Chapter 1

Wishing Upon a Sun (it is a star, dont judge.)

Still very irritated by the lost chapter that I was never able to recover from. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Annoucements are being made throughout the airport, people walk, run to their destination, familes and friends greet each other, some cried and some talked really loud. 

"Appa! Hurry!" cried Soleil

Soleil was only a newborn when her mother died but as long as she is with her father, she smiles brightly for his every effort to be there for his child. 

"Would you slow down?" he said as he pushed the cart that is full of luggage. 

"Where are they?" she said as she looked around with hand-binoculars

"They must be-" he looked as his daughter sprinted into the crowd of people

"Soleil!"

She ran past the big body of people, she has to catch up to her

"It has to be her" thought Soleil

She hears her father cry for her but she cant seems to let go of that person. 

Running after her was the only solution, maybe if her father looked at the lady he would say the same, but then he might not. He still didnt know that she knows about his past. 

Once in America, she walked around the house as quietly as she could because she didnt want to disturb her father but as she reached his study room, she saw him looking at a book saying that he was sorry. At first she taught of how manly her father was as the CEO of a company, then she looks at the book he reads "A Hopeless Love". Her father amaze her everyday.  It became a daily routine to check up on her father. Then one day her father went out in the early mourning and left Soleil with a friend of his. She took this chance to go into his study and take a peek of that book he was reading. She found it hidden in the draw of his desk. As she flip up the page, nothing was out of the ordinary, it was just a regular book. It was highlighted and underline with a pencil and flipping through the book, a photo came out. She wuickly picked it up and saw a girl holding a boy's hand as they stood on a stage. That man was her father in his teens, at first she was laughing so hard because of her father's werid hairdo. Then she looked at the girl, who is she? Who was she to her father? Soleil knew for sure that that women is not her mother. Maybe she could her aunt that no one ever told her about. But the lady was really pretty. 

"What are you doing here?" 

Soleil was shocked and the photo slipped out of her hands to the floor. Her father's friend picked it up and realized what Soleil was looking at. 

"You know thats your father right?" 

"Not really, he hardly smiled like that anymore." Soleil said with a sigh

"You that lady next to him is not your mother but he treasure that lady very much." 

"Is she my long lost aunt?" Soleil said with a raised eyebrow

"No, but she is probably the only one besides you that could make him smile like that. Well also your mom."

"Is she here? In America?"

"She's in South Korea, she works as a model now. "

"Are you friends?"

"Yes, she is my lovely dongsaeng."

"Umm....ajumma?"

"Ajumma??? Do I look that old to you? Call me Yoobin-unnie."

"Yoobin unnie... okay!" said Soleil as she smiled brightly at her new friend.

Snapping back to reality, she hears her father next her.

"You. are. in.so.much.trouble."

"But!"

The lady wasn't there anymore.

"Where is he??" said Jiyong

"Maybe he's picking up Yoobin unnie."

"So you think their together?"

"You never know. I think TOP-sshi has a liking towards Yoobin unnie."

"So you can see it too.. Hmmm there they are!"

"Sorry we're late, this idoit forgot about you." said Yoobin

"Sorry.... Hey~ " TOP said to Soleil

They gave each other high-fives and hugs

"You've grown so tall!" said Yoobin

"Dad said I'm going to be shorter than him for the rest of my life." she said as she points to her father

"Dont worry, we girls have a secret to be taller than guys.. its all in the shoe! " Yoobin said as she points to her high heel

"Lets get going." said Jiyong

"Race you." Yoobin said to Soleil

They ran to the car parked at the entrance. The two men lung the luggage to the car. 

"Were you late because you went to pick up Yoobin?"

"Kinda...we were making-"

"If you say love, I'm proud of you because you hav'ent made a move on her since ...ever"

"Conversation. We were making CONVERSATION! god, Jiyong. "

"Appa!!" Soleil waved frantically at her fathers as she smiled brightly

"Her smile is like.. " said TOP

"Lets get going..."

Jiyong join his daughter and TOP put the last of the luggage in the back and climb to the driver seat

"What are we going to do in Korea? asked Soleil

"Well first you need to unpack in korea and then take a nice nap before our party." said Yoobin

"A party? Dad you going right! We just came to Korea and you dont have anything to do today! "

"How would you know that?"

"I saw your scedule"

"Oh. Fine."

"Promise?"

"I cross my heart and hope to die."

They've drove to the house they were staying in. Pulling into the driveway.

stock-photo-luxurious-big-beautiful-hous

"This is so big!" said Soleil

"This is our new house, hope you like your bedroom."

"I have a new bedroom!"

"Also something else, I know you were upset when you have to leave your swing set in America but-"

"YOU BROUGHT IT HERE?"

"yeah..."

"your the BEST!" Soleil said as she reached for her dad for a hug

"Come on kiddo, you have a lot of upacking to do."

They open the front door and Soleil ran inside with her mini-luggage that her dad brought for her after a lot of whining.

"Here." Jiyong said as he gave TOP and Yoobin a key

"Just in case she needs help and I'm not there quick enough"

"Yoobin-unnie come look!" Soleil screamed down the stairs

"Coming!"

Yoobin went upstairs to find the little girl at the doorway of her bedroom

Soleil's bed room door was label with her name and a lollipop. She took the lollipop and put it in .

"Strawberry.. my favorite. Did dad do this?"

"I was in charge to handle the decoration for the house my friend must have stuck it there. Now that you mention it.. you both love strawberry..."

"Ohh, will I meet you friend soon?"

"She might come to the party, she's just as busy as your father."

"Oh."

"Come'on open your door."

Soleil took a deep breath and took a safe though that she might not like her new bedroom but she must have some faith. 

"Oh my god... "

Luxury-Beige-Kids-Bedroom

The bedroom was fit for a princess like her.

"Wow, she did an amazing job like always. You like it?"

"I love it!"

She ran and jumped on the bed, and twirled around the room.

"I'm going to tell my dad!"

She went down stairs and is followed by Yoobin

She hug him from behind 

"Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you"

"Your welcome? You like your bedroom? You should thank Yoobin instead of me."

"Well, just thank you!"

Suddenly a beeping noise was heard, Yoobin picked up with phone and looked at Soleil. 

She knew this too well, Yoobin has to go somewhere and leave her alone. She sees it all the time when her father gets a call from the company.

"Its okay."

"Sorry Soleil but you are going to see me at the party at 8, so you then."

Yoobin goes to fetch the idoit in the fridge. 

"See you both at the party?"

"Yeah." replied Jiyong

"Did you see your room yet?"

"No.."

"What are you waiting for? Go look at it now!"

"Ok,okay,ok"

Soleil pushed her father up to his room .

"Open the door." said Soleil

"I will open the door." he said to his daughter

As he opened the door, Soleil fasten up the pace and ran inside.

"Wow! your bedroom is so ..you!"

"Whats me?"

"You know, chic, modern. . . stylish."

"Oh."

Mens-Bedroom-Ideas-590x393.jpg

"The view is nice though." said Jiyong

Suddenly a melody was playing, it was Jiyong's cellphone. He quickly picked it up and exited the room

"Hello? Yes. Now?? Fine. " 

Jiyong shuts the phone and walked back in

"Sorry Soleil but I've got to go somewhere, I'll be back okay."

"Are you still going to the party?"

"Maybe" he said with a doubtful expression

"Okay come back early..."

"If you need any help, the home phone has everyone's contact number."

"kay..."

With that said he left the house. Soleil wandered around the house some more. She found the kitchen is hardly stored with any food. There is a room with a grand piano in it and around 4 bathrooms just on the first floor alone. She travels back to her bedroom and saw a bookshelf near her bed.

One by one she took out books and read them quietly on her bed. If there is one thing you should know about Soleil, is that she is a bookworm. She loves reading and dreams of being everything she reads. She wanted to be a doctor, an artist, a musician, a singer, a conductor, a teacher and much more. 

Soon the bookshelf was emptied out by this 6 year old. She was going to put back the books when she saw words craved on the back of the bookshelf.

"A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend. " ~Author Unknown

She repeated this quote over and over in her head. She decided to take the home phone and play with it like she did when she was alone at America. She would have two of them and talk to herself just to hear her voice over the phoe. Soleil went outside and waited for her father on the playset he brought from America. Swinging her feets up and down the swing. It started to dizzle a bit and she ran back into the house, but as she reached the door, she pushed and shoved the door opened but it would not budge. 

"Just my luck"

Slumping on the steps she heard something dropped from her pocket and found the phone has been with her the whole time. 

She looked through the contact listed and found "Kim Yoobin"

"Hello?"

"Yoobin-unnie?"

"Soleil?? Whats the matter?"

"I'm locked outside... Dont tell me father please!"

"I'll be right there, are you cold?"

"No, but I'm kinda wet"

"Oh god, try to stay as dry as you can."

Moments later Yoobin came in a car and opened the door with the spare Jiyong gave her. 

Soleil took a shower and got dress. She went downstairs and saw Yoobin reading the newspaper.

"Its seven forty-five, should we be going?" asked Yoobin

"Dad suppose to be here already..he must be not going then."

"Dont say that, I bet your father is coming here soon."

"I'm going to call him."

Meanwhile at a certain building, a man in his late 20's sat on desk that was filled with contracts, documents and papers. The receiver called out making the man stop in what he was doing.

"Hello?"

"Mr.Kwon, your daughter is calling. Should I put her through?"

"Tell her I'm busy"

The call end and he went back to work. Moments later another call was placed on his cell.

"Home."

He picked up the call

"Soleil, I'm busy right now."

"Well do you know what time it is?"

"7:50"

"and what time is the party?"

"8"

"You said you would come to the party! You've promised!" she cried out

"I just can't right now, I'm busy"

"But daddy, you said you're coming with us. You promised me that we will go to your reunion party with your friends." The little girl in the other line answered.

"I can't right now, I have things to finish."

"B-but you promised." the girl sobbed. He could hear that another person was beside his daughter, that person grabbed the phone.

"Jiyong, will you take a rest for a while and take your daughter in the party. You already promised her, don't disappoint her again." The voice said.

Jiyong sighed, heavily. "Yoobin? Alright, I'll be there, please do prepare her things." He ended the call afterwards.

Honestly, he didn't want to go, even the slightest, but he had been disappointing and breaking promises to his little girl, he should not do the same this time.

Halfheartedly, he went out of his office, informing his secretary before sustaining towards his car. For about thirty minutes, he had parked his car in front of their mansion. A six  years old girl came running to welcome her beloved father.

Wind brushed her brown hair backward. She hugged her father before she talked. "You're late…we should be there thirty minutes earlier."

All he could do was to smile. His exhaustion miraculously omitted from his body, merely, by hearing his daughter's sweet voice. "I'm sorry."

Afterwards, they took their leave. They reached the restaurant garden and Soleil hurriedly ran to find someone she knows.

She smiled, lowering her pace as she reached her destination. A lady, approximately, the same age as his father, gave her a light smile.

"Aunt Tiffany!" she hugged the girl.

"Oh! Soleil!, its so nice to see you again. It seems you had succeeded to take your father away from his office."

The girl nodded. "Daddy is at  the entrance talking to Yoobin."

"I see, I see," Tiffany muttered.

"Why don't you look for your uncle Yongbae for a while and meet the others."

The girl beamed and left.

"So it was you all along." His voice traced with coldness. His arms crossed and brows knitted in annoyance.

"Come on, Jiyong, it is just a party for all of us. Heck, it's been years you haven't seeing them."

"I don't have to see them. I'm merely doing this for my child and nothing more. You know that I won't waste my time, having such nonsense things with you."

" still the dragon we know of. You haven't changed a bit." The voice interrupted behind Tiffany.

Tiffany looked back as a very stylish guy made his appearance.

"I'm not talking to you Yunho." Jiyong retorted.

"I—"

"Daddy!" Soleil cut Yunho's word.

The man simply gawked at the girl as she approached Jiyong. He watched, with all wonders in his eyes, how the kid looked so close to the famous dragon.

"Daddy? Don't tell me this is your daughter?" words slipped in Yunho's mouth.

Father and daughter looked at him. Soleil smiled, walking toward the Yunho before she muttered. "Hello, I'm Soleil Kown, nice meeting you. You must be Daddy's BEST FRIEND."

Tiffany chuckled at the corner while the two's faces painted in both disgust and aghast.

"HELL NO!" they both protested in unison.

"Huh? Daddy, he is your best friend, am I wrong? Aunt Tiffany and Yoobin said he is."

Tiffany flinched as she could clearly see two pairs of daggered eyes toward her. "H-Hey, it's just a joke…jeez!"

Yunho grunted. "Anyways, it's a surprise that you have your own family now. So where's her mo—"

He was going to ask where the mother was but Tiffany started to pull him back to the restaurant. "Let's go, the others must be waiting for us."

"W-wait, I'm still asking hi—"

"Let's go!" she completely pulled him away.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" Tiffany whispered.

"W-wait, did I say something wrong?" Yunho mimicked her lowered voice.

Tiffany grunted, massaging her forehead before she glanced back at him. 

Confusion sketched on the pianist's face, big question mark somehow popped out from his eyes. "Earth to Tiffany?"

"Soleil's mother died when she was giving birth to the girl. It was such a pain for him to find out what happened to his wife." She sighed. "He was in a meeting abroad that time. Yeeun and I couldn't manage to tell him about it but the secrets can't be sealed forever, when he returned he found everything. It took a long time before he accepted the truth, but until now, to make him forget what had happened, he tried to focus himself in works and promised to take care of his daughter with all his life. Bringing such topic would only make him depress."

Yunho couldn't believe what he heard.

"Aunt Tiffany!" Soleil ran.

The two looked at her. "What is it darling? Where's your father again. Hn?" Tiffany knelt down and lifted the kid. "Wow, your heavy, do you want uncle Yunho to lift you instead?"

The little girl chuckled and motioned to the lad. At first, he was surprised; he couldn't believe that the man could have such cheerful daughter. He smiled. "Let's go to the others then, Neh Soleil." he lifted the kid and walked.

"Daddy is talking to uncle Daesung and Seugri, he said I should meet the others first while they are talking." The little kid muttered, looking back and forth to her uncle and aunt. "Aunt Tiffany, is Uncle Yunho your boyfriend?"

The two both stopped. "No way!" Tiffany shouted.

"Well, hell no, I will not even marry that kind of woman."

"Shut up and keep on walking. Sheesh." Tiffany punched his arm, earning a light complaint from him.

When they got there, the others were waiting for them. Hurriedly, Soleil introduced herself, making the others to exchange looks at one another. Tiffany chuckled, gesturing Sunye and Sunmi to look for the kid while she tried to explain what happened.

"Aunt Sunye, why did they look that way?" Soleil began while walking.

"Ah, they are just—surprised. Yeah, that's it, surprised since that the dragon,you dad, has a jolly daughter."

"dragon?" 

"Yeah, that's what we called your father back in the days"

The girl chuckled. "Dragon…daddy can be sometimes firece and scary but he's not as mean as a dragon," she defended.

"It is just a nickname, nothing personal, really." Sunmi fluffed the girl's hair.

"You sure are his best friend." she chuckled once more.

"That...yeah." said the two girls.

Soleil chuckle became louder, making a speck of tears stayed in her eyes. She halted, midway, as her sight landed at the woman sitting at the corner. Without her awareness, she strode down toward her, ignoring the ladies's call.

"Hello…" she shyly muttered, tugging the woman's shirt in the process.

The lady glanced back. "Hello." she responded, face painted with a sweet smile. "You must be Ji's daughter, nice meeting you, Soleil."

The girl's eyes grew bigger. "How did you know me?"

"Your Aunt Yoobin told me about you and I've decorated your room"

"You did that?"

"Did you like it? I wondering weather I should do a princess theme or a-"

"I've love what you've done to my room, did you know I love books because the bookshelf had all my favorites"

"Well, I'm happy you like it and I never knew you were such a fan of books, I think we can be great friends." 

"Hmm…" Soleil gazed back. "What's your name?"

"Soleil, why did you run?" Sunye said between pants. "Sohee?"

"Sunye unnie! How are you?" Sohee stood up and smiled.

"You are Ahn Sohee?" Soleil's eyes shimmered. Her aunt Yoobin told her many things about the woman as well. At the very first time Aunt Yoobin told her about Sohee, she was very eager to meet her. "Daebak!"

Both Sunye and Sohee looked at her.

"Is something the matter?" Sohee asked.

"You are a model, designer, teacher, singer and dancer, right?" Soleil asked and the woman nodded. It only gave another sparks in her eyes.

Sunye, realizing that the woman could look for Soleil for a while, excused herself. "Sohee, if you don't mind it, can I leave Soleil here for a while. I'll look for that Yongbae, he must be wandering or looking for me."

Sohee laughed. "Sure, it would be my pleasure."

When Sunye left, Soleil gazed at Sohee once more. "I really like you." she said.

"Why, thank you. But may I ask why?"

"Aunt Yoobin said you can make my father smile. It's nice to see someone, other than my mom,make my father happy."

Sohee have the kid sits on the chair and caressed her hair. "Well, I think that good but I consider that as a compliment then, thank you."

The girl chuckled in her touch, "it's ticklish."

"Do you like cake?" Sohee asked while laughing.

The girl looked at her and beamed her smile, "I love cake too"

"So...." Sohee said as she ponder 

"Strawberry." They both said in chorus.

"So you like strawberry cake as well?" Sohee chuckled and the kid nodded.

The waiter gave them the cakes and they both began to eat it. "Have you met the others?" Sohee said, scooping a small amount of the cake.

"Yeah, Uncle Seungri is so weird, uncle Daesung…" Soleil paused to think a good word to say, she smiled afterward knowing what word would fit the man. "Is so hopeless when it comes to tie colors, and aunt Sunmi seems so quiet, but she looks nice." Soleil smiled. "Uncle Yunho and Aunt Tiffany look like a couple. Are they?"

Sohee choked, surprised that the girl knew about that certain thing. "Umm, well its hard to say they are."

The girl nodded in understanding as she scooped a big amount of cake. It was, as if, normal for a kid in her age to ask that question. Sohee shrugged her shoulder, she didn't have an idea of what kids these days think, probably it was natural for them to think older than their age.

Soleil continued eating as some icing went on her face , making her look iresible

Sohee tries to hide her laugh and  brought out her handkerchief and wiped the icing on Sohee's face. "Look at that, you're face is sticky now." She kidded.

The girl pouted. "Eh…"

"Let's wash your face." Sohee grabbed Soleil's little hand as they both walked to the restroom.

Sound of the running water and a child's laughter. Once the sink was filled, she lifted Soleil and sat her at the corner. Sohee wetted her handkerchief and wiped the kid's face.

The kid simply looked at her, will she make my father smile, even a little? A little curve formed on Soleil's lips. It was a different feeling that someone was taking care of her. A feeling that somehow she didn't feel once but wanted every since. Her heart beats warmly inside her.

"It's the vacation but daddy is still busy with his work." she opened another conversation.

Sohee stopped from her aid and glanced at the kid, raising her eyebrows.

"Hn…he doesn't change a bit." She sighed.

"Maybe, he's doing it so that he will be free this vacation to spend more time with you."

Soleil shook her head. "I doubt it, he was going to ditch this party for work. Again!"

Sohee felt sad and guilty for the kid. "Why don't you wish on a star that your dad would be free this vacation?"

"Huh? I haven't tried to wish for that. I don't know if that works."

"It is if you believe." Sohee smiled as she finished cleaning the kid's face.

The little kid smiled. "If my wish will be granted, I'll wish for-"

A light knock behind the door pulled them out from their conversation. "Ah…S-sohee?" the voice said. Sohee didn't need to look back to distinguish who it was. She knew very well who had such tone when talking.

"Daddy!" Soleil jumped from the ledge and hugged her father. "What took so long?" she pouted.

"Sorry, it took a while before our conversation finished. We need to go now, it is  late." Jiyong replied

"But I want to stay here for a little longer..."

"No, it is already late, next time." Jiyong finished and glanced at Sohee

The lady forced a smile.

"Sohee, thank you for taking care of my daughter. We will take our leave now."

"It's alright. Goodbye Soleil," she muttered looking at the kid.

The kid grunted, smiling at Sohee. "Goodbye, see you next time. and thank you."

Jiyong led his daughter out of the place. He took one last glance at her again. Laughing with the others, he smiled.

They rode their car and started to leave the place. Soleil glanced at his father and smiled. "Daddy, if you could have one wish, what would it be?"

Jiyong looked at her. "Why did you ask?"

"Can't you just answer me!" she demanded while pouting.

"I just want you to be happy, that's all I want." Jiyong said.

The little girl chuckled. "If my wish will be granted I want daddy to be happy as well…"

"Because all you have to do is reach for it.."

A little smile crept to his lips. "Thank you then."

"I'll help the star to accomplish its task."