My Annoying, Yet Caring Butler

My One and Only Butler

*BOOM*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The house blew into flames. Junghwa stared at the house, not able to control her tears that were long gone, flowing down her cheeks. This house was a part of her treasure as well. Key took a glance at the house, gulped, and then looked at where you were - on the concrete. "SOOYOUNG - AH!" Key yelled, and ran over to where you were, with Junghwa slowing following. 

You weren't dead, but you were unconscious. The boy who was your so - called butler then attemped to get himself out from underneath you, and succeeded. He then picked you up and carried you in bridal style, and made his way towards the helicopter. In his tracks, Key suddenly mumbled, "Yah..." 

No response, the boy just continued carrying you towards the helicopter. "YAH!" Key ran over, and blocked the boy's way. 

"You aren't leaving yet. Not until she regains her consciousness." Key bargained.

The boy let out a sigh, and then agreed to do so. That night, it was done and said, that you were going to stay over at Junghwa's house. The boy was also welcome, and so was Key. Junghwa had quite a small house, and quite a lot of guests, plus her family, so it was a bit squishy. During dinner, everyone was at the table besides you, who was still unconscious. "So.. what's your name, handsome boy?" Junghwa's sister flirtatiously asked.

"My name is Chanhee, but you may call me Chunji." Chunji introduced, adding a wink at the end to purposely knock out the sister.

As he had wished, she fainted from the 'so-called' wink, and lay across the carpet, curled up, smiling like an idiot. "KO." Chunji whispered to himself with a smile.

"Now that that's taken care of... I'm sorry for the inconveniences that have occurred today." Chunji stood up and bowed a 90° bow. 

"O - Oh, it's nothing.. don't worry.. But, are you really going.. to take Sooyoung away, to somewhere far away..?" Junghwa asked.

Chunji hesitated for a moment, and then simply just nodded. "I see... Well, please take care of her." Junghwa trembled on her words.

Again, Chunji slowly nodded. Key was silent the whole night, since he didn't feel like talking to his own brother. "Yah, Key, why don't you talk to your brother? It's been a long time, right?" Junghwa's mother smiled.

"I don't want to talk to him." Key simply replied.

"Come on. Out the two of you go, I know there's something you want to ask him Key; don't underestimate me!" Junghwa's mother did a peace sign.

Key and Chunji both sighed, and then walked out of the house. They walked over to where the ashes of your ramen house remained, and stopped there. It was silent. Too silent. The wind breeze flowed in their faces, and they just stared at the bright, starry night sky. "Yah, ...hyung, why did they assign you as her butler?" Key suddenly broke the peaceful night. 

"They didn't assign me to her. I simply chose her." Chunji admitted.

Key turned around and shot a glare at him. "Mwoh? Why'd you choose her then?" Key demanded to know the answer.

"That is a question that is unnecessary to answer. If that's all you want to ask, I'll be leaving now." Chunji bowed, and then began to leave.

"Yah!" Key yelled.

Chunji then suddenly halted. "But.. dongsaeng - ah, you haven't changed one bit, have you? Thank you.. for calling me hyung." Chunji stated, and then continued to walk home.

Key just stood there for a little while longer, sighing and rubbing his temple. "Aish, why'd he choose her out of all people?" he mumbled to himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That night, when it was around 11PM, you finally had regained consciousness. You looked at your surroundings, and realised that you were in Junghwa's house. *What am I doing here?* you wondered to yourself.

You decided to go out for a walk, and cool yourself down about all the things that happened today. You sat on a huge bouldery rock that was by the seashore, and curled into a ball. *Umma and appa died... The house was bombed from someone trying to kill me...  This new, weird boy, who is handsome was 'assigned' to be my butler; and he saved me... Appa was a butler... I have to be taken to another far, far away place... But.. what am I going to do about Key and Junghwa, what about school? Where will I live, just what's about to happen to my life...?* you thought to yourself, thinking ever so hardly, but failing to get the answers wanted and needed.

Another few minutes of staying there, and you felt a cold water drop on your smooth and soft skin. It was raining, or at least, it was starting to. Soon enough, it started to really pour down, and you were freezing; but you didn't bother to cover yourself, or rub your arms. You just stayed in that one spot, curled in a ball, not worrying a bit about the rain. Soon enough, your tears were dropping down along with the rain. Somehow, you just couldn't stop the tears. *Wae... Why, umma, appa, why have you done this to me? What have I done wrong to deserve this...* you continued to think to yourself.

Suddenly, you didn't feel the 'pitter, patter' on your back anymore. You no longer felt any rain falling onto you. You looked around, and noticed that it was still raining, yet your area had no rain. You looked up, and saw an umbrella over your head. You looked to see who the person was, and saw the handsome butler, standing out in the cold rain, while holding the umbrella up for you. You stared at him for a while, and he gently smiled at you. You turned away, and then coldly said, "If you're my so-called butler, take that umbrella away and use it for yourself. Don't worry about me, don't bother getting involved with me." 

"I'm sorry Ms. Sooyoung, but that is one request that I cannot obey." Chunji shook his head. 

"Tch." you pouted.

So here the two of you were, with Chunji still holding the umbrella for you, whilst he stood in the cold, wet, rain. He was standing there, staring into the sky, until he heard sniffles coming from you. He slightly chuckled to himself, and then bent down on his knees, and looked at your crying face. "There's no reason for you to be crying, Ms. Sooyoung, when I'm here, because I'll be here by your side all the time from now on. So cheer up, don't cry. It makes me feel like a bad butler." Chunji attempted to comfort you.

Yet you continued to cry. Chunji sighed, and then suddenly got up, and let go of the umbrella. Then, he bent his back down, and hugged you. Your eyes widened, wondering what had just happened. At that moment, Key was coming around your area, looking for you, as it was already midnight. He was holding an umbrella as well, running around like a frantic man, looking for a lost child. "SOOYOUNG! SOOYOUNG - AH, WHERE ARE YOU? SOO...young..." Key suddenly stopped yelling your name out, when he saw that Chunji, his own brother, was hugging you.

"I don't know what I'd do if you were to keep crying like this.. So, please, Ms. Sooyoung, stop crying, okay?" Chunji used a soothing voice.

You sniffled a bit more, and then nodded. Key dropped his umbrella, and looked away from the dreadful scene. *What the hell? Is this the reason why he chose her? Because he also liked her?* Key thought to himself, as he walked back home alone, sniffling, coughing and sneezing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~