Rooftop Princes

The Adventures Of Ren, Protector of Galaxy 22-b-ic4-iso9-bunbun

 

Ren woke at the interim between dusk and nightfall. Half of the sky was a bruised purple while the other half still clung onto a fading orange hue. Wisps of their colors mixed where they met and it was such a whirly mix of vibrancy that Ren's lips formed a half smile. 

But hark!

His own hands flew to cover his mouth so forcefully that it was painful. Ren remembered that he was dangerous and that his smile had drastic consequences. First was the explosion behind the head of the queer boy from this morning and then the second, and more violent, explosion of the wall behind his homeroom teacher. He was certain now that he was the cause. He was cursed and he should never smile ever again.

Ren's hands were still tightly clasped around his mouth and tighter they clutched still when the horrible images from this morning replayed in his mind. The unsuspecting teacher was pushed three feet forward from the force of the explosion. The wall crumbled and the debris flew out towards the students. There had been screams and frantic cries, weren't there? 

 

Ren shuddered. Was anyone...hurt? Did he...

 

"There was no bloodshed."

 

Ren looked to his left and saw Ford sitting languidly atop his cloud and noticed that the toddler god's staff was being used as a back scratcher. It was a frivolous and frightening image. 

 

"Should you do—" Ren spluttered mid-sentence, realizing that his voice was hoarse and his throat was dry. It was the same as waking up after a horrible night's sleep and he needed to spit desperately. 

 

"Should I? Boy, are you questioning my authority when I'm a god and you just a measly newly-awakened hoja who went into shock with the advent of his powers? Should I?" Ford snickered cruelly. "The more fitting question is should you! Should you have been such a coward at the first sign of power?"

 

Ren looked at Ford coldly. The land-god's words were harsh but Ren heard it's truth. And thus, all the more reason to hate the god for putting it out in such a mocking and impertinent manner.

 

Can't you be nicer to me? Aren't you a god? Can't you show me some kindness? These were questions that Ren wanted to ask Ford but he swallowed them. The questions made him sound pitiful and besides, he didn't want any pity from an unsympathetic god. If anything, Ford might become all the more sneering at his plead for kindness. So no, Ren swallowed his pleads even though he felt that there was a lump in his throat that made it hard to swallow anything. 

 

"Are you about to cry again, Renny boy?"

 

Ren clenched his jaws and shook his head no. He would not be betrayed by his tears again. Crying was so painful and he didn't want to show his pain in front of Ford. It was like yelling love to a cat. The cat would just its paws and walk away because the cat doesn't care. 

Ford looked at the sorry state Ren was in. The boy's hair was messy from sleeping on the roof-top, there was small peices of gravel stuck in several places and the wind tousled it up even more. Ren's new school uniform was torn in a few places when the boy had writhed in pain in his sleep and the same scratches were visible on his palms and fingertips as well. He had clawed at the ground, trying to hold on to something but found nothing. His new leather shoes that Aaron had carefully and obsessively polished the night before were also full of rough marks around the edges of the sole.

 

"Come, we shall return home. And eat something, boy, before you collapse. You're too skinny and your build needs improvement if you want to be more like your father." Ford banged his staff twice on his cloud and Ren was lifted up by an invisible force. 

 

"Who's that?" Ren noticed a sleeping figure that seemed to have been laying down to his right the entire time. The boy was sleeping on his side, his face away from Ren, and in his hands was a kendo sword. The boy was also wearing a sparing dress, brown in color and very old fashioned. His hair was short and a dirty blonde color...

 

"He's the one who had his heart broken by you. The homoual in denial from this morning." Ford said, distastefully. 

 

"Oh god, did he sleep next to me this entire time?" Ren's left eye twitched at the thought. Two boys sleeping side by side on the school roof. Disgusting. 

 

"Only for an hour." Ford smirked. "He held your hand quiet a few times."

 

Ren blushed and, to hid his embrassment, kicked Baekho, aiming for the spine. 

 

"HAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

 

Baekho's blood curdling scream resounded on the empty school premise. A few birds were startled and took flight. Baekho flipped unto his back, wincing in pain, and held out his kendo sword in a defensive manner. He blinked the sleep away from his eyes and saw a furious Ren standing before him.

 

"That's for being a creep, you stalker! I'm only going to say this nicely once so listen carefully!" Ren grabbed Baekho by his collar and yanked the latter's face closer and practically snarled, "Piss off!"

 

With a murderous glint in his eyes, Ren dropped Baekho unceremoniously and left for home with Ford chuckling nonstop on his cloud. 

 

And Baekho? Baekho was once again crushed and hurt by Ren and left lying on the floor in a cyclone of resentment and pain. Those two words once again tore his heart out. Piss off. Baekho felt as if he might cry. Piss off. A spluttering cough erupted from Baekho. Piss off. Those two words were like knives, Baekho thought. Knives that Ren threw at him mercilessly and unjustly. 

 

He had done nothing to deserve this hurt. He had wanted to wake Ren but he looked so pretty sleeping that he couldn't bring himself to do it. He had just wanted to sit by him and block the sunlight from his eyes. He fell asleep because he was tired out from the Kendo practice. 

 

Was it such a crime, Ren, to have fallen asleep next to you? 

 

The sun's rays had finally set and the sky settled into pitch black. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while. Does anyone stil remember this story?

Well, it's understandable if no one remembers...I nearly forgot. xD

I will try to update frequently and finish this story. 

Please comment below and thank you for reading.