An Angel's Care

Protection From An Angel

 

Protection From An Angel

 

[Chapter 5]

 

Jonghun led Minhwan towards the bathroom almost straightway the moment they reached home. Throughout the journey, none of them said anything, just complete silence. None knew what to say to each other.

 

Jonghun the heater and allowed the warm water to flow to the bath tub. “Sit here,” he ordered Minhwan, “and wait for me.”

 

Minhwan sat on the stool obediently, hugging his knees. His body hurt the moment he tried moving. He thought of what happened earlier and tears started rolling uncontrollably. He wiped it off so that Jonghun wouldn’t be able to see him in such a weak state, but his tears seemed to just continue flowing. How could he stop, after all? He was just a sixteen year old boy, and was almost by another. Thank God Jonghun-hyung came in time. If not, I…

 

Jonghun reentered the bathroom with a few pieces of small towels and a safety kit. He sat down in front of Minhwan and placed the safety kit on the floor. “Minhwan, please take of your shirt,” he tried to sound as gentle as possible, “I need to clean your wound.”

 

The boy hesitated at first, but obeyed anyway. Minhwan hissed when the fabric created small frictions with his wounds. Jonghun’s heart clenched when he saw fresh blood and scars on his body. He took Minhwan’s shirt and tossed it to one side.

 

Minhwan stared as Jonghun wet the first towel. Slowly, Jonghun wiped off the blood stains on Minhwan’s body, careful not to add anymore pain to the boy. Minhwan wanted to ask if Jonghun was angry, but he decided to keep quiet since the atmosphere there was quite heavy.

 

For fifteen minutes, Jonghun cleaned Minhwan’s wounds without a word. He didn’t know what to say to the boy. Should I say I’m angry, or should I tell him that I was really worried? Nonetheless, Jonghun kept his thought to himself. He changed his towel to a new one and said, “Minhwan, do you mind removing your trousers?”

 

Minhwan was startled, “What?”

 

“I need to clean your wounds. I’m done with your upper part, so I’ll help you with your lower body now, if,” Jonghun tried to explaining, “if you don’t mind.”

 

Minhwan’s face turned into a light shade of pink. He stood up slowly as he felt his legs slightly trembling. As he removed all of his clothing, he sat on the stool again, trying to control his embarrassment. Jonghun realized his nervousness and quickly added, “I won’t harm you, Minhwan,” he said gently, “so don’t be afraid.”

 

When all dried blood and dirt were cleaned, Jonghun asked Minhwan to get into the tub. Minhwan said that he was capable of washing himself, but Jonghun insisted to stay by him and help him.

 

Minhwan washed up till he felt a little cleaner and fresher with Jonghun’s help. When Jonghun gave Minhwan some clean clothes to wear, he broke the silence, asking, “What exactly did they do to you?”

 

Minhwan stopped buttoning his clothes abruptly. He knew this question was coming, and answered, “Just like what you saw.”

 

Jonghun asked again, his tone flat, “When did this start happening? Why didn’t you talk to me about this?”

 

“They came to me several times,” Minhwan ignored the first question, “demanding me to ask you to stop from joining the competition. I didn’t want to worry you, that was why I ignored what they said.”

 

Jonghun felt his anger flared up. “They came to you SEVERAL times, and you didn’t even tell me ONCE about this? Who do you think you are, a super hero? You think you can handle this by yourself? You were almost by that man over there!”

 

Minhwan was paralyzed when he heard those words from Jonghun. ‘I’m sorry’ was all he could manage.

 

“I’m sorry?” Jonghun repeated, “You’re saying you’re sorry after all this happened?! Did you know how-” Jonghun stopped midway, trying to recollect himself. He left the bathroom and went straight to his room, leaving Minhwan standing alone. Did you know how worried I was? Did you know how scared I was? Jonghun cursed himself silently for not being brave enough to say those words to Minhwan.

 

Was I too harsh just now?He closed his eyes. But I just couldn’t control my anger. That jerk, he inserted his dirty fingers into my Minhwan… He almost lost his ity, he must be really scared. He snapped his eyes open. And I foolishly yelled at him just now. What should I do? What should I do? He stood up from his bed. I need to tell him I’m sorry.

 

Jonghun left his room for the bathroom, but Minhwan wasn’t there. Jonghun ran to Minhwan’s room and pushed the door open, just to reveal a sobbing Minhwan on his bed. Jonghun felt his chest tightened. “Minhwan,” he closed the door and approached his friend, “Minhwan, are you alright? I’m sorry for yelling, I’m really sorry.” Jonghun sat on the bed. Minhwan wiped his tears with the back of his hand and sat up, “Hyung, I’m sorry for not telling you,” more tears rolled down, “but that was because I don’t want you to get distracted... Setting up a band was your dream after all, I’m really sorry,” Minhwan added, “I thought I can handle this myself, but at the end I brought trouble to you. Please don’t ignore me, hyung.”

 

“Minhwan,” Jonghun pulled the sobbing boy into an embrace, “I understand, it’s not your fault, really,” Jonghun massaged Minhwan’s scalp, “I wasn’t able to protect you, and that’s my fault. You got hurt because of me, I’m really sorry. I promise, Minhwan, no one will ever do those horrible things to you again.” Minhwan cried harder onto his friend’s shoulder.

 

They remained in that position till Minhwan stopped crying and eventually fell asleep in Jonghun’s arms. The elder gently placed Minhwan on his bed. He climbed onto the bed as well, sleeping on the other half next to Minhwan. Jonghun pulled the blanket over the two of them and whispered, “Guess we’re skipping dinner tonight, friend. I’ll cook supper when you’re awake.” His eyes traveled and stared contentedly at Minhwan’s sleeping face. Unconsciously, his fingers reached up and pushed Minhwan’s fringe back, and when Jonghun snapped back to reality, he realized he had just planted a kiss on Minhwan’s forehead. Jonghun jerked backwards, but he almost regretted it. He looked at his sleeping friend. Thank God he’s not awake. Jonghun turned to the other side, his back facing Minhwan. What did I just do, what did I just do? He clenched his eyes closed. Oh no, this is not good, my heart is beating really fast. Jonghun’s fingers covered his chest, stop beating so fast, I’m going crazy! Slowly, Jonghun turned to his friend.

 

I think…he looked at Minhwan once more and felt his heart beating even faster, I have unconsciously fallen for you.


 

TBC

 

A/N: Okay, next chapter's the last. ): I'm feeling kind of sad. It was really fun writing this, although it may seem crappy.