Chapter 2

Wishing Upon a Sun (it is a star, dont judge.)

"Daddy?"
“I’m in the kitchen!” said a feminine voice
Soleil shuffled her way inside the kitchen. Yoobin was flipping flapjacks on the stove, glanced at the sleepy head as she settled herself on the chair. They smelled great and Soleil couldn’t wait to devour it.
“Their almost done, you wanna get something to drink as I set these on the plates?” said Yoobin
Soleil waltzed her way to the refrigerator and pulled out a carton of orange juice. By the looks of it, her father left every for work.
“Hope you're hungry because today is a very special day.” Yoobin said as she set down two plates of pancakes.
Yes, today was indeed a very important day. It was a day to bring your child to work day, a day which her father promised to dedicate the entire day to her.
“Soleil, I’m going to get something from my car, okay?”
Yoobin exited the house and left Soleil stuffing the pancakes inside her small mouth, then it hits her.
She picks up the phone and quickly dialed her father’s workplace. After several of rings, no one picked up.
“So he’s ignoring me?” Soleil thought
She called his personal cell and after 2 rings someone picked up.
“Hello, this is Mr. Kwon’s secretary.”
“Oh, this is his daughter, can I please talk to him?”
“Please wait a moment. ”
Yoobin came in and saw the little girl on the floor with the phone attached to her ear. Must be her father. She leaves the little girl with her father and went to clean the kitchen.
“Soleil, what is it?” said her father over the phone.
“When are you picking me up?” Soleil asked
“To go where?”
“Don’t tell me you’ve forgot...”
She hears her father exhaled. He forgot their promised
“I’m so sorry Soleil, but with all this work from yesterday that I didn’t get to finish, I really can’t”
“But, you promised!” whines Soleil
Jiyong rubbed his temples and took a deep breath, he couldn’t afford to raise his voice.
“I’m really sorry...”
“What’s so hard to spend some time with me?” she asked in a small voice
“Please Soleil, ”
It was sad for Soleil that her father broke another promise but something occurs to her. A smile crept to her lips.
“Can I ask someone else to play with me?”
Jiyong immediately thought of Yoobin
“Please be careful.”
Hanging up, Soleil walked back to the table and continued to eat the rest of her breakfast.
“Umm, Aunt Yoobin?”
“What is it?” Yoobin said as she dried the plates.
“Do you have Aunt Sohee’s number?” Soleil said quickly
“May I ask why?”
“Well, Dad can’t play with me today and I was thinking since she took care of me so well, I was wondering if she could attend a play date with me for today.”
“My darling, of course she will, just wait here okay? Let me call her.”
The conversation went (this is only Yoobin speaking)
“Hey my lovely dongsaeng, do you have time today?”
“Oh.”
“No, it was just that, you see Soleil is alone at this time and needs someone to accompany her today, I can’t because of the company.”
“You would? Your a lifesaver.”
Yoobin closed her phone and looked at Soleil with an approving smile.
“Is she coming? Is she?” asked the eager little girl
“Yes, she’ll be here in less than an hour.”
Soleil tightly hugged Yoobin
“Thank you. Thank You. Thank You.”

“You know. this is a very brilliant plan.”
“Promise me that you’re not going to tell my father, I’m just trying to...”
“if I have time, I will help you okay?”

The girl smiles once more.”Yeah, thanks again...bye”
“I’m going and good luck!”
Yoobin left with a click of the door, Soleil ran upstairs to prepare for the day.
She had to pick out the right colors to wear and what to bring.
The doorbell echoed around the house. In unison with its sound, her heart raced against her chest in both excitement and nervousness. She was looking forward to this meeting and she feels that ever since they’ve met at that gathering. She misses her so much even though they’ve only met for a short moment of time.
Soleil took a deep breath.
She opened the door,"Good morning, are you ready to go now."
It seemed her voice was an orchestra in Soleil's ears; every word flattered the little kid. A smile crept out of her lips as her face slightly hued in excitement to see her new acquaintance. "Aunt Sohee you're here. Thank you for coming." she hugged the lady in which in turn, earned the lady a shock expression.
"I-it's alright, so let's go." Sohee patted her hair before she ushered the kid in her car.

They drove to a cafe near Soleil’s house, it was a small cafe but the smell of the baked goods and freshly brewed coffee was incredible. They used to come here as young kids.
They were seated with a window view and as Sohee finished ordering, they talked about all sorts of things. This little girl was so full of energy, honestly it surprised her a bit.
How could Jiyong leave his daughter alone in that big house? When she heard about it, she wanted to walk up to Jiyong and lecture him but she won’t waste anymore time, she pities the little one.
“Soleil,where do you want to go today?” Sohee asked
“There is so much of seoul that I have yet to see, I don’t know where to start.” Soleil said
“Well, I intend to show you the best time of your life.” Sohee said with a smile.
“I heard something called the Children’s Grand Park..... ”
“That is one of Seoul’s most fun-packed park, shall we go?”
Soleil responded with a smile.
The food came and soon they were off to spend the day at the park.
Sohee got the little one  buckled up and drove with one goal today, to give this girl the time of her life.
They arrived at the amusement park and Soleil was astound. This was not just an amusement park,it was a zoo and had a lovely garden.
They went to see the dolphins and seals, one of them gave a kiss to Soleil.
“Aunt Sohee.....” Soleil said as they walked in line for the carousel
“Yes? ” Sohee replied
“Is being with your mother the best time?”
“Well.... um” Sohee didn’t know how to reply
“I always heard kids at my school, telling me how great their moms are...why is my mom not here?” Soleil was about to burst into tears
“Soleil, your mother would want you to be happy. I know its hard because my parents are divorced. ”
“They are? But why?” Soleil was a bit young to understand.
“Well, they realised they were unhappy and wanted to take some time from each other.”
“Is that why mommy is not with daddy? with me?”
“Your parents loved each other very much, they adored you and was the happiest people on earth to have a lovely daughter like you in their lives.”
“My nanny always told me that it was hard to move on, but it hurts a lot.”
“It is hard to move on...and it hurts but you are a very brave young child, you will overcome this. Don’t be sad”
“If we plan to move on, will you help us?”
If I were to wish on a star right now. I wish for......
“What was that?”
“Oh nothing, what is that over there?”
“That would be cotton candy, shall we get some?”
“yes please” Soleil grabbed Sohee’s hand and they both went off the cart.

“Aunt Yoobin?”
“Darling, how is it? Where is Sohee?” Yoobin said through the phone
“She’s getting us some cotton candy
“how is your time with her?”
“She stays by my side, I like her a lot.” Soleil said with a smile
“Well, that’s good to hear, by the way, she’s staying with you until your father comes home right?”
“Yeah, but I don’t have a plan yet.”
“Well, let me tell you this, when those two were together, they would never, I mean NEVER, leave each other side without a ki-”
“Hey, kiddo. Who are you talking to?” Sohee asked
“Aunt Yoobin, she’s just asking me how I was doing.” Soleil said
“Oh, tell her I said hi.”
Soleil nodded and focused her attention to the phone
“Don’t forget!”
“Thank you so much Aunt Yoobin.”

At home, Soleil and Sohee laid on the floor.
“What do you want to do now?” asked Sohee
“Daddy isn’t coming home until late at night, you should go home before it gets dark.”
“No, I’ll stay with you” said Sohee
Soleil was really happy, someone would stay by her side, someone that would make her wish come true.
“You hungry?” asked Soleil
“Ah, have you ever made kimbap?”
“You mean sushi?”
“Okay, now the number one thing you should know about kimbap, it is not a korean sushi.”
“Ohhh” forming an “O” shape with as she said it
“Lets make kimbap then.”
They went to the market and gathered all the ingredients and soon, the kimbap was ready to eat.
“We should leave some for your dad.” said Sohee as she place a row of kimbap in a box.
“You should put the heart shaped one in there.”
Sohee glanced at the little one and laughed.
“ I think you should make a lunch box for your dad.” said Sohee, changing the topic
They packed two different boxes, one for Soleil’s snacks and another for Jiyong.
Sohee and Soleil ate and talked as time went by.
It was nearly 10 and Sohee was reading to the young one. Soon, Soleil was asleep in her bed. Sohee heard someone coming inside the house, it must be Jiyong.
What should she do? What will he react when he sees her?
Sohee quietly climbed downstairs.
Jiyong was shocked when he saw her coming down the steps
“What are you doing here?” he asked with a confused face.
“Oh, umm. I was putting Soleil into bed. Since you’re her- ”
Sohee was cut off
“Aunt Sohee was nice enough to play with me today because somebody broke his promises.” said Soleil as she ran down  the steps
“Thank you for your time, I owe you.” Jiyong said with a straight face.
“Oh, it was nothing besides I had fun, have a good night.” Sohee was walking towards the door when Soleil pulled on her shirt
“Aren’t you forgetting something?”
“Um... no?”
“Soleil, stop bothering her. “
“but how about the goodbye kiss?”
Sohee lean down and gave Soleil a peck on the cheek.”there, have a goodnight”
“Aunt Sohee, you’ve  forgot someone. Daddy needs one too.”
Sohee was blushing in several shades of red, “Umm...”
“That’s enough Soleil, adults don’t do that because.... it would be inappropriate ”
“Your father is right, you should get some rest because we had a busy day today. ”
Soleil went upstairs to her dismay.
“Sorry about that Ms. Ahn..”
“Ms. Ahn... well, have a goodnight … Mr.Kwon.”
Sohee left and Soleil glanced at her father with annoyance.
Jiyong mind was in a jumble, Yoobin poisoned his little girl’s mind.