Talking

Consequences

A/N:  Sorry I haven't posted in so long.  School's getting more rough, believe it or not.  I probably won't be as fast to update for at least another month.  That's when I graduate!  I'm so excited!  Anyways, I don't want to keep you from the story.  Enjoy!

 

 

Junsu was more than a little afraid for Robyn’s safety as they pulled up to the tall skyscraper that was the SM Entertainment main office.  There had been a reason why he, Jaejoong, and Yoochun had left SM in the first place, and not that much had changed since then.  Sure, he had a new, much better contract, but a lot of the same people who had made his life and the lives of so many others at the company were still there.  He had to keep the girls away from them.  He knew the managers would try to get Robyn alone to talk with her and he couldn’t let that happen.  He wasn’t going to let her out of his sight for even a minute. 

The door opened and the four of them climbed somewhat awkwardly out of the van.  Junsu was more than a little surprised that there weren’t fans hanging around outside the entrance.  That was unusual.  SM must’ve cleared them away before the van had arrived.  One of the bodyguards hustled them inside and into the elevators.

“We’ll be seeing executive Goo, first.”  At least the guard had said ‘we’.  He glanced over at Robyn.  She was standing close to her friend, their arms linked.  She had a very distant look on her face, as if she wasn’t really in the elevator with them but in some far away (and hopefully much more pleasant) place. 

They were led to a richly decorated room.  It had a decent sized table and several comfortable looking chairs.  The guard motioned for them to take a seat and left the room.  Junsu sat, glad when Robyn took the chair next to him.  The chairs were really comfortable.  Why couldn’t they have these kind of chairs in the dormitories or in any of the places he and the others used?  The door opened to reveal a middle aged, well-dressed man that Junsu and Yunho knew all too well.  This was executive Goo, the man who was in charge of DBSK’s managers.  Junsu shared a glance with his leader.  Executive Goo’s presence did not bode well for them. 

“So this is the girl who caused this whole scandal?”  Goo sat directly in front of Robyn and gave her a smile.  It seemed rather threatening.  Of course, it was probably meant to be.  Junsu noticed Robyn’s hand grab Shandi’s for support under the table. 

“Do you have any idea how much trouble you’ve caused?”  Robyn shook her head.  He had to say something.  None of this was Robyn’s fault.

“Executive Goo, I was the one who asked Robyn to take a walk with me before the blizzard.  It wasn’t her fault –” Goo cut him off.

“It’s not about whose fault it is, Mr. Kim.  The facts remain that your name is now sullied and because it’s already been announced that you are back with SM, the company’s profits are going to take a hit.  We have to do something to remedy this, and quickly.  Now, here’s what’s going to happen.  You and your bandmates are going to have a press conference explaining that you saved this woman’s life, as I have been told you did.  You will not mention anything beyond that as to what may or may not have happened in the process of saving her.  And as for you.”  He moved his gaze to Robyn.  “You will go to the hospital, and give the press a decent show.  The more injured you appear, the better.  I’ll send someone in a moment to collect your things and take you to the hospital.”  With that, Goo left the room.  Junsu almost sighed in relief.  That was a lot better than he had feared.  Goo’s plan even gave him an excuse to spend time with Robyn.  Yunho smiled.

“That went better than expected.”  Robyn shook her head.

“I still have to go to the hospital.”

Shandi spoke up.  “You probably need to get checked out anyway.  You did fall in the lake and nearly froze to death.”

“She has a point.  Besides, it’s only for a little while.”  Junsu wanted to add that he would come visit her, but a guard walked in the room right as he was speaking.

“You two girls.  Come with me.”  Robyn and Shandi got up obediently and followed the guard out the door.  Junsu and Yunho rose to follow as well, but executive Goo walked back into the room before they could.

“Sit.  We still have things to discuss.”  Uh-oh.

 


 

            Robyn sighed.  The nurses had been prodding her all afternoon.  She wished she could just go home.  Or at least find a hotel.  Someplace away from the hospital.  But, there were guards outside her room and a crowd of press outside waiting for her.  At least Shandi was there, too.  She was staring out the window, apparently lost in thought. 

            “Are there still lots of press down there?”

            Shandi nodded.  “Not just press, though.  I think there are also some Cassies down there too.  I see signs.  I don’t think any of them are good.” 

            Just great.  Now she was an anathema to the rest of her fandom.  She did choose for this to happen.  It just did.  Why couldn’t people just see her side of what happened?  But no, they would only see a fan (or maybe they’d think she was an anti-fan) getting trapped in a blizzard with Junsu and doing who-knows-what to him while they were trapped.  Never mind the fact that it was Junsu who had kissed her, not the other way around.  She was about to open to say something pretty snarky about the fans when the door opened and her doctor walked in.

            “Well, we don’t see any signs of lasting damage from your fall in the lake, but I would advise you to take it easy for a while.  No strenuous exercise, and try to keep your stress levels down.”  Yeah, that was going to be extremely easy, what with all of Junsu’s fans hating her and the press breathing down her neck all the time.  Robyn sighed again. 

            “I’ll try.”

            “Good.  Now, I understand you’ll be with us for a while, so make yourself comfortable.”  He turned and walked out, followed by his nurse/shadow.  That nurse must’ve been glued to him, she stuck so close.  Wow.  No personal space, huh?  Robyn really hoped that she never had to deal with that.  But somehow, she thought her comfortable life of anonymity was over, at least while she was in Korea.