Childhood promise

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

The next morning Yoona woke up early and came down to the kitchen to cook breakfast for Yoorim and Taecyeon. Last night, she only managed to get a few hours of sleep by resting her head next to Yoorim on the bed. The maids were surprised when they saw her walked down the stairs, and even more surprised to see her walked to the kitchen and started to cook.

“Miss…We’ll do it, this is our job…and since you’re a guest…” said one of the maids

“Don’t worry, I think my daughter prefer my breakfast so let me cook” Yoona smiled to the maids then went ahead with her cooking

 “D…daughter? So she’s the mother?” the maids whispered to each other with curiousity. 

 

---

The sunshine shone through the window and woke Taecyeon. He noticed the towel on his forehead as it fell down when he tried to get up. He looked at it and the flashback of yesterday’s night flashed through him. He remembered watching Yoona, as she took care of Yoorim and somehow he fell asleep. Taecyeon then looked at Yoorim and checked on her, glad to found out that her temper went down. Yoorim opened her eyes and looked at Taecyeon…

“Yoorim ah, are you feeling alright?” Taecyeon asked in a tenderly voice

“Yoorim is okay.” Yoorim answered

“You can’t play with Maeumi anymore, or else you will get sick again.” Taecyeon said to Yoorim, and she was sad after she heard that.

“You can watch Maeumi from inside the house because you can see the backyard through the glass doors.” Taecyeon tried to encourage Yoorim

“Cheer up! Maeumi will still be here with us! Now let’s go brush our teeth and come down for breakfast!” said Taecyeon

Taecyeon and Yoorim brushed their teeth then came down for breakfast. He was surprised to see Yoona cooking in the kitchen…

 “You guys are awake? The food is almost ready!” said Yoona. Taecyeon looked at the maids with confusion. Yoona saw it and told him that she wanted to cook.

“Don’t misunderstand, just that I want to cook breakfast for Yoorim, so I thought I should as well just cook for you.” said Yoona as she handed him the dish.

“Here Yoorim, for you~” Yoona put the dish in front of Yoorim.

“Nothing special, just eggs and sausages, but its Yoorim’s favorite.” Yoona said to Taecyeon.

“And a glass of milk~” she smiled and handed the two glasses of milk to them. Yoona took off the apron and joined them at the table, she pulled out the chair and sat next to Yoorim.

“Jalmokketsumnida~~ Let’s eat” Yoorim said.

“Thanks for the breakfast…” Taecyeon awkwardly said to Yoona.

“No problem. Let’s eat.” Yoona awkwardly answered back.

In the mid of their breakfast, they heard the doorbell. The maids went to open the door and Jiwon came again. She walked into the house and saw the three of them eating breakfast.

“Why don’t you answer my phone? And who’s this girl?” Jiwon asked angrily

“She’s…”

“It’s my umma! Why are you here again?” Yoorim cut Taecyeon and didn’t let him finish.

“Yoorim, that’s not nice!” Yoona told her daughter.

“Hello…I’m sorry for her behavior” Yoona apologized

“So you’re cheating on me with this girl?” Jiwon asked Taecyeon

“Don’t say nonsense stuffs! I’m just…friend with her…” Taecyeon told Jiwon.

“Then what is this? You three look like a happy family having breakfast!” Jiwon whined.

“Go out side, we need to talk” said the annoyed Taecyeon. He grabbed Jiwon wrist and dragged her outside the house while Yoona and Yoorim stared.

“Umma, why is that lady keep coming and looking for ajussi? I don’t like her!” Yoorim pouted.

“Yoorim~, she’s appa’s girlfriend.” Yoona said to Yoorim. “Even though he’s Yoorim’s appa, but umma and appa are not together so Yoorim’s appa is allowed to have girlfriend.”

“…But I still don’t like her” Yoorim said with a sad face.

“Yoorim ah, then just stay away whenever she’s here to see appa. Just promise umma that you will behave like a good girl okay? Umma doesn’t want to see Yoorim being rude.”

“Okay umma…”

“Then umma will go now, aunt Taeyeon is waiting for umma at the bakery.” Yoona then kissed Yoorim goodbye, proceeded out the door then went to the bakery. However, she managed to take a look at Taecyeon and Jiwon ouside as she left.

 

---

Outside at the garden with Taecyeon and Jiwon…

“Why did you come again?” Taecyeon asked

“Because you didn’t pick up my phone!!!” Jiwon yelled

“Then can you be more nice? How can you talked to her with that attitude?”

“Huh~ so now you’re on her side? Just that she gave you a daughter then now you’re abandoning me? What kind of is that? She doesn’t look like someone that is from a wealthy family. How much did you paid her to bear that child of yours?”

“You’re too much…” said the angry Taecyeon

“Look at you, so what I said was right?”

“Go…”

“Go what! I’m not finish!!”

“Just because our moms know each other and put us on a blind date back then doesn’t mean that you will be my wife later on and be bossing around!. Now go! I don’t want to see you and hear your voice!”

“You…OK TAECYEON!! Right…let me tell you, you will regret this!” and Jiwon left with much anger.

Taecyeon went back to the house only to discover that Yoona had left.

“Where did she go?” Taecyeon asked the maids.

“Umma went back to the bakery.” said Yoorim.

Taecyeon looked down to the half finished dish and thought to himself…

”She didn’t even finish her breakfast…” He let out a sigh and looked out at the doors.

 

---

Yoona arrived at the bakery and saw Khun already there waiting for her. She greeted him but the annoy feeling was still with her. Khun asked what happened and Yoona explained to him that Yoorim was sick. Though it was obviously that the presence of Taecyeon’s girlfriend annoyed her, interrupted their breakfast.

“Yoona, can you go with me to a place today?” Khun asked

“Where? But I don’t think I can since I still have to run the bakery…” Yoona answered

“Taeyeon noona, let me borrowed Yoona for today. Close the bakery and I’ll pay for the damage!” he said as he dragged Yoona out of the store.

“But…” said the confused Yoona

“Get on the car first, when we got there you’ll know” Khun smiled

Khun took Yoona to a place that was about 45 minutes away from Seoul. The area has a big church with many children.

“T…the orphanage?” Yoona asked when they finally got there.

“Yes…didn’t change much right?” Khun looked at her and smiled.

“Didn’t change at all…the church…the children…” Yoona said in tears.

“Let’s go in. I bet they will be surprise to see us all grown up now” Khun grabbed Yoona’s hand and they walked in.

The caretakers were very happy to see them. Some of the senior ones had left, some still stay, and some new ones joined. Yoona and Khun were happy to found their caretakers still there at the orphanage. They spent sometimes to play with the children and relived their childhood. Then they went out to the orphanage’s backyard. They found the old tree that they used to sit under to watch the clouds.

“It’s the tree!!” Yoona ran over and sat under it.

“I’m glad to see it still here~” said Khun as he proceeded to sit next to her.

Yoona closed her eyes and tried to feel the breeze that was blowing in her face. Khun looked at her dearly and he thought of their childhood. The memory under the tree when they were 7 years old flashed back…

“Yoona yah, when we got married, I’ll make sure to grow a big tree in our house, so we can watch clouds under the shade everyday!” Little Khun said to little Yoona

“Who says I’m going to marry you!” Little Yoona blushed

“I’ll carve my promise on this tree! When I see it again in the future, it’s when I’ll make it come true!” Little Khun said in confident.

Then the flashback ended. Khun look at the tree and what he carved were still there. He carved a tree, and two people each side of the tree. Under that he wrote ‘Khun♡Yoona’.

“So my promise is still there…” He smiled. He looked back at Yoona, who still had her eyes closed embracing the breeze with a smile.

“I wish I can see your smile like this everyday. Even though I got adopted into a wealthy family, but those days at the orphanage with you were the most happiness days of my life.” He thought to himself as he looked at her…

Then much to Yoona’s surprise, he gave her a kiss on the cheek. Yoona was embarrassed and didn’t know what to do.

“Silly~” he said as he rubbed her head.

 

 

------------------------

Sorry, not really a Taecyoon chapter ^^;;; (but I swear to you, I'm a Taecyoon shipper haha and I only ship Yoona with Taec, Taec with Yoona)......

as for updating, please be more patient and understanding since I can't update everyday (though I will try if I can!)

I'm thankful to all of you that are still here and read my fic until this chapter ^^ you guys are my big motivators <3

I can't wait until I get to Taecyoon's sweet scenes too haha xD