Sky

Last Angel

"We don't split up! We'll all head out together." Yoochun mounted his horse then continued. "If she's not in the palace... she's outside of it!" He patted the horses side and took off. 

The others followed him past the guards and outside the gates of the palace. They trailed through fields, forrests, hills and eventually to the edge of a mountainside. They wandered through the rocks and dirt, scanning the ground for any sign that Ah Young had been there. 

Jaejoong rubbed his chin and something caught his eye. He got off of his horse and swept over to where Yunho was standing. "Move." 

Yunho obediently moved back as Jaejoong knelt down to sweep away a few clumps of dirt to reveal the sparkling, sea green pin in which Ah Young always put in her hair. Yunho gasped as Jaejoong held out his palm. "It's hers." They hurried over to where Yoochun was gruffly kicking around rocks. They both knelt down and held out the pin. "It's the Crown Princess's pin."

Yoochun gasped and took it from them, rolling it in the palm of his hand. He cleared his throat and was about to speak. 

"Your highness!" Changmin and Junsu were running towards the trio. "Your highness! We've found two pairs of footsteps by the cliffs edge. They lead towards the woods!"

They dashed off into the woods and found the trail of footsteps. Just as Changmin had said, there was a set of small delicate footsteps and set of heavy laden steps. Yoochun knelt down and felt the dirt around the marks and closed his eyes. They were quite fresh. They were sure to be Ah Young's. But who was this person in her company? The five ran along the trail and were horrified to find that Ah Young's footsteps disappeared and thousands of other sets were solidated in the dirt. 

Jaejoong and Yunho both unsheathed their swords and surrounded the other three. Yoochun looked up, horrified to see a group of men dressed in black attire. Their faces were obscured. "It's the prince, get him!" 

The chase lasted for a while, Yunho and Jaejoong fought hard to delay the men from catching up to the prince and their comrades. "Run your highness! Don't look back!" 

The moon was now alligned with the Sun. The sky had darknened slightly as the five ran past trees towards their horses. In their path was a cluster of bushes. At the same time, they all jumped over them. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The scenery shifted. The clouds parted and the sound of trees and the hooves of horses subsided...

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE STANDING IN THE STREET FOR? DAMN MISCREANTS! HURRY UP AND MOVE!" A man in a suit was yelling out of his car window. Cars were honking all around them. "THIS ISN'T A MOVIE! GET OUT OF THE WAY ALREADY, HISTORY BOYS!"