Chapter 3

Second Confession

It’s already on the third week of the semester. Students are busy with their academic and curricular schedule. They have started to get their first assignment. They even had a full master plan for a bunch of event for the semester. Not to mention the training schedule for niche area like debaters, mooters, singers, dancer and athlete.

Some students were so anticipated with the school activities so much until they are willingly to sacrifice their weekend or night just to hang up with their folks to do stuffs. Doesn’t matter whether at the school or at mall. Maybe at any studio probably laboratory which is very minute cases for these teenagers to do their works at the library. Even if some of them happened to go to the library, it just to get any reference books.    

 

However, there are groups of people who adamantly take off their from indulging with the school affairs. There are lots of reason to this situation and one of it might be the student themselves ‘hate’ school. Worst scenario they don’t have the heart to study. If only these students have other ways to contribute to the society it would be a profit to the government –well, at least most of the elder and the authority believe that things should be that way.

While teachers and the authorities struggling to deal with the unstable polar of the student’s attitude, there is an exception for those who impliedly expressing their rejection towards any social activities yet excellent in both field. You might get frustrated to digest this but to give you a clear example, Sohyun would be the perfect role model.

 

She is the type that would register her name in any club and secretly joining their activities with people not noticing that she is part of the team yet manage to get full marks for her curricular assessment. At the same time she is not the student who would join any tutorial at the school run by the seniors or the management and not even attending any workshop but she is one of the excellent student in her class –not the top scorer but average maybe.. Besides, her mother owns a tuition centre, so why should she bothered to come to the workshop. It is actually the reason why she does not have many friends because she is a passive person.    

Every Thursday evening her classmate would gather at the studio to work on their upcoming school’s festival. It’s totally the biggest event before the mid-break. Every class has to participate in this event. More or less it’s like a summer festival in Japan High School. Though, this is not Japan, but the culture has been adopted and practically this is the 7-th year.

 

Sohyun’s class also takes part in the event which they all come into an agreement that they are in charge in Hallyu Star Competition. It’s like a singing and dance competition. Those who win will get the chance to become a trainee in one of the biggest and popular company.

As of today it have been the third meeting and Sohyun still nowhere to be seen. She will always bargain to exchange with her classmate to do the cleaning as in return she will be excused from the meeting. To her, it’s better if she stay out of the league so that if anything happen she will not be questioned.

 

“Sohyun-ah. Are you sure to replace me for the cleaning today?”

 

Kim Sohyun nod. No words uttered.

 

“If you insist.."

 

When she answered people without using a proper statement, she actually leaves them no choice. It makes others feel guilty to her. But not all of them, some will feel annoyed as they believe she insist to remain to play the cold character. Some others would think that she just trying to escape from being burdened with the project to maintain her good grades.

 

“Why she’s always like that? Like doing the cleaning all the time and refuse to join us?”

 

“I think she’s just trying to skip the group activity. In fact, she chooses to do the English assignment all alone. How is she going to finish all the works by next Monday when it involves public interview not less than 30?”

 

“Yeah I know right. It is totally absurd!”

 

“For us it may sound absurd. But since she insists to do it her way, I guess she has many hearts to be captured.”

 

“You are not going to tell us that she wanted to show off?!”

 

“Well.. You just say it..”

 

Even how bad they feel about letting Sohyun to do all the cleaning, they just don’t bother to know why.

Because in high school, it always be: surviving high school is wether you play the game or stay outside of the field if you don' want to get injured.