Chapter 6

Wishing Upon a Sun (it is a star, dont judge.)

Chapter 6
Soleil squealed as she walked into the living room. With the Christmas tree shining brightly and the smell of morning coffee was in the air, her dad was sleeping on the couch with Aunt Sohee in his arms. She quickly ran upstairs, grabbed her camera and took as many pictures of this moment as she can. She admires the snap shots she took in her room, maybe wishing upon a star really did work. Suddenly a loud thump was heard downstairs. Soleil put the pictures inside a book and shoved it back into her bookshelf.
“ouch, are you okay?” he said as he lend a hand to her
Sohee sat on the floor staring at him, is this for real?
“Are you really Jiyong? You’re not an imagination?” looking up to him, she asked
Jiyong pinched his cheek and looked at Sohee, “I think I am quite real.”
She took his hand and he pulled her up. Looking at his eyes, it was high school all over again. She let go and quickly walked to the door.

“Sohee, where are you going?” Jiyong said as he grabbed her arm
“I need to sort this out, I need to figure out what is ‘this’ before anything happens..”
“I have to wait.. again..” Jiyong said defeatedly
On the verge of tears, she said  “again? For over 7 years, I waited. I waited for you. ”
She closed the door behind her and walked down the paved path to her car.

Jiyong sat on the couch, repenting on what just happened.
“again? For over 7 years, I waited. I waited for you. ”
Putting his head in his hands, he couldn’t get his mind off Sohee.
That kiss. Her touch. Her voice.

Soleil climbed into his lap and wrapped her father’s arms around her. He can’t let this affect his little girl, any longer.

“Daddy, where are you going?” Soleil was on her way down to the kitchen, but saw her father about to leave in his business attire.

“Something came up, Yubin and T.O.P. is going to be here soon. Don’t worry, I won’t forget the Christmas party.”
Even though she was upset that her dad was going to leave her again for work, he remembered the Christmas party.

“Hey sweetheart, how is the plan going?” Yubin asked as soon as she came through the doors and trailing behind her is a very hungry T.O.P.
“Aunt Sohee left because she was doubtful...” Soleil said with her head down
“... but I have a plan.”
Yubin picked her up and smiled, “Of course you do”

Just then the kitchen door flew open and came out T.O.P with his hands in the air
“YUBIN-AH, THE OIL ATTACKED ME ”
Soleil and Yubin shaked their heads as the idiot look at them.

Sohee threw herself on her bed, laying there without a care in the world.
“what did I do...”
She was about to close her eyes when she heard a knock on her window. Sohee ignored it at first but it grew louder until she couldn’t take it any longer and look outside her window.

‘W-what is he doing out there? Sohee, wake up!’

“Sohee-ah!, I’m sorry.” he screamed
She still wouldn’t show her face

“It’s my fault for making you wait but I doubted myself! I doubted myself.. that I wouldn’t be able to give you the life you should have. The life, you deserve so much because you’re the most kind-hearted, giving, modest and caring person, I’ve ever met. Your laugh, your smile and your voice would drive me insane! I was stupid to leave the country, but I did it so I could do more for the family. The family that I dreamt of every night. The family with kids and a wife. A wife that could only be you. ”

Jiyong saw her looking out her window, ‘Is she really unwilling to look at me that she has to hide behind the curtains?’

“I only came here to tell you those things, to see if you’re willing to give me a chance that I don’t even deserve. I understand that you would hate me, I’ll leave and never bother you again.”

Sohee looked back and saw Jiyong walking further away from her house.
‘Sohee go after him!’ screamed her inner-self

Without a second to spare, Sohee burst out of her door
“Jiyong-ah!”

Jiyong didn’t know weather that it was his mind playing him or did Sohee just yelled out his name. Without turning around, Sohee continued to speak...
“You left without telling anyone where you were going, when you were coming back, without saying goodbye... You left me without an explanation. I tried so hard to forget and hate you! But I never did, and so don’t ever say for a minute that I, Ahn Sohee, hated you. I may loved you less but never hated you. . Kwon Jiyong, you bastard.... I love y-you.”

Jiyong ran up to her and embraced her with all his might. “Thank you”
He wiped her tears, put his hand around that framed her face, “I love you.”
The kiss was sweet but Sohee pulled away.
“Its getting cold... lets take this somewhere warmer”
Jiyong eyes were wide like saucers, “Did I hear correctly? Mandu wants me in her bed?”
Sohee puffed her cheeks and glared into his eyes. “Fine. You don’t want to.”
She stomped on his foot and left his mouth hanging open. She took this into her advantage and kissed him, but after fighting for dominance, Jiyong won.

Even in the freezing cold, the two lovebirds were toasty warm in each other’s embrace.
“I’ll leave for today, but you better attend the Christmas party in my house. I’ll pick you up at 6” Jiyong said before leaving her house.

Several days later, it was Christmas party at the Kwon’s. Soleil stood closely with Yubin and the other girls.
Tiffany took quick glances at Yunho time from time and sighed.
“How was your ‘fake date’ with Uncle Yunho?” asked Soleil
Tiffany took this by surprised, as she looked at Yunho, “It was good.. ”
“So when is the wedding?” asked Sunmi
After spending the night at Yunho’s house, everything was pretty normal. Tiffany was so drunk, Yunho wonders if she remembers anything. An hour before she woke up, Yunho fixed up her clothes and went to the couch to sleep.
Yunho walked quietly towards Tiffany and excused her from the group. When they were finally outside, before he could ask her anything, Tiffany covered his mouth with her hand.
“I remember. I remember throwing up on you. I remember telling you my.. secret.”
He took her hand away from his mouth and bring her face close to his, “now I can be at ease” and kissed her.  Their body came closer to each other as the kiss deepens.

“Here Yubin.” Sunye handed Yubin a glass of champagne. Yubin took it but secretly gave it to T.O.P to drink. This continue for the rest of the night.

“You ready?” He asked before they entered through the doors.
She nodded and took his hand. They entered the house and confetti was thrown all over them. “CONGRATULATION SOHEE & JIYONG”

Jiyong shaked the confetti off of himself and Sohee, and raised his hand up to get attention
“I didn’t ask her yet!”
“Seriously?” T.O.P said and Yubin gave him another glass of wine.

Kneeling in front of all their friends, Jiyong went down on his knee and brought out a box from his coat pocket
“Ahn Sohee, if there was one thing I would like to change about you, is your last name. Will you be my wife? ”
Sohee nodded and said yes, he slipped the ring on and gave her a kiss.
“Now, you may throw confetti on me and my wife!” yelled Jiyong as he picked up Soleil into his arms

As everyone is celebrating, T.O.P is dead drunk on the couch
“Yubin, I really can’t take anymore... Just tell them!”
“Tell us what?” Seungri asked
Yubin hit T.O.P’s head, “nothing..” she replied
T.O.P stood up and pointed at Yubin, “MY LOVE, YUBIN,  IS PREGNANT!”
and sat back down.
Yubin would killed TOP right there but then her friends bombard her with questions.

“Looks like I’m really going to have little cousin ” Soleil smiled happily as she took her parent’s hands.

“Merry Christmas everyone”