Bonding Time

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

Taecyeon and Yoorim were on their way back to Taecyeon’s house....

“Yoorim, are you hungry?” Taecyeon asked

“I’m not” Yoorim answered

“Then do you want to do anything now?”

Yoorim got quiet for a moment then she asked Taecyeon…

“Ajussi, do you have any dog at your place?”

“…Oh dog? Sorry but I don’t…Yoorim likes dog?”

“I like dog…but umma doesn’t allow me to have one…” Yoorim pouted

“Then how about we’re going to the park and see them?”

“Really? Yay!! We’re going to the park!” Yoorim yelled in excitement

When they got to the park, many families were there with their dogs. Some were for exercise; some were just for a fun picnic day at the park. Taecyeon and Yoorim found themselves a big tree with good shade. They sat under the tree and watched all the dogs passed by.

“Ajussi, look!! A white dog! Aww it’s so cute~~and that little one right there~~look!!” Yoorim was pointing and admiring all the dogs that passed by.

“You seem to really like them!” Taecyeon said.

“I love them!!” Yoorim told Taecyeon.

“How about we go to the store tomorrow and pick out one for you?” Taecyeon said to Yoorim with a smile

“You buy a dog for me?” Yoorim asked with her big innocent eyes

“Yes! I want to buy a dog for you!”

“But umma won’t be happy with that…”

“We can keep it as a secret~ the dog will stay at my house, so Yoorim can play with it anytime you come over!”

“Yoorim is getting a dog!! Wow! This is amazing!” Yoorim exclaimed. Taecyeon was relief to see Yoorim so excited.

“She’s not that hard to please,” he thought. They sat at the park for an hour then went back to Taecyeon’s house.

 

---

“Young master, you’re home~” the maids said

“Young master, who’s this child?” one of the maids asked

“Uhm…she’s my daughter. Please don’t let my parents know this. I will talk to them later. Thanks” Taecyeon requested

“Yes masters” the maids answered.

Taecyeon took Yoorim to his room. Yoorim was fascinated by everything in the house. From the big garden, big living room, big stair, to Taecyeon’s big room.

“Yoorim will sleep on this bed. Ajussi…uhm appa will sleep on the ground. Now drop your stuffs and let’s go down for lunch!” said Taecyeon.

After Yoorim dropped her stuffs at the room, Taecyeon took her down stair to the dinning room for their lunch. All the maids adored her and they couldn’t believe that the young master’s daughter is already five years old. Taecyeon’s girlfriend, Jiwon, called him in the middle of the lunch but Taecyeon didn’t pick it up. Taecyeon took Yoorim back to his room after they finished with their lunch. Yoorim sat on the bed and observed the room. She saw a picture of Taecyeon with one old man, one old woman and a man just a little older than Taecyeon.

“Who are they?” Yoorim asked

“Oh…they’re your grandparents, and uncle”

“Are they nice?”

“Yes, they’re very nice. I bet they will love you when they get to meet you.”

Next Yoorim saw the guitar next to Taecyeon’s bed…

“Ajussi, you play that?”

“Yes…do you want to hear it?”

“Yoorim wants to hear it!”

Then their day just passed by like that. The curious Yoorim asked about almost everything in the room. Taecyeon’s girlfriend called him several times too, but of course he was just too busy with Yoorim to pick up the phone. At night when they went down to eat dinner, his girlfriend was still calling. He left his phone at his room and didn’t bother to check it for the whole day.

 

---

“Yoorim, it’s time for bed” Taecyeon said

“I want a bedtime story!” then she pulled out her favorite books from her backpack.

“Which one do you want to hear today?” Taecyeon asked Yoorim

“I want Snow White!” Yoorim handed him the book. Taecyeon started to read the story to Yoorim, but he read the story in a dull monotone which Yoorim didn't like.

“Ajussi!! You have to act out the character!!” Yoorim complained

“Oh okay…Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of us all?” Taecyeon tried.

“No~ try again!”

“Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of us all?” Taecyeon said with witch – high pitch voice

“Haha that’s right!! Ajussi, continue!!” laughed Yoorim

Taecyeon actually got a few laughs out of Yoorim that night. When Yoorim fell as sleep, he sat next to her and looked at her for a while.

“I still can’t believe she’s mine” he said to himself. “Thank you for warming up to me today” he said to Yoorim. He gave Yoorim a kiss on her forehead and wished her good night. He lay down on the ground and slept next to the bed.

 

---

“Yoorim ah~ get up~ we’re going to get our dog today!” Taecyeon called Yoorim up in the morning.

He carried the sleepy Yoorim to the bathroom, washed her teeth and face, changed clothes, got ready and went down for breakfast. While eating breakfast, they heard the doorbell rang…

“Young master, it’s miss Jiwon,” one of the maids said. Taecyeon was surprised that she came.

“Why did you come?” Taecyeon asked

“Because you wouldn’t answer my phone!!!” Jiwon said in anger, and by then she noticed Yoorim.

“Why is this little girl here?” Jiwon asked

“Who are you?” Yoorim asked back

“I’m his girlfriend, he’s my boyfriend” Jiwon pointed to Taecyeon, “You know girlfriend and boyfriend are two people that will get married later on, just like your mom and dad got together after being girlfriend and boyfriend” Jiwon explained to Yoorim.

“Well…then he’s my appa,” Yoorim pointed to Taecyeon. Both Taecyeon and Jiwon got shocked with what Yoorim just said.

“Yoorim, you called me appa? You finally called me appa?” Taecyeon hugged Yoorim with happiness. Meanwhile, Jiwon was just in completed shock.

“Your daughter? When did you have a daughter this big? You cheated on me?”

“Cheated? We haven’t even meet 5 years ago!!”

“Tell me, who’s the girl???”

“My umma is beautiful and kind” Yoorim told Jiwon, which made Jiwon got even more jealous.

“Ok Taecyeon, you dared??” Jiwon yelled

“Don’t yell in front of my daughter!!. Sorry but can you just leave now? We have something to do” said Taecyeon. Jiwon gave both Taecyeon and Yoorim a look, and then angrily walked out of the house.

“Yoorim ah, I’m sorry about that.” Taecyeon said to Yoorim

“Ajussi, Yoorim is okay” said Yoorim

“Why don’t you continue to call me ‘appa’ ?”

“I don’t like that aunty so I called you ‘appa’ to make her go away.” Yoorim said with her arms crossed and pouty lips, which made Taecyeon laugh.

“Okay, then now let’s go to get our dog!”

Taecyeon led Yoorim out to the car. He didn’t even once bother about the fact that his girlfriend was mad. He was just too happy about Yoorim called him as ‘appa’ for once. They went to a dog store to choose a dog. After about 20 minutes of looking, they chose a small white Maltese. Yoorim hugged the dog all the way home, she couldn’t keep her eyes off her new dog.

“From now on you will live with me okay?” Yoorim said to the dog

“I will call you Maeumi [Hearty]”

“Ajussi, what do you think of the name?” Yoorim asked Taecyeon

“I think it’s a nice name Yoorim” he smiled

 

---

When they got home, of course it was all about the dog. They played hide and seek with the dog, they fed the dog, and they bathed the dog. It was overall a fun day, but until at night when Yoorim kept on sneezing and ended up with a fever.

“Yoorim, are you okay?” Taecyeon asked as he placed his hand on Yoorim’s forehead.

“It’s so hot.” he said

“Ajussi, Yoorim is tired…” said Yoorim

“Let me call your mom and let her know you’re running a fever” said Taecyeon. Then he got out his phone and started to dial Yoona’s number.

“Hello? Yoona?”

“What make you call at this hour?”

“Yoorim…she’s sick…”

“What? Only a day with you and she’s already sick?”

“I don’t know why…but she got a fever.”

“What did you guys do today?”

“…Uhm…we…went out to get a dog…” Taecyeon said with hesitation

“…What?...you got her a dog?”

“Since she likes it so much…so I…”

“DO YOU KNOW THAT SHE IS ALLERGIC TO DOG?”

“She’s allergic to dog?...I don’t know…”

“She’s allergic to dog! She got a fever before because of it. That’s why I never get her a dog even she really wants it!”

“I’m sorry…” Taecyeon apologized in regret

“Okay, I’m coming over! Text me your address” Yoona hang up the phone.

 

---

*Ding Dong*

“Young master, a young miss is looking for you!” yelled out the maid. Taecyeon came down and saw Yoona at the door. He led her to his room and Yoorim was lying on the bed. Yoona immediately ran to Yoorim.

“Yoorim ah, it’s umma. Are you okay?” Yoona asked Yoorim

“Umma, Yoorim feels tired.” said Yoorim who couldn’t open her eyes fully.

“Can you please get me two small towels with a bucket of water?” Yoona asked Taecyeon

“Ok I’ll get it for you”

Taecyeon came down stair to get the stuffs and got back. Yoona soaked the towel in water, squeezed it and placed it on Yoorim’s forehead, hoped that her fever will drop. When the towel got warm, Yoona would repeat the process again. By the third time she changed the towel, she noticed that Taecyeon was already asleep with his head on the bed next to Yoorim. She saw sweats rolled down on his face. She bent over and put her hand on his forehead, only to found out that it was just as hot as Yoorim.

“This idiot, seems like he's also allergic to dog but he didn’t know!” said Yoona. "Yoorim must got it from him..."

Then Yoona went over to lay Taecyeon down on his self-made bed on the ground. She wiped his sweats and placed the towel on his forehead. Looked at the sick Yoorim and Taecyeon both on their beds, she sighed.. 

“I guess I’ll have to stay here overnight” Yoona said to herself.