Chapter 2

Building Bridges

 

We found our apartment soon after. It’s…lovely. Better than any council place in Scotland.

It’s not too big.. Not too small just the perfect 2 bedroom place. The kitchen and living room and joined with no door. Our bathroom was small but a perfect size for us. 

“Wow..this place is sooo fecking cute!” Leanne exclaimed.

“Iknowright” I then quickly dashed to find the bedrooms. Te were both the same size.

“THIS ONE IS MINE!” I scream out as I roll on the queen sized bed. The room had the nicest view.

“fine with me! This one is closer to the bathroom!” Leanne says laughing as she jumps on her bed. I pout.

“Boo you” I realised my mistake..my room was the FARTHEST from the bathroom. 

Leanne then walked into my room.

“I’m going to paint mine pink” She says randomly.

“Your what?”

“My room..My room. I’m going to paint it pink.”

“I’ll paint mine yellow” I smile. 

I look around and imagine my room a pale yellow. I smile and nod in approval.

“We need groceries” Leanne says out of the blue.

“What?”

“We need to eat” She says again. It finally registers in my brain.

“omigosh! There’s no food!” I say as I stand up. I run to my hand bag and loop my arm through the straps.

“Lets go!” I say. 

“wait for me!” She calls out as she runs to grab her handbag as well. I laugh as she slip on our shoes and walk outside.

“I can barely read the font on this!” I say as I try to make out the Hangul characters on a packet of cookies.

“I find it hard to read either way!” Leanne exclaims as she dumps an arm full of food into the trolley. I place the cookies back and look inside the trolley.

“Ice cream?” I ask her. She nods then places in a packet of steaks and smiles.

“Smooth” I say as I roll the trolley over to the milk. I place in a carton of normal milk and look through the favoured ones.

“I hate chocolate..can stand Strawberry…but I love banana?” I say to myself.. Trying to think. Suddenly I hear Leanne’s voice.

“Ummm hi” She says. I turn and see her talking to a guy with a weird hat on and seriously weird glasses. Looking at him gave me the shivers and it’s not from me wearing short shorts and crouching down by the milk refrigerator.

I tried to listen intently without being too noticeable.

“Umm you supikku Engurish?” I snort a little bit and I hear Leanne giggle.

“Yes.” She says.

“Korean?” He says with more confidence.

“Yes” She says again.

“So, how long have you lived in Korea?” He asks.

“Not long at all” She replies. I giggle quite loudly.

 

“You know giggling at milk is slightly weird..I’d go with the Banana by the way” I look up and see the same face in sunglasses.

I stand up. “You” I say. “me” He says smiling and laughs. I pout and make a face. “no duh” I mumble in English.

“What did you say?” 

“Nothing” I sing gleefully. I then avoid his gaze.

“So.. What’s your name?” Supposed ‘Sungjong’ says. I raise my right brow.

“Chrissie” I say. Keeping a close eye on the suspicious person.

“What’s your name?” I ask him.

“You already know” He says teasing me.

“Now your wrong.. You’ve never told me your name” I corrected him.

He leaned in close again. “Sungjong” he whispers. He then laughs as my face goes red. 

“YAH Maknae! Get the milk and let’s go!” We hear a voice and we both turn our heads. I see WooHyun walking towards us. Then it clicks… This really is Sungjong in front of me. I take out my phone and turn it to look on the cover… I compare the two faces and I gasp. 

“Yah.. Sungjong you listening- oh who is this? A fan?” I just stood there frozen.

“Yeah..but she’s my fan Hyung” Sungjong replies.

I feel Woohyun’s eyes scan me up and down. I would say something but I’m still too shocked. I crouch back down, put the flavoured milks back and take my trolley far..far away. 

 

“There you are!” Leanne says as she spots me.

“Yeah..I’m here” I say giggling as I put some ramen pots in the trolley as well as Peporo.

“There was some weirdo trying to chat me up!”

“Oh..I heard some of that” I say smiling.

“Yeah…I gave him my number” 

“ahh ok cool.. WHAT!” I say a little too loud. 

“he gave me his..I gave him mine..he’s quite cute…” She says smiling like a goofball.

I sigh. 

After paying we exit the shop.

“Which way home?” I ask. Leanne points in a direction and as I’m about to move my feet my shoulder is tapped. I turn around and see Sungjong in his sunglasses. He hands me a plastic bag and smiles walking off not forgetting to give me a ‘call me’ sign before turning around and following WooHyun.

“That’s the Sungjong we saw earlier!” Leanne says excitedly. I nod.

“What’s in the bag?” She asks. I peek inside and gasp.

“What..what is it?” She asks as she positions her head to see.

Inside the bag were the three flavours of milk I forgot to buy.

I smiled and lifted my head to see Sungjong and Woohyun’s disappearing figures.