Chapter 22: The Return

The Maiden's Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Kai flipped his fringe to one side as he slung his duffel bag behind his shoulder, with one hand tightly clasped on the straps. He slipped his other hand inside the pocket of his jeans and walked towards the arrivals gate. Tilting his head from side to side, he let out a yawn; his body felt awfully stiff after staying in one position for several hours. It did not help the fact that the person, a lady in her twenties, who was sat next to him on the plane, kept engaging him into a flirty conversation, making it harder for him to even sleep a wink.
    Though he did not mind the fact that he could not get any proper sleep, since he was busy thinking about someone. A smile curled up to his lips as he thought about the only girl in his life. Eun Na. How he missed her terribly. For the past two weeks he had been gone, he could not go on a day without thinking about her. He could not eat properly without thinking whether she had been eaten; he could not sleep well without thinking whether she was sleeping peacefully. He wondered whether she thought of him like his thoughts were centred around her for the whole two weeks of his journey.
    Of course, there was also the guilt inside him. Guilt, because he had not called her when he promised he would. He could not, simply because there was no way of contacting her. He knew she had called him several times, more than he probably thought, but what could he do when technology did not exist in the place where he actually went? It did not matter anyway, he would make it up for her now that he was back.
    Adjusting his baseball hat so the stiff bill eyeshade faced the back, he looked around the crowded airport, looking for five familiar faces. It was rather difficult to do so since there were a lot people blocking his view. He had sent them multiple text messages earlier, telling them to be twenty minutes early as he did not want to wait in the airport like some kind of a loner. Albeit Suho had reassured him, over and over again, that they will not be late, he did not completely trust his words. It looked like he was right in doing so.
    With a frustrated sigh, he continued to walk until something, or rather someone, caught his attention, "KKAMJONG! HEY!" A deep and loud voice boomed all the way around the airport, causing majority of the people to stop at their tracks and look at the source of the voice. Kai, however, recognised that voice anywhere. "HEY! KKAM-" The voice shouted once again, but his words soon became muffled as a hand clasped securely around his mouth.
    "Not so loud, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun hissed, glaring at his best friend, who seemed to have captured the attention of almost everyone in the airport. Sehun grinned wider as he noticed Kai walking towards them, despite the angry aura surrounding the older male. Chanyeol brightened up upon seeing his friend approaching them, and he pried Baekhyun's hand off his mouth.
    "WELCOME-" he begun, but was hastily cut off immediately when Kai shoved a handkerchief on his mouth, yet not enough to choke the taller male. At least, he tried not to. Chanyeol blinked a couple of times before spitting the handkerchief out. "Hey, I could've chocked and died!" He blurted out. Sensing the situation, Suho and D.O. busied themselves by apologising to the people who were looking at the weirdly; Sehun quietly sipped on his bubble tea, while Baekhyun whistled as he twirled his motorbike keys.
    Kai rolled his eyes. "That was the point, you dingbat." He stated, as a matter of fact, but a mischievous smirk soon curled up in his lips. Chanyeol glared at his friend, but soon broke into a grin before locking his friend's neck around his arms and gave him a playful noogie.
    "Hey!" Kai protested, but the taller male continued, despite knowing he will meet his wrath later on. It was not even long before Kai finally managed to release himself from Chanyeol's grip. "You're dead, you know that, right?" He threatened as he massaged his neck continuously, his eyes narrowed into dangerous slits. He handed his duffel bag towards D.O, who gladly took it, and scrunched his knuckles.
    Chanyeol gulped, "Y-you wouldn't!"
    "Oh yeah? How do you know I woudn't?" Kai challenged, tilting his head to the side with a smirk, while taking small steps towards the taller male. He would not really kill him - why would he? Although Chanyeol annoyed the hell out of him sometimes, he could never hurt his close friend. Not one of them. Still, he enjoyed challenging him into a small brotherly fight.
    Chanyeol thought for a while and when something popped inside his mind, a victorious smile appeared on his face. "Because if you do, Parkie will be upset!" He argued back and almost immediately, Kai halted to a stop upon hearing Chanyeol's nickname for his girl, Eun Na. He was right. She would be upset if he does anything reckless, even if it was a playful and brotherly fight between the two of them. Of course, making her upset was the last thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter