Chapter 7 A Little Triangle

The Adventures Of Ren, Protector of Galaxy 22-b-ic4-iso9-bunbun


No, this was not Love.

This was Embarrassment. The hotness that he felt all over his body was the sticky, needy of Embarrassment. The fire hot feeling of his ears was the nip of Embarrassment. And mind you, His bite is not light. Embarrassment, how should He be described? A lurking figure, perhaps, forever waiting for the chance to pounce on those weaker than He. A formless figure that morphs itself to fit your shape, such that you may carry Him like a second skin; and such that He may hinder your actions and erse your thoughts at every turn.

Minhyun fell to His embrace often enough but the poor boy has yet to learn to reject His hold, to spurn his hot smoldering.

Choi Ren: a boy who casted him into the embrace of embarrassment with one backflip. No, this was definitely not love.

Minhyun dusted himself off, one hand patting here and there while the other still held on tightly to the pink lunchbox, and pretended to not care about the stares from the crowd. Minhyun was shy; he was insecure; he had a daddy-complex; and he also had messily coiffed hair.

It was at times like these, when the judging eyes overwhelmed him, that he would flick his hair to the side and hide a good chunk of his face. His right eye was completely hidden.

"Young master, not to be rude, but would you like me to dust off your hindquarters?" Yul stepped behind him, about to go on ahead and his young master's buttocks when, suddenly, he was rebuffed.

"N-no."

"But young master, there is yellow smears on your—"

"Don't touch me!"

Yul backed away respectfully. "Ye."

"I-I didn't mean it that way. Don't...don't..." Don't bow down to me like that. Minhyun bit his lip, denying the words that were on the tip of his tongue. "I'll be leaving. Go back, Yul."

"Ye." Yul had not yet straightened up from his deep, prostrating bow.

Minhyun wanted to pull him up. He wanted to pull this man up, this man who had been there for him ever since birth, who had cleaned his diapers, who had baked him sweets, who took him trick-o-treating, who hand-washed his clothing, who taught him English and who repaired his favorite toys. Minhyun stepped forward and reached out a hand. But then he remembered that this was also the man who called him ‘Young master,’ who would never look him in the eye, whose ultimate alliance was to his father.

He took a step back.

“Go back. I’ll be going in.”

Then he turned and briskly walked away. A turn to the left, a walkway ahead, and then a set of marble stairs. Atop the stairs sat a blonde haired boy with a mean look in his eyes.

Ugh. Minhyun quickly covered his face with more hair and thought about power-walking past the blonde at the top. He took two cautious steps, waited for something, though he didn’t know what, then continued to walk in his tempo-less way. Ten steps from the top, Minhyun decided it was time to power-walk.

“Hey!”

. Minhyun mentally berated himself. I should have ran the whole ing way!

“Hey, are you listening to me?”

Minhyun looked at the blonde. Muscles. Muscles everywhere.  “Yes, I’m listening, sir.”

“HEEHEEEHEEEE, SIR? YOU CALL ME SIR? HAWHEEHAWHEEEE.” This blonde hitched over on his back, laughing.

Minhyun scowled. Were blonde haired people always not what they seemed to be?

Muscle dude, meanwhile, finished with his mad cackles and called Minhyun over to him.

“I’m Baekho. And you are?”

“Minhyun.”

Baekho a beard that was not there.  “Urmm...Minhyun. Okay, then, Minhyun-ssi, do me a favor.”

Baekho placed a shoulder around Minhyun and leaned in close for what he was about to say next. “If you ever find a person name Ren, tell him that Kang Baekho is waiting for him at the school gate. You hear? Ren, okay?”

Minhyun involuntarily shuddered. “W-what? I, uhm, think there’s lots of people named Ren. Maybe you should be a bit more specific. Ren what?”

Baekho nodded, sage-like, and agreed. “Yes, yes, Ren is a common name....eh? It is? Well, my Ren has brown hair, it’s kinda curly, with large eyes, long nose and long whatjimijiggy.

Whatjimijiggy?” Minhyun pried Baekho’s arms off his shoulders. “What’s a whatjimijiggy?”

Baekho spun Minhyun around and place his arms on his shoulder once more. “That’s the thing. I don’t know what’s it’s called. It’s the thing between your nose and your mouth. Like, cats don’t have any and Ren has a really, really long one.”

“Huh? Really, really long...what? What about him is really, really long?”

“ASFDGFHFGF! Whatever, whatever.” Baekho flailed his hands to dismiss the ‘whatjimijiggy.’ “Just know that he’s super cute.”

Super cute, Minhyun thought. Well, I do know a Choi Ren that’s super cute. But also damn bipolar.

“Erm, okay, I’ll keep an eye out.” No, not really.

Baekho gave a charming grin and thanked him. Minhyun was only too hasty to finally be released from the chokehold; the boy immediately ran inside the school building.

Baekho waved goodbye—though Minhyun had no idea for he did not turn back—and once Minhyun’s figure slid inside the doors, Baekho went back to his seat at the top of the stairs to wait for his Ren.

"Damn, where is that cute bastard?"

 

 

///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///   ///

Thank you for reading. Please subscribe and comment. 

Also, can anyone tell me if chapters are suppose to be marked as mature if they have curse words? I'm quite liberal using words like , , crap, poop and thingimijiggies. xD  Someone please tell me?