Be Mine? ~for JustWinter~

To Be or Not to Be, That Isn't the Question. ~One-Shot Shop~

Couple: Im Yulmin and Kim Jaejoong

Song: Super Junior - Marry U

It was a warm, spring day in the middle of April. The smell of blossoming flowers was around me. I missed the days when Jaejoong and I use to hang out. When we were little, not knowing any better, we would run around in the parks and the open fields behind the parks. Sometimes we would find a pond in the park and skid rocks on the surface of them and see who's rock would go further. Seven years ago, to this date, he said he was leaving with his parents to study in America.  He told me to wait for him to come back, he told me to only think about him and no one else and that is what I did. I promised him that before he left I wouldn't date anyone or think about anyone else except him.

Today is the day he comes back to stay, but I have a slight feeling I don't know how much he has changed. For all I know he could be a monster, out to destroy all of mankind.... Or he just eats people, I mean it's a possibility.

I walked around the park, the same park we use to spend all day in. The flowers are blossoming and many colors fill the flower beds. I walked to the bench that sat under a big oak tree and waited. We discussed, via email, before he got on the plane to come back to Korea that we would meet at the same exact spot we both promised at.

I sat for at least two hours waiting, admiring all the couples walking by, sharing the eternal love that I haven't experienced yet. I debated about going home, or at least somewhere to get out of the sun. I wait for another hour and looked at my watch then my phone. Nothing. Not one single thing. I stood up frustrated and walked to a nearby store to get a vitamin water. I checked my phone again and saw I had an unread email. I looked at it and stared in disbelief.

"Yulmin, mianhae. I am running late due to flight delays in L.A. I will be in the park waiting for you around 6 tonight. Please forgive me," I read the email aloud and looked at my watch.

"Aish! It's already 6:15! He is going to be so pissed!" I ran to the cashier and paid for my vitamin water and ran to the park stopping when I saw a figure on the bench. I smiled and fixed my hair and patted the non-existent dust off my clothes. I walked up behind him silently.

"Oppa~" I whispered and he looked to me.

"You know it's not polite to keep a guy waiting," he said smiling standing up. I looked at what he was wearing. I smiled and tilted my head.

"Oppa, why are you wearing that," I said pointing to the tuxedo he had on.

"I felt like it," he said smiling while fixing his dark hair to complement his face. His smile, it was the smile of sincerity and love, but I knew it was not for me.

"Yulmin, I missed you," he said walking towards me with his arms out wide. I giggled and hugged him.

"I missed you too Jaejoong. It has been awhile. I am surprised you stayed in America for so long without visiting."

"Ah, my parents wanted me to have a good education," he said letting go and standing beside me while putting his hands in his pockets.

"Care to walk for a bit?" He said casually. I nodded my head and linked arms with him. We started walking and having casual conversation. We walked near a pond and he grabbed two rocks.

"Do you remember how?" He said smiling at me and handing one of the rocks to me. I looked at it and noticed it had writing on it.

"Jaejoong, there is writing on it," I said looking over to him.

"Oh really, what does it say?" he asked me curiously looking over to me.

"Be Mine," I said talking without thinking. I read it again in my head and smiled. I looked over to Jaejoong and saw him smiling.

"You are still the same boy you were seven years ago, oppa," I said hugging him.

"So is this a yes?" he asked me curiously. I nodded my head and smiled to myself. He is just the same like seven years ago, only changing his appearance. We stayed near the pond watching the sunset. After the sun had set the moon came up slowly. I laid down in the grass next to Jaejoong.

"Here, watch," he said taking out his phone and texting someone. I watched the sky and soon it lit up with a myriad of colors. I smiled and watched as the fireworks went off and waited for the show to end.

"It is your first day back and you are already making connections with people to shoot off fireworks," I said giggling and snuggling up against him.

"I just had a feeling I would need them," he said putting his arm around me. The breeze was just starting to get cold and it was getting late. Watching fireworks and reminiscing about the old times makes the clock go fast, but I just can't believe that he is finally back. I just hope this isn't a dream because I would seriously kill myself. I mean it's been seven years! How would you feel about that?

"Yulmin, what are you doing?" He asked me while watching me pinch myself.

"Oh, nothing! I just had... uh, I had a little itch," I said realizing he was giggling at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and sat up and stretched.

"Ah~ Oppa! It is getting late," I said pointing at my watch. He sighed and sat up.

"But I don't want to leave you!" He said pulling me close to him. I blushed and smiled.

"I'm pretty sure I need to go to sleep, and you do to, Mr. Jet Lag." I said giggling.

"Hey! I don't have jet lag! Okay, well maybe I do," he said trying to move around without difficulties.

"Yah! Babo! Don't do that," I said holding him still and standing up. It was so dark I could barely see what was around us.

"Help me up!" Jaejoong whined. I held out my hand and waited for him to take it.

"I can't see your hand."

"Well, I can't see you. And how did you know it was my hand?" I said smiling.

"Uh-oh. I didn't know that. Well what ever!" He said then grabbed it. I pulled him up and we walked out of the deserted park and to the lighted streets.

"Would you care to stay at my house?" I asked looking at him. He smiled slightly then frowned.

"I don't think that is appropriate. But I would love to walk you home," he said grabbing my hand so we could together, hand-in-hand.

"That would be lovely~!" I said smiling. He laughed and we walked to my house. All of the neighbors were asleep. He walked me to my front door and kissed my cheek.

"I will call you tomorrow. Don't get sick~" He said and walked away. I watched to make sure nothing happened and saw him turn the corner to another street. I quickly went inside and made a cup of tea and the television. I sat down and watched cartoons for a little while. As I sipped my tea I heard my phone go off.

"Eh, what the heck," I said muting the television and picking up the phone.

"Yeboseyo," I said timidly through the phone. It was one in the morning and someone was calling me from an unknown number.

"Yeboseyo?!?! That's all I get??? Shouldn't you be sleeping???" a male asked from the other side of the line. I giggled.

"Yeboseyo~! I should be sleeping but I made tea instead, but you, you mysterious person, shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"I am not a mysterious person, Yulmin, I'm your boyfriend~" Jaejoong sang over the phone.

"Aigoo... Aren't you suppose to be sleeping Mr. Jet Lag?"

"Yah! I don't have jet lag!"

"Then go to sleep, I am heading off to bed," I said about to hang up the phone but heard him speak again.

"Wait, wait, wait! Tomorrow! Meet me at my house and we can hang out then go out to dinner. Alright?"

"Hmm, maybe. I mean I don't know your address or anything. But, I would love to!" I said smiling to myself and walking up to my bedroom.

"Yay~ I'll text you the address tomorrow. Wear something nice, like a dress," he said through the phone softly as if trying to hide.

"Okay, okay! Well good night oppa~ Chu!" I turned off the phone and changed into my blue and white pajamas. I lied down, smiling while drifting off to deep sleep.

~THE MORNING~

The sun was shinning bright. The birds were singing and little kids were playing outside in the street. I looked up at the ceiling and smiled. I stretched and got off the bed. I looked around for my phone and found it under my pillow.

"Ah, what are you doing here phone?" I said giggling and checking to see if Jaejoong had texted me yet. Yes he had, time, place, everything. I looked at the time and decided to pick out what I was going to wear tonight. I picked out a red dress, Jaejoong's favorite color, with a black tie around the waist.

 

I went to eat lunch, since it was almost noon, and sat around for a little while. Soon it was five. I was suppose to be meeting Jaejoong at his house around seven thirty, so I decided to get ready. I took a shower and blow dried my hair. I put a white flower headband in my hair and curled it.

I smiled and slipped my dress on and put on black high heels. I looked at myself one last time and grabbed my phone and sat in my car. It was seven twenty and it takes fifteen minutes to get to his house. I'll just be fashionably late.

I drove to his house and saw cars infront of his house. I parked my car and walked up to the front door. I rang the door bell and waited for a little bit. I heard noise inside and looked through a side window.

"Wow, they are having a party. Is this why I'm waiting?" I said crossing my arms fed up with this nonsense and rang the doorbell again. I waited for another minute or two before pulling out my phone.

"So much for being fashionably late," I looked through my contacts and called Jaejoong. I started to whistle and waited for him to pick up.

"No answer. Seriously? You have got to be kidding me," I said and walked back to my car. I rested my forehead on the steering wheel and started to cry.

"I knew it was to good to be true." Suddenly my phone rang. I sniffed and wiped away my tears.

"Yeboseyo?"

"Mianhae, Yulmin! The doorbell isn't working. Where are you?" I heard Jaejoong's voice and I smiled.

"I am in my car. It got a little chilly waiting outside," I said checking to make sure I didn't look like I was crying.

"Come to the front door, I'll be waiting," he said sweetly and hung up. I got out of the car, once again, and walked to the front door. I knocked on it lightly and it opened.

"Hello~!" Jaejoong said and hugged me. I smiled and hugged back. I walked inside to see many people.

"I love your dress! It's my favorite color," Jaejoong said grabbing my hand.

"Thank you," I smiled and walked with him.

"I have people I want you to meet. They are my friends from America," he said leading me to a group of boys.

"This is Junsu," he said pointing him, "and this is Yoochun." I smiled and bowed.

"Annyeong, Yulmin-imnida. It is nice to meet you!" They bowed back and started talking.

"It's kind of loud in here, do you want to talk outside?" Jaejoong asked me while squeezing my hand. I nodded my head and we walked to his bedroom and out onto the balcony.

"Ah, the view. It's amazing!" I said walking to the edge of the balcony. It seems unsafe because there is no railing but it is really safe.

"I agree, that's why I wanted this house," he said smiling and walking next to me. We stood there for awhile and watched the birds fly and the animals play.

"Hey, Yulmin. I don't think we need to go out and eat because of the party, if that's alright with you." I smiled and turned to him.

"That's fine with me! I think it's fun to meet your friends and hang out."

"Ah, but they won't be just my friends, but yours too." I looked at him confused.

"What? I don't understand."

"I'll be right back," he said walking into his room and getting his iPhone. I stared at him while he searched through his closet.

"Yah! What are you doing?" I ask him about to walk into his bedroom.

"Ani! Stay there and turn around!" he shouted and hid something that he got from his closet. I turned around and looked off the balcony again.

Suddenly music started playing and I heard singing.

"Oh what the heck," I said turning to Jaejoong and saw him smiling and singing to Marry U. I blushed realizing the title. The end of the song was coming soon and he kneeled down.

"Nawa gyuhrhonhaejullae?" he asked and sang along with the song while opening a little blue box. (Will you marry me?)

"I do~" I sang back and he slipped the ring onto my finger. He stood up and hugged me.

"Thank god! I was going to have to kidnap you if you didn't say yes!" he said jokingly and kissing me. I heard clapping and cheering from below. I looked over the edge and smiled.

"Yah! You planned this didn't you!" I said hitting him lightly.

"Hmm, just a tad," he said waving to his friends.

During the next few months we planned the wedding, only inviting friends and family. I would like to say this was a long wait for being his girlfriend, but his wife I'm sure this was unexpected.

"I am sorry, Yulmin for making you wait for me, but I swear, I will never, ever leave you again since now we are married," Jaejoong said after the ceremony.

"Thank you Jaejoong. At least it's me that you asked to marry. I'm not sure how I would have reacted if you married someone else," I said smiling and hugging him. The crowd clapped. We kissed and cut the cake. This story comes to is happy ending, after seven, almost eight, years.


A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I was thinking about this story for a long time and I finally decided that I would put the song into the story. I hope you enjoyed it, and if not I would gladly re-write it for you!