Chapter 3

Wishing Upon a Sun (it is a star, dont judge.)

CHAPTER 3

Someone is crying, but who?
It's a girl, but why is she crying?
The girl mumbled something that he had a hard time figuring out.
What is she saying?
The girl was hysterically crying at this point and screamed
"Don't leave me...."
Suddenly, something is calling for him."Daddy, Daddy...."
Jiyong woke up with sweat dripping from his face. Soleil was cuddling besides him.
What was that?
He quickly got up and did his routines. By the time he came back to his bed, Soleil wasn't there.
Walking by her bedroom, he saw her reading by the window, how much she looked like-
Jiyon faced palm himself, what is wrong with him?
Soleil noticed that her dad was acting very strange since Sohee’s last visit. He’s been getting dreams,dozing off to cloud nine, and even looking at her oddly when she reads by the window. Aunt Yoobin was right, reading by the window does make him remember Aunt Sohee. A very sly smile crept to her lips. This was going to a heck of a day for them.
Jiyong was still half asleep as he drove to the office. It was a busy day for him, well every day was. He used to be this fun loving guy and now, he’s stays strictly to the rules. Things do change as you get older.

Jiyong couldn’t be more annoyed as once he settled himself down, the phone would not stop ringing and knowing that it was his daughter and was positive that he didn’t make any promise to his angel,he was going to ignore every single call. Until finally, he picked up.
“Umm”
“What do you need?”Jiyong’s voice was colder than usual, which slightly frightened Soleil
“Well, you know how you signed me up for this camp?”
“Yes, you begged me to.” Jiyong rubbed his temple as he remembered her constant whine.
“For the orientation, you need to attend with a formal dress.”
“Didn’t you bring some in your suitcase?”
“No, and so I need to pick out a dress.”
“Fine, go with Aunt Yoobin then.”
“She’s busy. You know with work..”
“How about Aunt Tiffany? She loves dressing up.”
“Well, she has a date with.... Uncle Yunho... I don’t want to interrupt.”
“Then, I’ll go with you then, but it’s going to be late when I finish all this work.”
“That’s okay, Aunt Sohee agreed to bring me. ” Soleil said with excitement in her voice
Jiyong’s face turned serious, “Soleil, you listen to me right now, she is a very busy person, you can’t bother her.”
“Don’t worry, if I remember correctly,  Aunt Sohee is a fashion designer and  a model, so I think I’m in good hands. So, is it okay?”
What is he supposed to say? No? That won’t happen, look at how much happiness Sohee gave to Soleil. But why does it have to be his ex-girlfriend, why not Yoobin or Tiffany or even Yunho would have been fine. She was that something  and recently he was getting these weird feelings, which he should have thrown out a long time ago. He can’t afford to look at someone else after what he has done to Soleil’s mother.
“Fine,but be careful.” Jiyong said gently.
He heard his little angel chuckle through the phone, it made his day right there.
“I love you, Daddy.”
Soleil puts down the phone gently on the table.
“You little punk, me and WHO??? ”
Tiffany and the gang were at the living room eyeing her.
Sunye walked in with a tray of cookies and drinks.
“You have one quick second to hide behind Yeeun.”  Sunmi said to Soleil as she text on her phone
The girls came by to accompany Soleil on her hunt for the perfect dress, but they decided to assist the little girl putting their two friends back together.
“So, what’s the plan for today?” asked Sunye.
“Well, I never thought dad would think of Aunt Tiffany, so I didn’t have a choice....” Soleil said
“Its okay, at least it’s fake right?” shrugged Tiffany
“Not anymore~, Yunho oppa said he would help us.” Sunmi said excitedly
Tiffany eyes squink with confusion, “You... told him? and HE AGREED?!?”
Soleil nudged Sunye, “So, am I forgiven?”
Sunye responded with a whisper, “Off the hook”
“We are missing the main objective of today people..” said Yeeun
“Oh, thats right, Jiyong and Sohee.” said Sunmi
“Soleil should ditch them.” said Yoobin
“and miss out on all the fun?” said Soleil
“They need to see that they should get back together. Even, you could spy on them from afar.” replied Sunye.
“You could stay with me and Yunho, on our fake date.” Tiffany said as she sulked on her chair
“I guess it’s settled.” Yoobin said as she stood up
“But, you know.. playing with their feelings might not be such a good idea though..” said Lim who stood by the doorway.

They split up into teams, Sunye and Yeeun would manage the second floor of the mall as Sunmi would time every step carefully, Tiffany would meet up with Yunho at the cafe, along with Soleil, and Yoobin would initiate the plan.

As Soleil and Yoobin arrived at the cafe, they picked the perfect view of the mall.
“Aunt Yoobin, What do we do now? what will happen to Aunt Sohee?” asked Soleil
“I’m going to call Sohee in 2 minutes, when everyone is in their position.”
“Oh, I think I see her by the fountain.”
“Did you call you father yet?”
“Sunmi said, she would warn us when he gets here.”
Tiffany and Yunho came through the single door, with much hate,
Shoving and pushing, they got to their seats with their childish behavior.
“I want the seat by the view.” said Yunho as he made his way in.
“Well, no one cares about your opinion.” said Tiffany as she made went inside in a swift movement.
“This is by far the worst date.” said Yunho
“You forgot a very important part, IT’S FAKE.”
They refused to look at each other and didn’t dare to say another word.
“I guess that you guys are here, the plan can go on... smoothly...” said Yoobin

Tiffany called Sohee as Sohee waited patiently in the mall.
Sohee : Hello? Tiffany? Where are you? I thought we were going to shop for Soleil’s dress..
Tiffany : Oh, I’m so sorry Sohee, I have this.... date with someone....
She eyed the little girl as she said it.
Sohee : oh, ummm with whom?
Tiffany : Yun....
Sohee : Yun? Is that the guy who was stalking you?
Yunho overheard this and thought to himself how long it has been since the last time he saw that stalker, it’s been awhile since he saw that jerk.
Tiffany : Oh no, he hasn’t been following me in awhile. But never mind the person I’ve having this date with, but I’m really sorry.
Sohee : Oh, its okay
Tffany : Don’t worry Yoobin is supposed to drop Soleil to the mall later, so just wait for her.
Sohee : Oh okay, have fun with your date. Oh! and tell Yunho, I wish him well.
With that said, Sohee hung up.
“I’m going to get our orders.” Yunho said as he stood up
Soleil chuckled as Tiffany. “Come on, you know you wanted this to happen ”
“You’re so adorable, I just wanna eat you up.”
Yunho came back with their order, “You called your father yet?”
Soleil dialed her father’s phone and was lucky enough for her father to answer her at the first ring.
“What is it?”
“Ah! Daddy, ummmm. Can you come over the mall?”
“What for?”
“Since I’m buying a lot of things, is it okay if you come and carry all of our shopping bags?”
“Your one lucky girl today, I just finished the last paper. I’ll be there soon. Where are you?”
“At the main floor, you know with the fountain?”
“Give me twenty minutes top.”
Soleil glanced at Sohee, who was now sitting on the edge of the fountain. “He’s coming.”
“Well, I actually have work to do, so I’ll be going, ” Yoobin said
Yoobin left the cafe and carefully exited the mall without anyone noticing her.
As she boards the car, she felt someone following her. Turning around, she saw a rather tall handsome man.
“Hey.”
“You scared me, you want me to die???” Yoobin said as she placed her hand at her heart.
T.O.P was standing there with a smile worth a million dollars.
“Sorry, but I’ve noticed a little shadow following you.”
“Huh? Who?” Yoobin spun around and saw no one., “Are you lying Seunghyun?”
T.O.P, showed Yoobin the little girl, who was holding his hand...
“I have a very good reason!” said Soleil

T.O.P was driving as Yoobin explain what happened.
“Yeah, somehow she snuck out of your sight.” said Yoobin as she looked out the window
“I’m so sorry, I was........ distracted” said Tiffany
“I will need details later, just enjoy your date.”
“ITS FAKE!”

“Do you think this plan will work?” asked Seunghyun/ T.O.P
"I'm certain it will." Yoobin answered her voice quite accurate.
"You said that Aunt Sohee  is daddy's ex-girlfriend. So it means they love each other before."
Yoobin and T.O.P  smiled and nodded. "They do but things had changed."
"So…if they love each other before, so it means they can still do the same…I hope so…"

Sohee waited and waited. Where was the little ball of energy? She was worried, anxious and troubled. Did Soleil get lost? Where did she go? Was she abducted? Where could this little girl go?
Someone began to cough behind her, Sohee whirled around and forgot for a moment that she was a the edge of the fountain.
Sohee took a quick breath, and inches before hair could touch the water, Jiyong caught her and pulled her close to him. Hurriedly, her face became rouse as she paled a bit. “H-hi..”
“Where’s my daughter?”
His glare gave her body the chills, goosebumps crawled  all over. “I-I’m waiting for her here..”
Jiyong was going to say something, but is the nick of time, his phone rang before he could finish his words.
“Excuse me.” he said as he walked away from the fountain.

“Sunmi just texted me, your dad is approaching Sohee.” said Yoobin
“Oh, let me call him before he leaves her.” replied Soleil
“Daddy? I’m so sorry, can you accompany Aunt Sohee to buy my things? Aunt Yoobin is letting me help her around the office. Please daddy, stay there, Aunt Sohee was nice enough to give her free time up for this.”
What was he supposed to do? Can’t he say no this time?
“You’re joking right, because this is not a very good one.”
“Please, just this once.”
“I don’t know what you’re  trying to do, but alright”
“Thank you, Daddy.”
Jiyong turned to Sohee, who was looking at him with those beautiful eyes. He mentally smacked himself.
“I’m really sorry for this inconvenience but my daughter seems to be leaving me for a day at the office.”
“What about her clothes?”
“I would have to look for them on my own, you may go.”
Sohee looked at him and shook her head,”Soleil entrusted me with the responsibility to help with this matter, so I suppose I have to help you. ”
“Ms. Ahn....”
Sohee looked back at him, “Yes?”
“Honestly...” He looked at all those store behind him, “Where are we supposed to go?” his expression was innocent yet it showed Sohee how serious he was.
Sohee wanted to laugh, but had to hold it in merely to save the face of her companion. But something came out accidentally.
“You’re still very humorous, Jiyong. ”
They both froze once more, no one bothered to speak but waited for their trip to come to an end. They walked around until they came to the kids department, a sales lady came up to them and introduced them to the latest line, but Jiyong simply walked passed her.
“Good morning sir, ma’am, what are you looking for?”
Sohee looked at Jiyong but he was too busy looking over some dresses.
“We’re looking for some formal wear for a six year old girl.”
"It's in the other section sir." The lady gestured and ushered the two.
When they got there, the lady gave them clothes that they could choose from. There were pink, lavender and baby blue dresses. Obviously, Jiyong could not distinguish what was right and would fit for his daughter. Once more, his golden brown eyes landed at his companion, eyes shimmering and asking for her opinion.
Sohee smiled, grabbing the clothes as she examined it on her own. "Ahm…Mr.Kwon, what could be her favorite color?"
Why is she calling me so formal?

Color? He didn't know. His eyes made another glint, emphasizing the question mark on it.
"You don't know." It was a statement. Sohee spun around and grabbed a light pink dress, simple yet cute. "This would be better for her." Sohee raised the  dress and looked at Jiyong.
It would fit the girl since the upper part had a simple design, a simple collar, sleeveless and had some embroidery, and it wouldn't be an obstruction to her playing.
"If that would fit for her then it's all right."
"Ma'am, it's really beautiful, nice choice. I'm certain that your daughter will like it."
Sohee's face turned warmer all of the sudden. She opened to speak but halted once she felt the hand of the man on her own.
"We're on a hurry, will you mind packing it already," said Jiyong to the saleslady.
The woman nodded and packed the dress, following the two on their way to the counter.
"Mr.Kwon, I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding." Sohee muttered, still in tow of the lad.
"It's already done."
Jiyong hurriedly paid the dress and went out of the store.
"Ah! Mr.Kwon"
Jiyong ignored her at first, sustaining his walk. But the lady didn't stop, Jiyong halted and glared at her.
Sohee's face turned warmer once more. Words hadn't reached her lips, she gulped. " m-my hand." she looked away.
Realizing his grip on her hand for quite some time, Jiyong  unraveled his hand as he cleared his throat. "I'm sorry."
"It's ok. So we already bought Soleil's dress."
"Thank you for your time, you may go—" his phone rang. Jiyong excused himself and answered the phone.
Sohee could clearly hear the words 'what' and 'why', followed with a heavy exasperating sigh from the man. He turned around. Apparently, Sohee knew what the meaning behind his frowning feature.
"She asked for something, am I right?" she began and the man nodded.
"Sorry for disturbing you, it's alright if you leave now and I can take care of this matter on my own."
Sohee chuckled, she didn't know why, but the urge of laughing came to her senses. This must be the first time for a long time that they had the longest conversation ever since the day they parted ways.
"Is there something funny?" he raised a brow.
"No, it's nothing. It's just that, we keep on saying sorry the whole time."
Jiyong sighed, easing a bit. "I guess you're right." His lips ever so lightly curved upward.
"Finally."
"Hm?"
Sohee shook her head, a smile on her face bloomed out. "Since I'm already here, I'll just help you with the things Soleil wanted to buy. What is it anyway?"
"It's nothing necessary; I can deal it on myself."
"Come on, it's alright."
"It's nothing. She just wanted me to buy new clothes."
"That's it?" Sohee mechanically grabbed his hand as it was her turn to tow him away. They stopped at the men's department and a saleslady approached them.
Sohee began to look for clothes that would fit him. She stopped midway, reminiscing through the time when she actually doing the same before. A bitter frown drew its way on her lips.
"...So-hee?" his voice sounded worried. He'd been calling her but she remained perturbed.
Sohee snapped back. "Huh?"
Jiyong didn't say a word, walking closer to her, face full of  worries. He halted arm-length at her. "Are you alright?" he muttered raising his hand up to her forehead.
She couldn't move even for a minute action, her eyes were the only one who were traveling and scrutinizing the man in front of her. Her heart rolled like a drum, breathing caught off in her lungs as though it stopped from expanding.
His hand landed at her forehead, checking if somehow she didn't feel well. Once it appeared fine, the growing worries inside him vanished in split seconds.
His hand touched her forehead, sliding to her cheek, as though electricity ran through her spine, stimulating her nerves and making her face warmer. Her grip in the clothes made crumples to settle there. Her hands were shaking and numbed in her grip. "I-I'm fine." she moved away.
Jiyong glanced at her, hand still suspended above the air and face looked surprised. After sometime, he shook his head and turned to his usual appearance.
"D-do you want this one? It suits you." Sohee changed the topic, her hands still shaking thus her grip tightened around the clothes.
"Let's just cancel this. I suppose you're not feeling well."
Sohee shook her head. "No, I'm fine. Just try this then we can leave." Sohee shoved the sleeves.
Jiyong, couldn't say any oppose, decided to grab the clothes and tried it in the fitting room. He went out and glanced at his companion.
Sohee smiled. "Perfect!'
"What a nice pick ma'am. It surely suits your husband perfectly."
Sohee glanced at the saleslady, face calm and as though she was already tired of reacting too much. "No, miss, he's not my—"
"I'll take this and as well with the clothes she's holding." Jiyong cut her words as he talked to the saleslady.
They paid the clothes and sustained their walk.
Sohee walked along side with Jiyong but then suddenly stopped
" why did you.....?"
"We don't know them and they don't know us, they will surely forget everything. Explaining to them is not necessary," Jiyong muttered and stopped. "We already got what she wanted, thank you for your time."
"It's alright, besides, I'm planning to buy something as well, so it is no big deal."
"Do you have a car to go home?"
"No, I left it at home, I'll just ride the train."
"Considering all your help, I suppose I should help you this time."
Sohee's eyes made a leap in size. "N-No, it's alright, I'm fine." Her hands swayed in front of his face.
"I insist, I don't take no for an answer."
"B-but…" Sohee looked down, fiddling her bag before she glanced again. "Sorry for the trouble but thank you."
Looking for her dress didn't take time, she had planned to buy a particular dress and that was they did. They stalled at the counter as Sohee's hand dived through her bag, searching for her wallet to pay for her clothes.
A cold hand came to halt her aid, she glanced back, face surprised. "Uhm,  I'm looking for my wallet, did you forgot something to buy?"
The lad shook his head. "Let me pay for your things."
"What?"
Her 'what' wasn't finished yet but the lad already purchased her things. She couldn't do anything but to stare when the cashier gave the bag to her companion, mouthing a 'come back again' words.
"W-what. Why? You shouldn't."
"It's a matter of thanking you."
"But I didn't ask for it."
"It's already done, it can't be helped."
His hand came into contact with hers once more. It seemed holding her hand gave a great impact to him—for the second time. He felt nostalgic, homesick and somehow longing, yearning.
"W-where are we going now?"
"I'll take you home."
Sohee heaved her hand, doing so gave a digging feeling in her chest. "Mr.Kwon,  I can ride the train instead."
"I'm doing this for my daughter. I'm very much indebted of you for taking care of her whenever I'm not able to fulfill her needs."
Apparently, she gave up. Besides she would save her money. "Alright then, thank you for your kindness."
They rode his car. Silence clucking between them all the way to her apartment. Jiyong parked the car and helped the lady. They walked until to her apartment door.
“After all these years, you still remember my parents’ house...”
“w-well...”
"Do you want to go inside to drink some tea?" Sohee asked.
He looked at his Rolex wristwatch and back to the lady. "I have to leave. Perhaps Soleil is at home now."
"Ah, right, Ahm… goodbye then."
"Goodbye."
The words, uncertain, no one made a move or somehow no one wanted to part ways.
Jiyong sighed, took her arm and made Sohee face him, with one swift motion.. Sohee tiptoeing until they had the same height. He leaned closer but Sohee turned in a split second and planted a small kiss on his cheek. "Goodbye."
Shock plastered on his face but it abruptly contorted as his lips curved lightly. "Till next time…Mandu" he mumbled that only she could hear.