Beautiful Aftershock

Dreams Do Come True

Donghae oppa likes someone and its not me....

That fact keeps on repeating over and over again on Nana's head. It doesn't only take overnight to accept that and carry on. But today, she has to be okay, she needs to be okay. Today, it's Nana and Leejoon's turn to do their report in literature. Leejoon did the introduction about the author and the characters. Then Nana did the story telling. "Is there any question?" She asked after elaborating the story. And someone in the middle of the room raised her hand.

"Yes, Uee-ssi?

"I was just wondering if Genji really loved Yugao. Because he alrealy love someone else but felt bored about their relationship so he looked for someone else for fun, isn't it?" Uee asked making sure that her voice was loud enough while looking straight at Nana's eyes. Her question was referring to the subject matter but why does it seem like it's meant for Nana?

"He's only doing that just because it's fun." 

It's unbelievable how the whole class stared at Nana waiting for answer. But she just stood their in front like a stupid girl. Nana was trying really hard to search for the right words to say to answer the question but kept close and her mind went blank. "Genji truly loved Yugao." Leejoon answered in behalf of Nana. "Regarding what you said, it was acyually the other way around. The only reason why Genji pursued Rokujo was because it was challenging. And the challenge ended when he successfully  made Rokujo fall in love with him. And it was that time that he met Yugao. That would be the answer for your question Uee-ssi. Is there anything you still want to ask?"

Instead of answering Leejoon's question, Uee looked directly at Nana and rolled her eyes.

- - -

"Do you really have to do that?" Leejoon confronted Uee at the locker after class. Uee chuckled mockingly before speaking. "Not really."

"You shouldn't have done that."

"I just gave her what she asked for. It's not my fault if she didn't understand very well your report. How about you Leejoon-ssi, do you really have to do that? Saving Nana and acting like a hero in front of the class?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Stop it. It doesn't suit you." Uee sad ending their confrontation with straight face and cold voice.

- - -

The aftershock didn't just end there because even during their training hours Nana seem to be distracted. The trainees were dancing with Nana leading them in front. She glided to her right and popped her chest then turned around. After that her, co-trainees got lost at the beat realizing that Nana's turn was too early. "Nana, what were you doing?" One of  her co-trainees asked impatiently. Nana's face was off and her eyes were looking down to her feet. She can't help but to feel guilty. She knows she can't be like this but what can she do? Everything just happend too fast without any warning. She wasn't even given a chance to say don't, stop or no. Lizzy and Raina looked at each other sharing the same thought of pity with a sigh even without knowing the real reason why Nana was acting weird. "I'm sorry..."

"Tomorrow's our practicum already."

"Yeah, I know. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. Maybe we're all just tired. I guess we can call it a day? Let's just do our best tomorrow." Everyone agreed on their friend's suggestion. Most of them went home already. As for Nana, she still needs to drop by at the grocery store to by supplies for next week. She wasn't looking in front of her while she's on her way out of the building. It's bad 'coz it seems that it's becoming her habits nowadays. "Aigoo!" Nana exclaimed when she bumped into someone. "Omo! I'm sorry. I-.... Nana-ssi?" Leejoon apologized but stopped midway when she recognized Nana. "Leejoon...Mianhae."

"No, it's okay. The Leejoon looked at the building behind Nana. "Just finished training for today?"

"Ne."

"So you're going home now?"

"Ah, no. I still have to buy grocery for next week. There's nothing to eat on the fridge already." Nana said trying to crack a light joke and luckily Leejoon chuckled a bit. "I'll go with you then."

"Huh?"

"It's getting dark you know. Its dangerous to let a young lady walk on the streets alone." Nana couldn't help but smile at the kindness this gentleman is offering. "Okay."

- - -

"Unnie, don't you think it's a good thing that Uee was given other training schedules for today so she wasn't able to see Nana unnie's mistake a while ago?" Lizzy started. "'Coz you know, I'm sure if she saw it, she'll bash and embarrass Nana unnie again." Raina on the other hand shrugged at Lizzy's comment while looking outside the taxi's window. The two girls were on their way home. "Evil is everywhere you know. And haters gonna hate." Raina simply said. And Lizzy pouted realizing Raina's statement. Then she sighed right after pitying Nana on her situation. Shes not even on the business yet but she already have haters.

- - -

"Did I forgot anything?" Nana asked herself trying to remember the things she needs to buy. "Hm, I guess it's all complete."

"To the counter?" Leejoon asked. "Ne." Then they pushed the cart to the counter. After all the products were punched and packed, Leejoon carried two heavy plastic bags of grocery. "I'll wait for you outside."

"Okay." Nana replied as she paid for the groceries.

- - -

Uee was texting while she's on her way home and decided to look in front of her for precaution but she didn't expect who she saw. "Eo, Leejoon-ssi." Leejon smiled at her so she asked with a smile, "You bought groceries?-..."

"I'm done. Let's go?" Nana said to Leejoon. As she just came out of the store she didn't notice Uee immediately. The smile on Uee' face faded away in just a blink of an eye when she saw Nana. Nana noticed that it wasn't just her and Leejoon standing in front of the store so she dared to look on her left. All Nana could do was to slightly bow at Uee like other Korean would do when they met someone. "Annie. I just helped Nana buy supplies for next week." Leejoon explained. "I see." Uee answered coldly unlike the way she talked to Leejoon a while ago. "I was actually about to ask you to come with us but I realized you're going on the opposite direction so just take care on your way home, okay?"

"Yeah."

"See you." Uee watched them walk away and she couldn't help to clench her fist and look sharply at Nana. "I really hate you...Im Nana..."

- - -

"Kyuhyun-ah, may I borrow your laptop?" Eunhyuk asked and was about to enter the room to get Kyuhyun's laptop. "Mwo?" Kyuhyun exclaimed and seemed to be alarmed so he immediately went and stopped Eunhyuk to enter the room. "What's with the reaction?"

"A-Andwae, you can't borrow it."

"Wae?"

"The last time you used my laptop, I have to reformat it because of the virus you've downloaded together with your movies! And because of that, I have to abstain from playing Starcraft. Did you know how hard was that for me?" Kyuhyun dramatically complained. "K-Kyuhyun-ah calm down, okay? I'll just borrow your laptop and do something and I promise I won't download anything, hm?" Eunhyuk attempted to enter the room once again but Kyuhyun stopped him ny spreading his arms across the door. "Shireoyo."

"Aish, Kyuhyun!"

"Andwae!"

"Why are you being like this?" Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun kept on bickering and the other boys just look at them while shaking their heads. "Ryeowook-ah, hurry up! We'll be late for Sukira!" Sungmin called. "Ne! I left something on the table. Just reheat it if you want to eat." Ryeowook told his hyungs before leaving. Donghae on the other hand just came out from his room. He sighed and shook his head when he saw Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun still arguing like kindergartens. He went out of the dorm probably to have a peaceful atmosphere to have a call.

- - -

It's Saturday which means its the day for practicum. Trainees were scattered around the studio having their warm up by stretching their bodies while waiting for Miss Kahi. *rings* Nana picked her phone and went to the nearest CR. "Yoboseyo?"

"Heard you're going to lead today's practicum. Is that right?"

"Mm. And I felt so nervous. I don't know if I could do this."

"Don't b. I know you could. Make your oppa proud?" Nana cracked into a slight laughter. And it actually made her feel better and minimize the nervousness she's feeling. "Ne, araseo. Oppa, thank you. I felt better now." Donghae on the other line, smiled though Nana couldn't see him. "Good luck."

- - -

After Donghae hung up, Nana looked straightly at her reflection on the mirror and sighed peacefully. It took her a second to slowly form a sincere smile on her lips. "Ne. I'm also happy to have as my oppa."

- - -

When Nana went back to the studio, her co-trainees were already on their positions together with Miss Kahi. She bowed and went to her own position. "All ready?" Miss Kahi asked. "Ne!" The trainees answered in unison. "1 - 2 - 3. Hit it!"

- - -

"Yah! Aren't you going to stop arguing? You're so noisy!" Heechul shouted obviously annoyed at Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun. And it was like magic that the two fell silent immediately. That's the commanding power of Heechul. Donghae forced himself not to laugh at how silent the dorm became compared to the noise before he went out. He looked at the two and shook his head once again. "Tsk tsk tsk."

"Boys don't forget you have a schedule at 7 pm. I've already prepared the things you're going to use later." The coordi noona reminded breaking the silence. "I'll be leaving now. And please, no more arguments, okay? See you at the building."

"Ne. Thanks noona." Donghae replied.

- - -

The trainees walked forward like a model and did their own striking pose for finale. Miss Kahi turned off the music then looked intensely at the trainees with her arms crossed. There were two colored papers beside the player. One is red which means they failed and the other one is blue which means they passed. They just stood on their positions waiting for the result of their performance. They were panting but they didn't mind because all they were thinking of is what color would they get. They become much more nervous if possible when Miss Kahi picked the papers and faced the big mirror. Their eyes widened in shock when Miss Kahi pasted the blue colored paper on the mirror. It took them a second to finally realize that they passed. "Kyaa!!" Some of them screamed and giggled in happiness and some hugged each other. "Congratulations trainees! You passed your practicum. You can proceed now to your voice lesson."

"Ne! Kamsahamnida Miss Kahi!" Nana was on her way out of the studio when Miss Kahi held her shoulder. "You did great!" She complemented and patted Nana's shoulder. Nana smiled and bowed in response happy that she really did great. Raina and Lizzy who saw that scene smiled for their friend. "I think she's better now." Lizzy said. "Yeah, she certainly do."

But unlike them, Uee who didn't also failed to catch Nana getting a complement can't help but to feel bitter and roll her eyes.

- - -

It was already around 9 pm when their voice lesson finished. "Nana-yah!" Raina approached Nana who was fixing her things on her bag while seating on the floor. You did great today. She complimented and sat beside her followed by Lizzy. "Thank you. You did great too."

"And it's a good thing that you seem better now."

"Huh?"

"Don't deny it. No matter how much you insist that you're okay, we know that you're not."

"So I was that obvious, huh?"

"Sort of. So can you tell us about it? It's already on the past anyways." Nana sighed before beginning her narration. "Well, he actually told me that there's already someone that he likes."

"What??" Raina and Lizzy asked in unison. 'That makes sense now." Lizzy commented. "I see. SO that's the reason why, huh?"

"Yeah, but don't worry I'm better now. And I'm happy that we could still stay the same." The two girls nodded agreeing at Nana's statement. It's actually better than nothing. "Ah!" Raina exclaimed out of a great idea. "It's Saturday. What if we have a girl's night out? You know, to just relax and forget about everything and at the same time, celebrate our first group practicum. Agree?"

"Call!" Nana and Lizzy agreed.

"Uh...Lizzy, you can't come. It's just me and Nana."

"What? But why?"

"It's not for you. You haven't turned 18 yet."

"But-...."

"Let's go!" The two grls stood up and made their way out of the building leaving Lizzy behind. The youngest one chuckled disbelieving at her unnies leaving her alone. "Unnie!!" She yelled. "Aish!"

- - -

Loud music bombarded the place. It was dark and full of people dancing around swaying their bodies to the beat of the music. Small lights with different colors flashing around the place is the only means of sight. "Now I know why you didn't let Lizzy come with us. Nana said to Raina loudly but to no avail because of the loud music. Raina just smirked at her as they sat on a stool on the counter. "What do you want to drink?"

"I'll just have water.""

"What?" Raina asked laughing at Nana. "We're on a club not a convenient store."

"Psh."

"Waiter. Two Margaritas please." Raina said with a flirty expression on her face.

"Got that sweetie." The waiter said and winked at Raina before getting their drink. "What was that?" Nana asked feeling a little creeped out at the sight of Raina flirting with a waiter. "What?"

- - -

Soon their drinks are already served. Raina took a sip before speaking. "Do you know the girl?" Nana shook her head. "For me, it doesn't matter who the girl is as long as she can make oppa happy, I'm fine with that." Raina took another sip and stood up. "Oh, I love that song! Come on let's dance!" She said and dragged Nana on the dance floor.

- - -

"How could they do this to me?" Lizzy asked herself audibly while walking home alone. Passing by on a dark alley with dim lights. "How can they have fun and leave me alone?" Aish! Jeongmal!" She whined stomping her feet stubbornly. But stopped midway with her eyes wide open shutting with her hands in shock at the scene in front of her. A guy pushing a girl against the wall with their lips and tongues dancing together. The guy pulled away from the intense make-up session when he noticed someone was looking at them. The guy was very tall with blonde hair. He looked at Lizzy directly on the eyes and smirked at her implying something that Lizzy couldn't decipher. So she turned around to avoid his eyes and to hide her burning cheeks. "Aish...Babo..." Lizzy whispered to herself and lightly hit her head as a punishment for being a careless intruder.

- - -

They danced to whatever music is being played. After a while, they've successfully emptied a bottle of tequila aside from the margarita they've ordered a while ago. Raina still seemed a bit sober  compared to Nana who's already tipsy with her cheeks already burning red. "Yah, Nana gwenchanha?"

"Lalala~~. Hm? Of cosh, I'm fine! Look, I can ishtill walk ishtraight!" Nana said as she walks back to the dance floor in a criss-cross steps. "Yah, Nana! Aissh..." Raina tried to stop Nana but she stopped midway when Nana's cellphone caught her attention on the counter. She opened the phonebook feature in search  for someone who could possibly be called for help. Then a great idea popped on her mind again. So she went to the restroom to have a much peaceful atmosphere to make a call and dialed Donghae's number.

"Hello beautiful~." Donghae's sweet voice resonated from the other line of the phone thinking that it was Nana who called him. "Beautiful?" Raina mouthed to herself. Honestly, she was in shock. She's just expecting something like 'Yoboseyo?' or 'Oh, you called.' Because that's what people say to someone when receiving a phone call whether they're close or not. But no, he said, 'Hello beautiful' instead which is a bit suspicious. "Nana?"

"Uh, I-It's Raina."

"Oh, Raina. Is there any problem?"

"Uh, actually, yes, there is."

"What is it?"

"Nana's drunk and I can't control her. Can you come here and pick her up?"

"Araseo. I'll be there in 5 minutes. Wait for me." Raina waited and looked after Nana until Donghae arrived. "Where is she?" Raina pointed at Nana and sighed at the blonde girl's current state. She looks so lost and doesn't know what she's doing anymore. Just dancing, and honestly, she's not on the beat anymore too. Donghae made his way towards her direction. He gently held her shoulders to turn her around to face him. Nana looked closely at the person in front of her. "Oppa!" She exclaimed and so sure she was right and not seeing things even if she's drunk. So she smiled brightly. Donghae on the other hand, chuckled at Nana.

How could she be this cute when she's drunk? Aigoo...

"Yes, it's me! And I'm taking you home now, okay?" Nana leaned forward closer to Donghae as she put her hands on her chest. "Home?"

"Y-Yes." Donghae stuttered at the closeness. "I don't want to go home yet. Let's dance! Hm, Oppa?" Nana said stubbornly with a sleepy eyes caused by the alcohol. "Let's dance, hm?" The blonde girl insisted and began swaying her body in front of Donghae. The later can't help but be stunned at the younger's action. The way she moves is so y add it up with the music playing, it's not even helping. Donghae cleared his throat at the sight. Obviously, he doesn't know what to do. He noticed that Nana is slowly dozing off. And when Nana finally fell asleep (in the middle of swaying-her-body-to-the-music), Donghae held her so she won't fall off. She carried her out in bridal style and made her sit on the passenger's seat. He then went on the driver's seat. "Raina-ssi, ride on. I'll drop you by on your apartment."

"Ah, no need. I have someone to pick me up."

"Are you sure?"

"Ne. Take care of her."

"Of course. See you." Donghae drove off and Raina waved as they go. "Something's really fishy~." Raina mumbled to herself as she watch the car leave. And then she paused for a while then sighed. "That means I'm really walking back home, huh? Aish..."

- - -

Warm ray of sunrise peeking from he window woke Nana up from her slumber. She made her eyebrows meet as she open her eyes. and slowly carry her body in a sitting position. But her sight was blurred and her head felt heavy like she just rode a roller coaster for five rounds non-stop. She was about to fall lousily back on the bed but a pair of warm and strong arms caught her and helped her sit properly on the bed. On the process, her sight slowly became clear so she was able to recognize the person who was helping her. "Oppa...." Donghae smiled handsomely at Nana when he heard her cute morning voice. "How do you feel? Are you okay?"

"I don't know. I think I'm sick." Donghae chuckled as he fixed Nana's pillows and blankets. "Wae?" The blonde girl asked in curiousness.

"Beautiful, you're not sick. It's hangover." Donghae said and sat at the edge of the bed. And Nana made his eyebrows met once again trying to decipher what does Donghae's statement means. Her eyes widened as she bit her lip realizing what happened last night. Donghae gave her a cup of  coffee to help her wake her senses. She took a sip and shyly gave it back to Donghae. "Seriously, how can you carelessly get drunk like that?"

"M-Mianhae...""Chincha. What if Raina ha

dn't called me and I wasn't there to take care of you? Tsk. Do you now how worried I am last night?"

"I'm really sorry. Oppa, are you mad?" Nana asked still biting her lips feeling guilty at the situation. Donghae deeply sighed before speaking. "I'm not mad I'm just....worried." He said in a very gentle and sincere voice. "You could've at least told me so that I could look after you. Next time...don't get drunk when you're not with me. Araseo?"

"Araseo..." She replied still biting her lip. "But how did I got into these clothes?" Nana asked referring to the pj's she's wearing. "Uh...about that.." Donghae started rubbing his nape as he speak. "I changed you into those clothes last night since you kept on vomiting." He explained and Nana nodded gesturing that she understands. "But don't worry, I didn't see anything. The lights were off during the whole process." Donghae defended. Well, he doesn't really have to. He cleared his voice before continuing. "You've got a lot of posters on your condo. I was surprised. Most of them were mine." He said in an attempt to change the topic. He succeeded though. "Y-You saw them?" Nana asked nervously.

"How am I not supposed to see them? They're all over the place." It was the nth time Nana bit her lip in just a matter of 15 minutes. "I like them." Donghae commented. "So don't remove them, okay?"

"Of course, you like it, it's your face. Such a narcissist." Donghae chuckled at the way Nana mumbled so cutely. "I've made you breakfast. It's on the table. I have to leave now, or else SM will go bankrupt." Nana laughed at his sarcastic joke. But she ended up laughing a bit hard causing her head to ache again. And she wasn't able to hide it from Donghae. "Aigoo. Rest for today, okay?" Be a good girl, I'll call you." He lightly brushed her cheeks with his thumb and winked at her before he left.

 - - -

When Donghae got into his car, he paused for a while and exhaled. He held his chest near to his heart. And his heart was literally pounding like crazy. Even himself couldn't imagine that this is possible. he closed his eyes in case that it would help to relax him but all he could see was Nana biting her thin pink lip which is not really helping. He sighed for the last time with less tense and clutched the clothe above his chest. "This is crazy..."

- - -

a/n: I'm sorry.. I know you're hating me now 'coz I'm such a slow writer. :( mianhae... my phone isn't working for so long nd all my drafts were stored there so I wasn't able to update and I'm also busy with school last semester. And I'm afraid I'll also be busy this summer because I'll be going to summer class but I'll still write. I'm not going on hiatus so don't worry, ne?