Chapter 3

Building Bridges

 

I was on our cream sofa watching Hi My Sweetheart whilst drink the Banana milk when Leanne walks in.
“oooh K drama!” She exclaims as she sits next to me.
“No. Taiwan Drama”
“What? I can’t understand!” She exclaims.
“Ooh well… Leanne.. What were you doing just now?” I asked her. I hadn’t seen her this morning at all.
“In my room”  She says rather quickly.
“Doing”
“On the phone with that cutie from the grocery shop” She says even faster.
“WOAH! I thought he was a creep!” 
“But he called me!” She defended
“His name?”
“I danaaaaa!” She pouts. 
“Aigoo Leanne. We’ve just arrived in Korea and you’re already getting boyfriends!” I say laughing.
“Pffft please! You’re already getting Idols! Don’t think I didn’t see Kikwang staring at you at the airport!” I bit my tongue and shut up. 
I drank my banana milk in large gulps until I heard the dry slurping sound came from the bottom of the carton.
I stood up and threw it in the bin.
“I’m gonna go out for a bit” I say to Leanne as I slip on my shoes.
“oh ok. Where are you going?” She asks.
“Dunno. Exploring I guess” I smile and wave. “Call me if you need anything” I say as I close the door. I started outside the apartment complex and just wandered a bit. I stopped at a park and sat down on a bench. I took out my phone and looked at the cover. I met him… I really did. But.. He’s not how I expected. I knew he wouldn’t be the same from on screen, but I never expected him to be this.. Different.
“Fancy seeing you here” I hear the ‘oh-so familiar’ voice. I look up and see Sungjong. I put my phone back in my pocket and just sit. He soon sits beside me.
“You know I’m starting to think you’re stalking me” I say joking.
“Of course I’m not. It’s fate” He says smiling.
“sureee” I say sarcastically.
“So did you enjoy the milk?” He asks and I Nod.
“yes.. Thank you” I say a bit awkwardly.
“That’s ok.” He says. I look down at the ground and I notice he is still staring at me. As I’m about to say something he stands up and grabs my wrist. “Wha-” I say in protest but he cuts me off.
“Let’s go have fun” He says in his ‘girly voice’. 
“Huh?” I say.
“Hongdae isn’t too far from here. Let’s go do something there” He smiles. 
I pout while thinking. Good time to see the neighbourhood, why not?
“Ok” I agree and let him drag me off. We arrived at Hongdae soon after. It was super pretty.
“Where to first?” He asked.
“Bwoh!? I thought YOU were taking me places”
“arrasso. Karaoke” I pouted and followed him into a Karaoke place. The lights were dimmed and the atmosphere seemed incredibly thick and heavy. Sungjong went to the front desk and asked for a room. A male worker led us to a room.
“This will be your room. The timer is on the tv and will off when your 3 hours are done.” He smiled and winked at me. I went red and looked away. Sungjong sadly noticed and sent a glare the workers way and ushered me into the room.
“Now…what song shall we sing” He asks
“How about…you sing one of your songs since your oh-so famous” I said happily.
“For that comment you will be singing Trouble maker with me” He says.
“Fine but we aint kissing” I say teasingly and he gives me a shocked looked.
“And don’t expect me to rip off my dress either” I smile as his face goes red.
After trouble maker Sungjong decides to show off to me by putting off Be mine. I laugh at his part as he dances along.
“Alright..your turn. Show me something amazing” he says, sitting down panting.
“alrighty” I say as I enter the code for IU’s good day.
“No way” He says.
“yes way”
“Aigoo. Hana deul. I’m in My dream!” I start the high note and watch as his mouth opens in amazement. I switch to the next note and his eyes widen. After the highest note and I sing the last line, he’s on his feet and clapping.
“WAAAH! You should be a singer!” he says. I smile and shake my head.
“ENCORE!” he says clapping. I laugh at him and pull him up to sing a song with me. I choose Bangkok City by Orange Caramel and laughed as we danced and sang happily.
Soon our time ended and the same waiter was there to us out.
“Annyeong. And please.. don’t be stranger” He said winking at me. Sungjong gave him dirty glare while I just waved it off.
“Where to now?” I say changing the subject.
“Food?” He asks.
“I better get back to Leanne” I say sadly.
“Leanne?” he asks. “The girl your always with?”
“Yeah. We live together.”
“I’ll walk you home” he offers. I’m about to reject but he’s already walking away. I sigh.
 
LEANNE’S POV.
“Aish…Chrissie..leaving me.. Boo her” I sighed as I watched Chrissie walking out to the streets. 
I watched whatever she was watching for a few hours before I got up and decided to go out myself. 
“Beast hunting~” I sang as I was walking through the streets. I was just minding my business when someone bumped into me. What is it with people in Korea bumping into me? Again, I fell to the ground. 
‘Maybe it’s BEAST again!’ I say in my head. But when I look up.. 
 
 
BAM CLIFFHANGER! <3