Stay With Me Tonight

Between Heaven and Earth

*Ruby’s POV*
When I got outside I felt some tears sliding down my cheek. I covered my face with my hands.

“Why are you crying?”

I gasped and swiftly turned around.

“What are you doing here? Didn’t I told you to…” I said.

“I asked you first” Yoochun said.

“It’s cloudy so I can’t see the stars shine” I lied.

“I know you’re lying Ruby, what’s wrong?”

He took a few steps until there was only 1 step between us. I took the final step and buried my face in his chest, covering my face with my hands.

“I’m sorry…” I sobbed.

“I’m sorry I hurt you” I cried.

He embraced me and I continued to cry.

“Little angel, I’ll be fine, don’t cry” He said and my head.

I calmed down and whipped away my tears. He took my chin in his fingers and made me look up. He looked me in the eye.

“Don’t cry, it hurts me to see you cry” He said.

I stared at him with my watery eyes. He leaned in and his lips came closer and closer. I felt his soft lips on mine, he kissed me. After a few seconds he pulled back, but I grabbed his collar and pulled him back into a kiss. I closed my eyes and we kissed. Eventually I broke the kiss and out of embarrassment I ran into the house. I ran upstairs and grabbed the handle of the door that lead to my room.

*Yoochun’s POV*
I stumbled after her into the house and ran upstairs. I grabbed her wrist and turned her around. I pushed her against the door and kissed her again.
I never thought of the existence of angels.
I never thought of meeting an angel.
I never thought of… kissing an angel.

*Ruby’s POV*
I pushed him away and looked at him.

“Good night… Yoochun” I smiled at him and slipped into my room.

I locked the door and laid my hands on my cheeks. They were as hot as the sun!

“Ruby!” I heard him whining on the other side of the door.

“Go to sleep Yoochun, your ankle needs to recover” I said.

“It hurts! I don’t think I can sleep!”

I opened the door and looked at him with worry.

“Really? Does it hurt badly?” I asked.

He smiled.

“No” He said and pulled me into his embrace.

“You shouldn’t walk even though it doesn’t hurt” I said.

“And what are you going to do about it?” He asked.

“I’ll bring you to your bed” I said and supported him.

I opened his bedroom door and laid him on his bed. He grabbed my arm and pulled me on top of him.

“Ruby?”

“Y-yes?”

“Stay with me tonight” He said.

“W-what?” I stuttered.

“Please, stay…” He begged.

“But Yoochun I…”

“Let’s have a sleepover party in the living room, just like you had with Ellie” He said.

“You mean… laying the mattresses on the ground in the living room?” I asked.

He nodded.

“I guess… that will be fine” I said. “Let’s do it”

I got up and ran over to my own bedroom to get my mattress. I dragged it downstairs and when I wanted to go upstairs again to get his mattress, he came down with it.

“So stubborn” I mumbled.

He laid his mattress next to mine and spread out his blanket. I went upstairs and got changed. When I got down he had already crawled under his blanket, watching me coming down the stairs. I crawled underneath my blanket, wrapped it around me and laid on my side facing him. He stared at me with his head leaning on his arms.

“I want to get to know you more” Yoochun said.

“What do you want to know?” I asked.

“Everything. Do you have any weird sleeping habits?” He asked.

“No, I sleep like an angel” I smiled. “And you?” I asked.

“I often roll from my bed” He said and smiled back.

“Luckily we’re already close to the ground or you could get even more hurt” I said.

He smiled and grabbed me. He pulled me closer to him so our noses were nearly touching.

“I’ve been searching for a girlfriend like you for a long time now” He whispered.

“Why are you searching for a girlfriend?” I asked.

“Because I feel lonely and I want someone I love to have around me… Ruby… do you want to be my girlfriend?”

“But Yoochun… shouldn’t you be searching for a girlfriend on Earth? I can’t be around you for long… one day you’ll have to go back” I said.

“Please Ruby, I don’t want to think about that right now… Would you please be my girlfriend… at least for now?” He pleaded.

I bit my lip.

“What do I have to be doing… as your girlfriend?” I whispered.

He smiled.

“You really haven’t had a boyfriend, have you?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“All you have to do is be by my side… and kiss me once in a while” He smiled.

“But I am right by your side right now” I said.

He crawled even closer to me and slowly brought his lips to mine and kissed me.

“That’s all that was missing” He said.

We talked, but soon my eyelids felt heavy and I fell asleep.

*Yoochun’s POV*
I watched her fighting against falling asleep, but she lost and fell asleep. She was breathing soundlessly and her lips were slightly parted. I touched her cheek with my finger, she moved her head a little. I touched her eye, she squinted her eyes a bit. I laid my finger on her lips, she closed her lips. I smiled and kissed her forehead. I fell asleep with her in my arms.