Chapter 1

Building Bridges

 

“Last boarding call to Seoul on flight KSB6943” I heard the call loud and clear. I was in a daze but snapped out of it. 

“Leanne. That’s our flight let’s go” I said to Leanne, my friend who will be moving to Seoul with me.

She nodded excitedly and ran with her suitcases to the front of the cue. I laughed joining her much to many peoples’ dismay. 

After sitting on the plane -Leanne by the window and myself on the aisle seat- I take out my camera and take a picture myself and Leanne.

“On the plane to Seoul..waiting for takeoff. Life.is.good” I say laughing as Leanne and I pose for the camera and the flash goes off.

“Ok..look for hot Asians” Leanne says as she stands up and looks around the plane.

I sleep most of the way. Listening to my ipod and taking photos of myself. As well as sneak pics of Leanne sleeping.

I laugh to myself as a good looking Korean man walks past and nearly falls on top of me.

“Oh..sorry sorry” he says in a funny accent. I giggle and say it’s ok. Oh Leanne, if only you were awake and sat where I was.

 

The flight was enjoyable. Long… and tiring but enjoyable.

We enter Incheon airport and are greeting my milky skinned people everywhere as well as Hangul characters up in your face. Ahhh I’m practically home. 

“Omg..what if we see Kpop stars! I heard BEAST are coming back from Japan sometime!” leanne says excitedly. I smile.

“or..or INFINITE!” I say even more excitedly.

“BEAST!” Leanne exclaims as fan girls scream.

“BEASTU OPPA!” We hear. We look at each other and snap our heads towards the screaming fan girls. 6 handsome men walk past us. One bumps into Leanne. She squeals as she falls flat on her .

“Mianhe” he says and smiles quickly as he helps her up. The screams get louder and more violent.

Leanne looks up and her face goes red. I’m in a complete blur as she dusts herself off and waves to the man who knocked her over.

“that..was..amazing” She breathes out.

“what?” I ask.

“THAT WAS JUST BEAST! Hyungseung bumped into me! ME! And he helped me up! Oh how I wish it was Yoseob” I widen my eyes and look at the men walking away. One turns back and smiles at me…. Kikwang.

“I like Seoul already” I say to Leanne as she eagerly agrees.

 

We’re out taking pictures….of .. Tourist-y things.. OK I LIED. We’re currently at some Café secretly taking pictures of hot dudes….

“Aish..I need more Coffee” I say as I stand up to order another sweet latte for myself.

“Umm could I please have a banilla latte and ummm” I ducked down to see the cakes when I heard a voice.

“The lemon cake is really good” I looked up and saw a face covered by sunglasses. I stood up.

“Lemon cake then please” the barista smiled and proceeded to make my order.

“Gomowo” I said to the stranger.

“your welcome.” I smiled and just stood there awkwardly. I turned back to Leanne who was busy taking pictures… I suddenly felt my buzz. I jumped in shock then took out my Iphone 4 and it’s beautiful cover in all it’s glory.

 

FROM LEANNE:

TO CHRISSIE:

GIRL! LOOK AT THAT Y ASIAN NEXT TO YOU! GET.HIS.NUMBER!

Xxxxxx

 

I heavily blushed and took a peek at the stranger who seemed to be fixated on my phone.

I quickly replied.

 

FROM CHRISSIE:

TO LEANNE:

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS! I’m soo embarrassed right now!

Xxxxx

 

I was about to put my phone away when the stranger’s voice stopped me.

“You’re Iphone cover… It’s Infinite’s Maknae right?” I was surprised.

“Deh” I replied.

“you’re a fan of Infinite?” He asked. His Korean was difficult to understand..maybe it’s because I’m not exactly fluent.

I nodded. “SungJong is my bias” I said smiling.

“Mine too” I was surprised at the strangers reply.

He laughed. His voice angelic like.

“What’s your favourite thing about him?” He asked me. I thought for a few moments.

“I love his passion for what he does, sure his girlishness and gay acts are.. Awkward to watch but it makes being a fan more..enjoyable. He looks so manly and strong on stage” I say. Getting confused with my words.

“You’re not Korean are you?”

“ani” I say laughing.

“I’m sure Sungjong is happy to hear that and would say something nice about you too” I laughed slightly.

“Sure he would. Because Sungjong is going to walk right in and tell me nice things” I rolled my eyes. Suddenly the stranger leaned closer to me, shifted his sunglasses half way down his face to reveal his eyes.

“You never know” I nearly choked on my saliva. 

“YOU!” I pointed to him. He merely put a finger to his lips, smiled and tucked something into my cardigan’s pocket. He pulled back, took his coffee and waved as he walked off.

I took my order and sat down.

“sooo” Leanne said to me with a cheeky smile.

“That..Ho.Ly FACK that was Sungjong” I said..not even believing myself.

“WHAT? No wayy” 

“Nononono..it was..he lowered his sunglasses..and his eyes….and voice….and..” I swear I was fanning myself. Suddenly there was a knock at the café’s window that our table was beside and we both turned our heads and saw ‘Sungjong’ waving at me and smiling. He then walked off to meet with 2 other guys.

“That one looks like Hoya” Leanne says nonchalantly.

“and.the other..SungYeol.”

“Damn..that really was him” Leanne said raising her brows and taking a sip of her tea.

I suddenly reached into my cardigan pocket and took out the contents.

“what’s that?” Leanne asks.

“Receipt from Tescos….wait..what? Oops..other pocket” I mentally slap myself and take out the paper in my other pocket.

“a number” I say.

“OMG HE JUST GAVE YOU HIS NUMBER!” Leanne exclaims while clapping. I blush…If that really was..Sungjong….then.. MY LIFE IS AMAZING!