I'm Still Ruby

Between Heaven and Earth

The next morning I woke up with Ruby still in my arms. She was curled up against me with her head against my chest. I her hair and he crawled up even closer to me. I smiled and embraced her.

*Ruby’s POV*
I woke up and felt something comfortably warm around me. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was the face of a sleeping, kind guy. I smiled, but panicked. I struggled out of his arms, running to the bathroom with my blanket. When I had closed the door behind me, I thought of how silly I had just acted. I was always used to run away from difficult situations. I softly opened the door again and watched Yoochun, who was still asleep. I walked back and laid down. I turned my head to Yoochun and watched him sleep.

“Why did you ran off?” He asked.

I gasped.

“Y-you were awake?” I asked.

He opened his eyes and looked back at me, he smiled.

“Good morning, my angel” He said.

I just stared back at him.

“My angel?” I asked.

“I’ll call you ‘my angel’ from now on… you should give me a nickname too” He said.

“A nickname? What kind of a nickname?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I’m sure you’ll come up with something” He said.

“Do you want some breakfast?” I asked.

He smiled. I stood up, leaving my blanket on the mattress and walked to the kitchen to start making breakfast. I was boiling some eggs when I felt 2 arms sliding around my waist. I gasped and turned my head. He slid my hair away from my neck. The eggs were now boiling and they needed to be cooled by cold water under the faucet. I felt his soft lips in my neck, giving me a kiss.

“What are you doing?” I swiftly turned around and stared at him with big eyes.

The water overflowed and I quickly the faucet and cooled the eggs. I continued making breakfast.

“Yoochun can you lay the…” I turned around and saw he had already laid the table for 2.

“Thanks” I said.

The phone rang and I answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hi Ruby! It’s your mom!”

“Mom!” I yelled through the phone.

“Sweetheart I’ve got some good news… I’m coming home today” She said.

“Really?! When? How late?” I asked.

“I’ll be there at dinnertime, but sweetie I’ve got to go! I’ll see you soon!” She said.

“Bye mom” I said and hung up.

I jumped around the kitchen, but when I looked at Yoochun just standing still, I stopped jumping around. I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

“Yoochun, she’s coming home tonight” I said and my eyes got watery.

He pulled back, kissed me on my forehead and smiled.

“Let’s eat, angel” He said.

We ate and the day went rather quick. I cleaned everything and told Yoochun to sit down, because he still wasn’t walking normally. I went out to Ellie’s house, while I left Yoochun at home.

“Ellie!”

“I’m coming” Ellie came running out of her house.

“What’s up?” She asked.

“Can I talk to you for a bit?” I asked.

“Sure” She said and we decided to take a walk.

“I think that… Yoochun and I… like each other…” I said.

“Oh…”

“I’m so sorry Ellie, I didn’t mean it to, but… but…”

“It’s okay, I’ve asked Liam about you guys and he said he was already expecting something like that” She said.

“Still Ellie, I’m sorry” I said.

“Ruby… you have changed since he is here, it’s like I don’t recognize you anymore” She said.

“I’m still the same Ellie, I’m still Ruby” I said.

“Yes, you are still Ruby, but… I don’t know… you’ve… changed”

“Are you okay with me and Yoochun?” I asked.

She nodded. I hugged her. “Thanks Ellie”

We walked back to her house and she gave me the cooking books I once let Yoochun carry to her house. I went back home and laid the books on the table. I heard some noises coming from upstairs and Yoochun was no where to be found. I quietly walked up the stairs and followed the source of the noise. Around the corner in the hallway, I saw Yoochun carrying the mattresses back to his and my room.

“Busted!” I shouted and I probably had scared him so much that he fell on the ground.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t thought you would fall on the ground” I said.

He rubbed his ankle and had a painful expression on his face. I supported him downstairs and sat him down on the couch. I ran to the kitchen and held a washcloth under the water. I ran back to Yoochun and laid it on his ankle.

*Ruby’s mom’s POV*
I entered the house via the kitchen door and saw Ruby sitting on the table in the living room. She was doing something with Yoochun’s ankle. I smiled. Yoochun sat up straight and grabbed Ruby’s wrists. He leaned in and kissed Ruby. I watched them with shock. What had happened while I was gone?

“Ruby! I’m home” I yelled and pretended I was having trouble with my suitcase.

*Ruby’s POV*
My mom’s voice frightened me and I immediately pulled back and stood up.

“Hi mom!” I yelled.

I looked at Yoochun and ran off to the kitchen. I hugged my mom and inhaled her scent.

“I’m glad you’re back mom” I said.

She smiled at me.

“How was Earth?” I asked.

“It was nice, but sweetie I need to talk to you, can you send Yoochun to his room please?” She asked.

I nodded and went back to Yoochun.

“Yoochun, would you please go to your room? Me and my mom… we have something to talk about”

He nodded, stood up and walked upstairs. I walked back to my mom and together with her we sat down at the table.

“What do you want to tell me mom?” I asked calmly.

My mom looked at me for a while before she spoke.

“Ruby, you have to tell him that he has to go, it’s time” My mom said.

“Why do I have to tell him mom?” I asked her.

“You are the only one who he listens to” She said.

“I understand, I will tell him to go” I said and stood up.

I turned around to walk away.

“Ruby?” She called me.

I turned back around and looked at her.

“Yes, mom?”

She walked up to me and hugged me.

“My little girl, you’ve grown and matured so much, you’ve changed in such a short period… ”

“I’ll always be yours mom and I’ll always stay with you” I hugged her back tightly.

“You’ve promised me this so many times” She said.

“And I’ll keep it” I said.

She let me go and I walked to the stairs. Before my foot stepped on the first step of the stairs I looked at her again.

“I love you mom” I said.

“I love you too sweetheart” She said.