to help Taeyeon. They were having a fight.

In the midst of that fight, Taecyeon was trying to save Yoona. First he tried chest compressions but that doesn’t work; so he pinched her nose, put his lips over hers, and blew. He did it several times and finally, Yoona coughed out water.

“You’re okay, you’re okay!!!” Taecyeon cried, as he held her up and hugged her. “You’re safe! I’m glad you’re safe!!”

Yoona slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she asked him was,

“Ian…Ian, is that you???” Yoona cried. 

 

 

 

=============

 

Bonus

 

Yoorim's picture on her birthday :)