To Protect This Guy

Protection From An Angel

 

* Mild /Shonen-ai

* italic - thoughts

 

Protection From An Angel

 

“Minhwan ah~” Jonghun sat on his roommate’s bed. Smack! “Wake up!”

 

Jonghun and Minhwan, being students from the same school, also being childhood friends since young rented a small house, thus living there together. The drummer and the guitarist were both very well known in their school, since it’s a place that had many young musicians walking around in the school compound.

 

“Ah!” Sleepy Minhwan covered his protectively after being hit by his seventeen year old senior. He grabbed his blanket and threw it over his head. “Five more minutes, hyung~ Just five more-” With one swish motion Jonghun pulled the sixteen year old boy’s blanket away from him, and thus grabbing the pink dolphin plushy Minhwan was hugging. Soon after Minhwan realized his dolphin was missing, Jonghun knew right away his friend’s natural reaction.

 

“Ah yee yee yee~ Hyung~” cried Minhwan.

 

“You’re going to be late for school, wake up now!” And that was how Jonghun dragged Minhwan out of bed everyday.

 

Minhwan felt Jonghun’s weight slowly lifting off his bed. He opened his eyes slightly to see Jonghun’s back leaving his room. A genuine smile formed on his face, but for some reason his heart was beating really fast. Minhwan lost his smile almost immediately.

 

What is wrong with me these days?His hands reached his chest and clenched the fabric there. Maybe I’m just too tired, I’ll get some rest after school. Reluctantly, Minhwan left his bed to prepare for school.

 

Yes, I’ll be alright after I rest.


 

“Hyung! Wait for me,” Minhwan tried catching up with Jonghun. The both of them walked together every morning since they attend the same school, “Wow, you’re really energetic after breakfast, aren’t you, hyung?”

 

Jonghun chuckled, ruffling Minhwan’s hair, ignoring his question, “We’ll be practicing today. I don’t want to be late.” Minhwan smiled, “Yes, hyung, of course I remember. I brought my sticks along.” Minhwan lightly smacked Jonghun’s guitar case, “I see you brought your baby too.”

 

“Hey!” Jonghun smacked Minhwan’s hands playfully. “My baby only allows me to touch him.” Minhwan laughed hearing Jonghun’s answer, “It’s a ‘him’?” Jonghun smirked, “Yeah.” He put his arms around Minhwan’s shoulder, “You’re very talkative today, aren’t you?”

 

There, it’s that weird feeling again. My heart is beating really fast. Jonghun-hyung, am I getting sick?

 

“Minhwan?”

 

“Y-Yeah. Sorry,” the younger boy replied.

 

“Are you alright, Minhwan?” Jonghun asked, concerned. He seemed to realize his friend acting differently these few days. “You’re acting weird.”

 

“N-No, I’m not. Don’t worry, hyung,” Minhwan said, avoiding Jonghun’s gaze, “Probably I’m just tired.”

 

Jonghun insisted Minhwan to skip school to rest, but Minhwan politely declined, saying that he has assignments to complete. “Hyung, you need to stop worrying about me. I’m old enough to take care of myself.” Jonghun turned to his friend, his tone teasing, “Really?” and lifted an eyebrow.

 

“Yes,” Minhwan answered. He added an adorable pout, which never failed to make Jonghun’s heart warm. Both the friends then continued their journey to their school in silence, though that sort of silence is not of those awkward types. Instead, it creates an atmosphere of…comfort? Yes, they feel contented just by being next to each other, being each other’s faithful company. Jonghun stole a glance of Minhwan. The pout was still playing on his lips. Ah, the cuteness… Jonghun thought. The guitarist didn’t understand what was really playing in his mind right now. But he was certain of one thing.

 

I will protect this guy. I will make sure he remains happy and that his smile will never leave his features. I will protect you, Choi Minhwan.


 

TBC

 

A/N: How was that? I was actually inspired to write a Jonghun/Minhwan fiction after watching a video on youtube. It feels kind of weird writing this pairing, but I decided to give it a try. Sorry for the horrible grammar. ): Mind telling me what do you think please?